Fallout Enforcer interview on GCM

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout Enforcer interview on GCM

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.gamechronicles.com/">Game Chronicles</a> has <a href="http://www.gamechronicles.com/qa/fallou ... rviewed</a> <b>TEAM CHUCK</b> about you-know-what:
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>GCM:</b> Setting out to create a version of Fallout for the world of consoles, what were your biggest concerns?
<br>
<br><b>Chuck Cuevas:</b> The biggest concern was conveying the world of Fallout and introducing it to a new genre. The action adventure genre differs greatly from the original games that were set in the post-apocalyptic earth of the future. Action gamers tend to want to shoot and blow up stuff more then other gamers. Fans of the original games wanted to be able to talk their way out of a situation. Knowing this difference, we decided it was more fun to shoot first and ask questions later. So while the gameplay has changed greatly, the world has not. There are still plenty of rats to kill and ghouls to hammer into the dirt while looking for that next great gizmo.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>Things I learned from this interview:
<br>
<br><ul><li> Killing rats is great fun - mentioned twice.</li><li>Action gamers are mainly concerned with blowin' up stuff</li><li> Blowin' up stuff is darkly humorous - just like in <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a>.</li><li> Fallout Enforcer is going to have radscorpions <i>and</i> <u>rats</u>. Did we mention <u>rats</u> yet? </li><li> Chucky thinks Fallout Enforcer will help you get dates with the girl next door.</li></ul>
<br>
<br>Thanks, <b>Ausir</b>!
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: Fallout Enforcer interview on GCM

Post by Bulldog »

Saint_Proverbius wrote: There are still plenty of rats to kill and ghouls to hammer into the dirt while looking for that next great gizmo
Thank god I was deathly afraid that this might not be the case
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Not cool. Looks like every new game is both darkly humorous and will score me chicks. I should slap on some attire, head over to the local suburban consumer electronics store, and buy a truckload of video games to verify my pimping status.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Rydiak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rydiak »

Lmfao, Chucky gets another A+ in the "I'm a fucking retard" category.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Well, here are the things I learned from the interview:
  • Making a pile of shit takes a lot of developers. Almost as many as Neverwinter Nights.
  • Working for Interplay for 3 months counts as a gaming career.
  • Chucky makes illogical connections (Fans of the original games wanted to be able to talk their way out of a situation. Knowing this difference, we decided it was more fun to shoot first and ask questions later.)
  • There is something inherently funny about blowing up dogs and rats, but there is no mention of children.
  • You can riddle an enemy with lead from an SMG, and it's not enough to kill him. You therefore have to use your Sledge Hammer to finish him off.
  • Different colour armour means a lot.
  • People of the wasteland like to hide Stimpaks and ammo in stupid hard to reach areas, just to make life more difficult for themselves, for everyone else, and for BoS wannabes who just happen to wander through the area.
  • More great Interplay titles are going to get the el-cheapo console do-over job and this is apparently going to be pleasantly surprising, when in reality, I'm pleasantly surprised that Interplay actually have any great titles at all.
What did everyone else learn?

It's good material. Are we going to see a DaC version for the FOBOS section here? :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

teh chucky wrote:The action adventure genre differs greatly from the original games that were set in the post-apocalyptic earth of the future.
HOLY FUCK, Chucky said something that is true!
teh chuckster wrote:So while the gameplay has changed greatly, the world has not. There are still plenty of rats to kill and ghouls to hammer into the dirt while looking for that next great gizmo.
Ok, he's back to normal.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

he needs to have his head screwwed on a full 3 turns, and after that have it smashed by one of his l33t sledge hammers, and then smash a few rats while your at it.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Thing I learned from the interview:

What would qualify as a minor side quest in Fallout is the entire "story driving Brotherhood of Steel and the player’s role in it." (that's a quote). What he's talking about is "You are sent to investigate some strange rumors that are originating in an old desert city." Pretty original huh?

