Chucky says STFU!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Chucky says STFU!

Post by Killzig »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

In a total effort to turn a blind eye to any and all criticism, the monkies at Interplay have deleted every last post on the <A href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewforum.php?f=55" target=_blank>Fallout Enforcer</a> forums <b>and locked it</b>. Too bad for them they can't erase the comments on sites like <a href="http://ve3d.com/Comments.aspx?ID=5165&contenttype=1" target=_blank>VE3D</a>.

So basically, they ban most of those posting well thought out shreddings of their current project, clear out the forum and now they'll make sure it stays nice and positive with not a damn post.

In news relating to people who actually still make decent games, Troika is having a ToEE dev chat on IRC.GAMESNET.NET over at #RPGCODEX. Join in.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Does anyone know anyone who's financing iply's projects...?

Maybe if we showed them enough of the bad comments about
FOBOS we might do some damage... Instead of whining as it seems
half the board is busy doing atm...
Testicular Pugilist
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Last Clown Standing.....

Post by 4too »

So JESTER iz king o' da hill, the last clown standing....

Credited with 9 posts,..., and when browse for ALL posts only ONE remains, an entreaty to join the orgy at the FOBOS site.

What a tradgic loss to the grand historical record of hubris in the New Millenium.

A moment of silence ,..., pleasze....

4too
SDF!
SDF!

Post by 388 »

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah.

This is so great. If you're totally rushing off to see the reaction people're having over your excellentness, Chuck, let me just heartfeltedly and politely announce with much respect that I'd love to clasp both sides of your head between my hands, and slowly fuck you through the ear cannal with a rusty shiv tied to my angry, thrusting dick.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

That is really fucking hilarious. I guess they think FOBOS deserves a "fresh new start" or some shit. Too bad other mainstream sites like Voodoo Extreme don't mention Interplay's outstanding attempt to silence the majority.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

This is one of the more hilarious things I've seen today.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

woah! talk about drastic action! things are sure going to hell now.

dare I say... canceled? Or modified beyond belief?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

This can turn into a real mess real fast (well, I mean worse than it already is). We can use this as proof of Interplay's underhanded PR and get all other sites and other forms of media to see what's really going on. Or Interplay can explain how crazy Fallout fanboys spammed the forums and made threats despite several warnings. They can spin it really easy to favor themselves.

When the FOBOS forum reopens it's probably gonna be a controlled forum. You can only post in several topics started by the moderators to avoid any kind of real discussion.
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

there can be only one!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Silly Chucky! The only way to shut us up is to kill us.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
EEVIAC
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EEVIAC »

They may as well just put up a sign that says "SPAM ME!" Do they think people will not be insulted, do they think they won't return?

I'm wondering if this sets some kind of precedent - does anyone know if a game company has ever done anything like this before?
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

IPLY uses SEX to sell Games....remember this all time IPLY Classic and the Controversy surrounding it!!!!

Of Light And Darkness ( http://www.wn.com.au/gazoo/Bruvel.htm )

IPLY Knows.....that HYPING the game Before the game hits the stores....SELLS SELLS SELLS!!!!

If I was a 12 year old male...hell....I'd be interested to.
pnutz
SDF!
SDF!

Thank you Chuckfucker

Post by pnutz »

Thank you, Chuck.

I used to visit DAC, NMA and V13 about once every couple of months just to see the progress of the mapper and the fan projects. It was getting rather depressing--almost no one posted any responses (esp. on NMA) and I had thought the fallout community pretty much dead.

Then the official level editor came out and I had hope again. But nothing gets people involved like having some asshole drop a bigshit on something they love. Something like fallout that was so funny, deep, complex, moving, and most of all, fun.

It really brings em out of the woodwork when you point out how you're realizing the dream of fallout by finally adding particle effects to the minigun.

Now even the console kiddies at VE3D are screaming for your head. I didn't even know they cared.

Thanks Chuck
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

BWhahahahahaahahahah

absolutly hilarious
Mistress
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Mistress »

Well, I can see that it is fair enough that the forum be closed really, since, as a business, they don't want their own site and forums to be the source of bad publicity. I certainly wouldn't want to spend money to have my products slated. That said, I think that a big part of the problem lies in the inconsistency and lack of communication regarding the moderating of the forums.

People like Visceris and Shadow Paladin simply arguing back and forth with a total lack of sense and reason do not a good forum make. Of course I disagree totally with the fact that certain people, who had made reasoned comments and arguments in that forum, were banned.

So, yes, I can understand totally that Interplay do not want a lot of negativity on their forums regarding one of their upcoming titles, I just think they have handled it pretty damn badly.
Jiles
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jiles »

If memory serves me correctly, EA did a similar thing not long after Ultima 9 was released. I'm sure at least a few of you here know how great that game was.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

I subscribe to a UK games mag called PC Zone and these guys always cover games from about the time they're announced to the time they hit the shelves. Christ, they even published a short article about that Fallout Fantasy rumour.

It's just occured to me that there's been absolutely nothing written about Fallout: Thongs of Praise at all. OK, so it's a console game, but I'm surprised they haven't given it the slightest mention, what with the cult following the license has and all. What point was I trying to make? Oh yeah, Enforcer'll get a round panning as soon as the magazine picks up on it.
Jiles
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jiles »

Stevie D wrote:I subscribe to a UK games mag called PC Zone and these guys always cover games from about the time they're announced to the time they hit the shelves. Christ, they even published a short article about that Fallout Fantasy rumour.

It's just occured to me that there's been absolutely nothing written about Fallout: Thongs of Praise at all. OK, so it's a console game, but I'm surprised they haven't given it the slightest mention, what with the cult following the license has and all. What point was I trying to make? Oh yeah, Enforcer'll get a round panning as soon as the magazine picks up on it.
Even Slashdotters seem unimpressed with it.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Mad Max RW wrote:This can turn into a real mess real fast (well, I mean worse than it already is). We can use this as proof of Interplay's underhanded PR and get all other sites and other forms of media to see what's really going on. Or Interplay can explain how crazy Fallout fanboys spammed the forums and made threats despite several warnings. They can spin it really easy to favor themselves.
Interplay can't really fall back on that the crazy Fallout fans forced this now because they've banned so many of us long before this.
When the FOBOS forum reopens it's probably gonna be a controlled forum. You can only post in several topics started by the moderators to avoid any kind of real discussion.
It was already like that. The moderators just couldn't keep up with it. The more they locked and deleted, the worse things got.
------------------
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Mistress wrote: So, yes, I can understand totally that Interplay do not want a lot of negativity on their forums regarding one of their upcoming titles, I just think they have handled it pretty damn badly.
It makes Derek !Smart look outright congenial and forthright.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!