Puuky Baby on playable ghouls and supermutants

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: Making changes...

Post by DarkUnderlord »

N wrote:Fuck the people who built the francise's popularity in the first place and gave it a large fanbase -- we need more exposure to the masses!
Then we can dip them all in FEV!! MUAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
Insane-Lark wrote:Let's just hope that it really isn't as grim as it looks. Anybody believe that it won't be?
I stopped caring at about the mention of the "RT with pause AND turn-based" combat system. The thought that ran through my mind from that was "X-Com 3: Apocalypse", which I always thought sucked badly. Or rather, the demo that I played did, unlike the demo for Terror from the Deep which made me buy that, and then go out and find the first one.

Actually, Fallout is headed the way of X-Com.

Way-hay!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EN.
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EN. »

Hey guys, according to NMA and this thread:

http://phpbb01.interplay.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

(where J.E. posts several times)

There AREN'T going to be any playable races in FO3 because of the amount of time it'd take to do all the animations.
Sammael
Regular
Regular

Post by Sammael »

Why is everybody talking about Fallout's popularity? Fallout 1 and 2 sold less then freaking Icewind Dale. While the enthusiasm of fans from various Eastern European countries (including my own) is commendable, they are all going to pirate the game anyway.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

So? How is that different from most games? Compare Fallout's sales to any other old and popular game...
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Sammael wrote:Why is everybody talking about Fallout's popularity? Fallout 1 and 2 sold less then freaking Icewind Dale. While the enthusiasm of fans from various Eastern European countries (including my own) is commendable, they are all going to pirate the game anyway.
Yet Fallout sold a hell of a lot better than IWD2... Back in 1997.. With no PR because IPLY thought the CRPG market was dead..

And for the record, IWD was one of IPLY's biggest in-house sellers.
------------------