Is any one still here?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.

FOT Tools or FO2 Map Editor?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:28 am

Ugh scripting, I'll stick with the FOT Tools thanks.
29%
FOT why bother there's an editor for a Real Fallout game out now.
14%
Both, each have their merits
57%

Total votes: 7

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Is any one still here?

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

So how many people are still mapping for FOT now the Fallout Mapper has been released? Putting down floor tiles is easy, especially if you use one of the set patterns, wall tiles are a bit more complicated what with them being all over the place (even with using bookmarks) but the scripting is something that's going to take me a while to learn. So until I do I'll be continuing with FOT.

What about everybody else, other than MV, or can we now persuade MV to go and buy the RPGs?
Last edited by requiem_for_a_starfury on Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Is any one still here?

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:What about everybody else, other than MV, or can we now persuade MV to go and buy the RPGs?
I haven't taken a look at the editors yet, because I only have FO and not FO2 installed on my HD. However, I confess that since there is the opportunity to do all of the things here that I want to do w/IOOI that I can't do w/FoT I am entertaining the though of shit-canning IOOI and turning it into an RPG experience. The main and driving option here is that I could have a hell of a lot more interaction between factions than simply having them grapple at knife point.

At the very least I will continue finish Phase 2 of the demo. If I still go through and convert IOOI to a FO adventure I'll still release Phase 3 for purposes of correcting bugs, too.

Regardless of the difficulty of the FO editors, MV still needs to go out and buy the RPGs, though... :P

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

OnTheBounce wrote:Regardless of the difficulty of the FO editors, MV still needs to go out and buy the RPGs, though... :P

OTB
Agreed, MV listen up OTB has spoken : )
OnTheBounce wrote:I haven't taken a look at the editors yet, because I only have FO and not FO2 installed on my HD.
Hah I'd only just uninstalled FO2 when they go release the editors and I have to go and re-install it.

I've been playing around with the editor all morning, I've done a couple of changes to the game, but I need to learn the scripting and how to create new entities properly. I think I'll put the weapons mod I was doing on hold, I'll finish off the smaller of the two maps for FOT I've been working on then if I've learnt enough about the FO2 Mapper and I have the spare time I'll start working on an adventure. Otherwise I'll stick to making standalone FOT maps.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Wow, apparently some amazing things have happened over the weekend! As soon as I finish my taxes tonight I will have to download the editors and see if they offer as much as the FOT editors. If they are as easy to use I may have to do something with them and maybe abandon FOT :(
Red

Post by Red »

I need a third option "Both have their good things and bad things" or something like that...

For example you can't have real people over people in FO, as well as multiple PCs... not to mention multiplay... All depends why you like ot make maps.

If it's for a storyline though and you like the Fallout setting, I'd say you'll go for FO...
Last edited by Red on Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I'll try to do both, though admitedly, FO has many advantages over FoT and mainly FoT has better graphics and more characters you can play with, plus the easyness in creating new material for it.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE:

Post by PaladinHeart »

Explosives, mines, traps, heck, lots of things. All these work so much better in FOT. These things are all highly ineffective in Turn Basec combat. Made virtually useless with the fact that you can not destroy the terrain in Fallout games. At least they are still good for blowing up barricades, etc.. :-/ But stuff like mines just don't work in the FO games. Lots more fun in Real-Time FOT :)

Not to mention the fact that the FO games are all but devoid of any strategic approach.

If I ever want to make a long droll drawn out RPG with a loner i'll think about FO2 editor. Otherwise im sticking with FOT since I like lots of tactics, action, etc..

Maybe I will do something in the future for FO2. But not any time soon.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:
OnTheBounce wrote:Regardless of the difficulty of the FO editors, MV still needs to go out and buy the RPGs, though... :P

OTB
Agreed, MV listen up OTB has spoken : )
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
sabin-x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b