P.S. On a side note, can someone figure out what my "self-defined rank" is from? HINT: it's an obscure float that happens in Fallout 2 :)
Hokkien
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hokkien »

What the Smack!!! Chucky is so blatantly Stupid, or ignorant, that I'm in a state of disbelief. He's like a high school student... making a computer game... But its Fallout. So its like a Very stupid man is raping the Fallout name up the @ss!!!
The Dual Wielding Dr. Grip/Chop Stick Freak!
Jiles
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jiles »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:<ul><li> Chucky thinks Fallout Enforcer will help you get dates with the girl next door.</li></ul>
Hey, what red-blooded female wouldn't want to come around and shoot and guttersluts in thongs and bondage gear?
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

What I learned: "usual post-apocalyptic faire and much more." Chucky has not yet grasped how to differentiate between similar words. This makes him stupid in a whole new way. And how exactly does Interplay think he is qualified to make a game? What the hell has Chuck done that is decent in any way shape or form? This is sheer stupidity.
peasofme
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by peasofme »

i'd rather shoot myself than read this. i have to admit fo3 doesnt sound this bad at least. and at least the fo3 concept art is cool... but so was iwd's...
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I dont know what your guys problem is, I think it's going to be the best game in the series. Nothing contradicts what happened in Fo1 or Fo2, so it will be even cooler. If you guys don't like it dont buy it.

lewl
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: hey

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I dont know what your guys problem is, I think it's going to be the best game in the series. Nothing contradicts what happened in Fo1 or Fo2, so it will be even cooler. If you guys don't like it dont buy it.

lewl
Dude, you totally left out <i>you're just mad because it's a kewl console gaem!</i>
------------------
axltrauts
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by axltrauts »

What i learned: expect Fallout Fighter Alpha turbo zero 4!!! lots of rats ands ghouls!!! total wasteland feeling!!! tons of combos and cool moves like the cyborg-ghoul laser ray, or the rad-spit!! and a misterious final Boss!!! we won't tell u, but smells like Chuck!

he says that ammo is a precious commodity, and stimpacks, SO, the it's the wasteland cause u don't happen to find many of it. but how many games with a decent challenge does have plenty of healing and things u can use to defeat enemies?
"From the greed of the Campbells,
From the ire of the Drummonds,
From the pride of the Grahams,
From the wind of the Murrays,
Good Lord, deliver us."
Human Shield
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Human Shield »

Did you guys read the updated FOBOS FAQ?
Why does the chick from the trailer say "I was born after the bombs fell"? That would make her over 80! I hope you'll get rid of factual errors like this one.
A: Actually the trailer says "I was born just after the bombs fell..." and you are right, that would make Nadia over 80 years old. We made a mistake. Not in our timeline, but in the recording of the line. By the time we caught it, it was too late to fix. We will do our best to make sure these kinds of errors do not happen again. She should have said, "I was born after the bombs fell..."

Why was the BoS logo changed?
A: Do you mean 'Why was the dual gun logo changed to the present caution sign look?' The present graphic of the caution sign was designed to foster a new look and therefore a new approach to the Fallout world for this game.
Or
Do you mean 'Why was the BoS logo changed from the sword and gears to the dual pistols?' The early version that was used when the game was announced, was conceptualize as possible logo for this version of the Brotherhood of Steel. With the desire to create an action oriented game, we experimented with changing the logo to reflect this desire. (I.E. guns vs. swords). Happily, we have decided to stay with the sword and gears for the game.
Rydiak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rydiak »

New logo = great fun! With this knowledge, we can all become FANTASTIC developers, just like our good friend, Chucky.
NumberZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by NumberZero »

is it illegal to state your intentions to murder someone on a public message board? just a legal question.
hello, if your fallout idea starts with "Wouldn't it be cool", then i hate you, and i am very saddened by the fact that technology has not advanced to the point where you can reach out and touch other users, because i would strangle you.
Rydiak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rydiak »

Only in the UK. They have a law that leaves website owners responsible for all material on that site, whether it be through them or others. In other words, if someone posts on a UK forum that they want to kill someone, the UK forum owner can be held responsible if the person does because the material was posted. Quite stupid if you ask me.
Ryan Chorzempa
Veritas necnon decus, etiam valedico.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Rydiak wrote:Only in the UK. They have a law that leaves website owners responsible for all material on that site, whether it be through them or others. In other words, if someone posts on a UK forum that they want to kill someone, the UK forum owner can be held responsible if the person does because the material was posted. Quite stupid if you ask me.
That is completely stupid. I'm kind of amazed that even passed. You could post on a bunch of message boards in the UK that you're wanting to kill someone, then run out and do it promptly, then give the cops a list of those links.. Wow, you just made a bunch of innocent people criminals!

The funny thing is, I think DAC is on a UK server.
------------------