Fallout Enforcer preview at GameSpy

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout Enforcer preview at GameSpy

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Preview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/april03 ... preview</a> of <A href="http://www.interplay.com/fbos">Fallout Enforcer</a> at <a href="http://www.gamespy.com">GameSpy</a>. Perpare to hurl:
<br>
<br>
<br><blockquote>Gamers who were unimpressed with BGDA's interface might be dismayed to hear that its no-frills menuing system has been preserved for Fallout, but if nothing else, it was simple to navigate and quick. The same three-character setup also returns; this time, instead of a dwarven warrior, elven sorceress, or human archer, you get to pick from a burly male character, a lithe female, or a mutant with his own unique powers. Like the game upon which it's based, you will be able to play Fallout: BOS with a friend, cooperatively. The Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance engine didn't allow for any network trickery, so don't expect to see Xbox Live or PS2 Network Adapter support. Still, a sofa-oriented multiplayer experience is still great fun. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>There you have it, no SPECIAL, sekret mutant powers, blah blah blah.
<br>
<br>So, now we know even more.. And does it sound like it's getting better? No? Odd, eh?
<br>
<br>Thanks to <b>EEVIAC</b> for the heads up.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: Fallout Enforcer preview at GameSpy

Post by Zbyram »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:or a mutant with his own unique powers.
OMG, maybe a Super Mutant or a ghoul with telepathic abilities. I mean look, mental attacks were in Fallout so no fan will be able to say that's silly! Sounds great!
Jiles
SDF!
SDF!

LOL

Post by Jiles »

I found this bit particularly amusing:
The world of Fallout is something pretty, unlike what you see in most games; after the apocalypse, gritty, but with a wry sense of humor. It could translate well to a dialogue-heavy action RPG in the right hands -- and given the technology they're using, the only question is how well the execution can stack up.
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

WTF, what could you expect from GameSpy!? You just gotta hate em!
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

No Special system?! Ok. When I first heard people complain I kinda thought "Ahh, its not that bad.. why complain so much?" Well... now im starting to join them.. bummer. Having no classes have always been one of the greatest things of Fallout. Stupid devolepers... I guess the only reason this game bears the Fallout name is for promotional reasons...
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Forty-six & Two wrote:I guess the only reason this game bears the Fallout name is for promotional reasons...
TOLD YA SO!
------------------
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

you will be able to play Fallout: BOS with a friend, cooperatively.
Am I the only one really disturbed by this?
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

mutants in the BOS. nice!
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I like the porspect of COOP play. Does it apply to the FO universe? Well, it breaks the "1 man saves the world mold" but that's not what's the universe is build on anyway.

What would be complicated though would be proper implimentation in an RPG. This however is a non-issue since the game isn't.
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

i think with co op fun is the key, SS2 has the storyline as you alone but is brilliant fun with 3 peeps.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Mr Carrot wrote:mutants in the BOS. nice!
heheh that was FOT's fault. Really fucking stupid.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Jinxed
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Jinxed »

Anyone else think that team chuck is fired Tomb Raider devs? :P
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

By Comparison

Post by 4too »

By Comparison to all the other half chewed E-3 press pack
treatments spit out by the on paper and on line previewers, I think this Gamespy writer has more style and synapses than the pleb that scratched out that first I'play FOBOS synopsis.

His turf appears to be consoles, and RLH was never mentioned. It was BG:DA that was sited as the FOUNDATION of this venture. The Coop part was in the BG:DA engine, so this is nothing new. No SPECIAL in BG:DA
no SPECIAL in FOBOS.

This console effort has been given some remarkable assets:
A successfull, well, money making, console engine.
The Fallout setting.

If Team Chuck can spin out a skin of a Motorcrossed Village People Cop,
why not an enhanced power armor, even if it's FOT, with Warhammer 40,000 chains?

Because I'play/team Chuck is not capable of a unique creative act. They must borrow EVERYTHING to justify, AND MINIMIZE the risk. All aspirations are blinded by survival psychology, tunnel vision.

And my gutt feeling is that I'play will blow it with their flip pandering and ""bottle caps for whores"".

4too