RIAA Can't Touch Canada

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

the music industry wouldnt have a problem if they made good music cds and when they did make a music cd to make sure more than 1 of the 14 songs is worth listening to.

i got tired a while ago with the whole buy a cd and get 1 good song and get 13 others that sound like bob denver singing bluegrass no matter what music genre it is.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jeff »

Spazmo wrote:You're an utter pansy, BlackDog. DAC is all about the obscene images.
no... I think that's what the irc channel is for?
or the wasteland if you must :O
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

atoga wrote:People downloading music has really crippled the industry....
Well that is what the RIAA says, but maybe there is more to it than that? I tend to think it is because of the economy, outrageous prices, and crappy mainstream music. I myself don't like to take a chance to drop $15 on a cd if I don't know if everything on it is good. At least with downloading mp3s I can find out if it's worth buying.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

We've got a new axis of evil then.
Hello New Jersey
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:
atoga wrote:People downloading music has really crippled the industry....
Well that is what the RIAA says, but maybe there is more to it than that? I tend to think it is because of the economy, outrageous prices, and crappy mainstream music. I myself don't like to take a chance to drop $15 on a cd if I don't know if everything on it is good. At least with downloading mp3s I can find out if it's worth buying.
Your points are true, JJ86, but that's hardly going to be a justification used by the RIAA. Saying that people downloading music is a good scapegoat because it's much easier, everybody does it, and because it's something that can be proven, while the other things you mentioned can not.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
NachoMonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by NachoMonkey »

Hey I have a novel idea, how about the music industry quits leeching off bands successes, bands start printing their own CD's, and make some money from gigs, band mercandise, and gig bought cd's ?

maybe this will start weeding out shitty corporate bands like nsync,backstreet boys and ol' lesbian britney spears

On a number of times ive forked out over a hundred dollars (Au) to go see a band live, plus i usually grab a band tshirt, and check out supporting bands.

The music industry is just scared because the gravy train theyve built over the years is coming to its final stop with file sharing, and it looks like they'll have to find new jobs....
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Yeah jobs that actually require skills.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Spazmo wrote:You're an utter pansy, BlackDog. DAC is all about the obscene images.
I'm an utter pansy and you enjoy looking at grotesque images of a nasty old mans anus. But hey, I guess thats what DaC is all about, right? :roll: :badgrin:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

You know our secret now.
Hello New Jersey
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

They're called Magic Eye puzzles, popular in the mid-90s (unless of course you're referring to the goatse instead, but I think you, of all people, should be well acquainted with Mr. Goatse).
'course... it's my fault it's so wide.

Thx, I found a bunch of them.
Testicular Pugilist
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

BlackDog wrote:I'm an utter pansy and you enjoy looking at grotesque images of a nasty old mans anus. But hey, I guess thats what DaC is all about, right?
Goatse is hardly gross. Personally I find it kinda funny. If you want gross, look elsewhere in the wasteland. If you can't take it, you are indeed a pansy.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

STOP WITH THE GOATSE :evil:

and I think the music industry problem is that the number of pop bands is increasing WAY MORE than the number of people buying music.

back in the days we copied music tapes
now we copy cds
same thing!

it's only we have like 14 boys band, 44 whore singing pop, 99 whores singing r&b, hundreds of rapper rapping(raping) same old crap, a shitload of OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone punk bands, NU metal BS, and it goes on and on