Chucky says STFU!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Cuevas not only works on a game that any idiot(even one who hasn't played Fallout) would think is stupid.

Their description for Tesla armor is amazingly retarded.

Reading their Dev Diary should go down in gaming history as the most idiotic work of writing(if you can call it that) ever. It's like he wants to loose money. Anyone with sense can see how amazingly bad this FOBOS is. It's like the worst joke ever. Have they even read any of the Fallout 3 forums? I remember that Action Fallout was an idiotic thing to post. ironic that they are actually making an Action Fallout.

Yesterday, I asked a friend(one who never played Fallout before) what he thought of FOBOS based on what they have(website, screenshots, features lists, etc)
He said that not only could he crap out better graphics than the GFX in FOBOS, that anyone willing to buy that craptacular game should be castrated.
It's amazing that they even thought the idea of FOBOS could be a distant reality, let alone an actual work-in-progress.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

I showed the site to a friend today and then proceeded to sort through it making lewd comments towards the screenshots and uttering long strings of profanities. Afterwards even AFTER veiwing the movie he said that he thought it would be good. Of course he is an ass and I have no real idea why I even talk to the deluded pot-head, console-crazy freak. The guy plays text based online fantasy chat RPG's fopr chrissake! What the hell is wrong with me! I have to go shower or something and than try to erase all memory of him from my mind.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

It's amusing this is spilling over in to the other forums.. In the feedback area of the IPLY forum:

Idiot calls for censoring anything negative in any forum due to this

Why was the Fallout Enforcer forum locked thread

Yet another Why was the Fallout Enforcer forum locked thread

The amusing part is that TEAM CHUCK and Johnny Gisler probably weren't smart enough to think this kind of thing would happen. Basically, piss off a bunch of people with a really shitty looking title which defaces the hell out of a classic game.. Then censor the hell out of anyone that didn't like it. Follow that with completely removing the container cap for this venting so people have to find another place to voice their opinion.

It honestly makes me wonder if these people are firing on all cylinders.
------------------
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I knew Interplay would play the "crazy Fallout fanboy" card and pin the blame on somebody else. And a lot of idiots are backing them up as usual. Funny stuff.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

oh fuck oh fuck, WTF is that? it's gettin even worse... sorry but I'm so shocked I can't think of any better comment..
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Mad Max RW wrote:I knew Interplay would play the "crazy Fallout fanboy" card and pin the blame on somebody else. And a lot of idiots are backing them up as usual. Funny stuff.
It helps them sleep at night thinking that only a small, fringe minority are against this title.
------------------
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:It honestly makes me wonder if these people are firing on all cylinders.
Well, obviously not. Shutting down the Enforcer forum completely and putting a pro-Enforcer dictatorship in power is not exactly the best thing to do to combat the bad press on this game.

It's time for a regime change.
Avenrosh
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Avenrosh »

jerman999 wrote:It's time for a regime change.
The only thing we can do is to find a way to force the cancellation of this game. But how?
Last edited by Avenrosh on Sat May 03, 2003 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

by removing the fallout and BOS from teh title would be perfect... plus we wouldnt be so pissed off about it... i think.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: ...

Avenrosh wrote:The only thing we can do is to find a way to force the cancellation of this game. But how?
I'm wondering if they're not already thinking that this whole thing is a fiasco they don't need right now. If not, they need more fiasco'ing.
------------------
Avenrosh
SDF!
SDF!

Re: ...

Post by Avenrosh »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:If not, they need more fiasco'ing.
That won't be hard... They keep adding fuel to the fire with each press release.
MF
Respected
Respected

Post by MF »

They should have canned it earlier. This is more worthy of canning than Torn was, probably.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

why did they can Torn anyway? It looked good. I'm a big Planescape fan because of Torment...
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

TORN wasn't Planescape, so I'm not sure about the relevance of that.

TORN was cancelled because BIS and LithTech just don't work.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
EEVIAC
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EEVIAC »

avenger69ie wrote:by removing the fallout and BOS from teh title would be perfect... plus we wouldnt be so pissed off about it... i think.
In the dev diary UpChuck mentions that the game was originally called Future Shock. I will casually assume that the game was not originally meant to be a Fallout game, and when they saw that they had pretty much flushed their money down the toilet, they tacked on a fallout licence in hopes that FO fans would blindly take anything they were given.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Replicated here in the likely event that it's deleted/locked/destroyed on the Interplay forums:

------------------------------------------------------
It's amazing the number of times I've come across a forum where the people there seem to miss the whole point of forums in the first place. A forum is a place to have a discussion, to have your say, to give an opinion. Pure and simple. Whether that be about your pet dog, or a computer game, that's all it is. At times, yes, things are likely to degenerate into heated debate or further into outright argument, in those cases the moderators/administrators follow their policy (which they should really have) and handle it. Other times, spamming, or whatever will occur. Now, whether that policy be to do nothing and let the argument peter out, or wether it be to warn, lock, delete, ban, whatever that policy is, it should be consistent.

One very interesting thing I've found with FO:BOS is the lack of any consistent policy. People were not informed when decisions were made. They just happened. Worse yet was people being banned for avatars, people who made decent posts. No warning. Yet warnings for more horrific things? People were apparently banned because of an e-mail someone else sent.

Like now for instance. The forum is closed and locked. How do I know? Because I came here and saw an empty FO:BOS forum. The solitary post in there says "Please visit the website" and gives NO EXPLANATION as to why the forum was shutdown in the first place.

That's bad policy. You should keep your public informed. Otherwise, you get threads like this popping up all over the place.

Why was the forum locked and closed? We've had a few opinions. From who? The people who locked it? Nope, from people whining about the whining.

That's just great. No really, it is.

Truth be told, all of us should just shutup and wait for the person responsible to come out and give us the "Official Why". There's not even an announcement in the Announcement forum.

Problem is, getting back to my first paragraph, this is a forum. People like to have their say and give their opinions. That's why I'm even bothering to write this in the first place. I want to give my opinion and have my say. I'm hoping in vain that someone who cares might listen.

Truth be told, I doubt that'll happen. Ever.

It's the same in the forum. Somebody asks "Why are thongs in this game" does someone responsible come out and answer? Nope. We get the "thongs are good" vs the "thongs are bad" crowd. Discussions like that will go around in circles and will continue to go around in circles until SOMEONE IN CONTROL comes out and gives "The Official Why".

May as well set it up so that once someone asks a question, the thread is locked until someone in the know answers.

That doesn't make much of a forum.

Interplay--

The PM I sent to Jester a.k.a. Mr. Chucky:
DarkUnderlord: I'd just like to say... wrote:You are a 100% Official Certified Moron.

Thank you for your time.

EEVIAC wrote:Future Shock. I will casually assume that the game was not originally meant to be a Fallout game
Future Shock is already a game or a book or something isn't it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Future Shock is already a game or a book or something isn't it?
I can think of two things titled Future Shock off-hand:
  1. A book by Alvin Toffler, published in 1970. It deals w/the impact of rapidly accelerating pace of change on people.
  2. An album by Herbie Hancock, released in 1983.
I'm not sure about any games, whether computer or other, though.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yo

http://wasteland.duckandcover.net/megatron/May03153.JPG

my scanner is a bit...broke so I had to do it with my camera
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Terminator: Future Shock was a decent fps from bethesda, methinks they had to change the name then the same marketing cunt who told them to slap Fallout on Chimera probably told them to slap it on "FUTAR SHOXZZZZ"