Troika's Next?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Personally I think d20 is a shitty, unbalanced, not very fun system. The books are similarly badly done. The only advantage is that you can mix & match different d20 games, if you call it an advantage. Mostly it's just an excuse for fat star wars geeks to have light sabers in their game of DND, and ugly DND nerds to have random DND stuff in the Star Wars universe. Dumb.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Atoga makes a very good point. I don't know why any self respecting Game Master would although such things. :?

I, myself have no opinion on D20, GURPS, etc. etc. not many PnPers around this part of Ontario.
Rad_Man
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rad_Man »

WOW! I just saw this and all I can say is its very good news. I was hoping Trokia would just forget about the whole fallout thing (with FOT and FOBOS the franchise is pretty much screwed up) and do I new post-apoc game, I have good feeling about this.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

atoga wrote:Personally I think d20 is a shitty, unbalanced, not very fun system. The books are similarly badly done. The only advantage is that you can mix & match different d20 games, if you call it an advantage. Mostly it's just an excuse for fat star wars geeks to have light sabers in their game of DND, and ugly DND nerds to have random DND stuff in the Star Wars universe. Dumb.
:hehe: Sounds like the old T$R games are going down the road of Palladium's system which culminated in the "everything and anything goes" Rifts setting which was centered on dimensional and temporal -- you guessed it -- rifts. That you could have your samurai battle dragons with an automatic shotgun while riding a Harley Davidson around the belly of the SDF-1 and wearing a walkman playing a mix of Britney Spears and Yellow Dancer...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

OnTheBounce wrote:
:hehe: Sounds like the old T$R games are going down the road of Palladium's system which culminated in the "everything and anything goes" Rifts setting which was centered on dimensional and temporal -- you guessed it -- rifts. That you could have your samurai battle dragons with an automatic shotgun while riding a Harley Davidson around the belly of the SDF-1 and wearing a walkman playing a mix of Britney Spears and Yellow Dancer...

OTB
Shh. You're giving away the secret end battle in FOBOS! No really, dont say things like that, itll give Chucky ideas.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Don't talk about Chucky. We don't wanna see him here!!
amerestatistic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by amerestatistic »

Hi, I'm new to this forum...

Does anyone know the origin of the rumor that Troika's project is based on Gamma World?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

amerestatistic wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum...

Does anyone know the origin of the rumor that Troika's project is based on Gamma World?
A few concept art pictures that were marked "Post-Apocalyptic" or something.

Personally, I'd rather have it be a new setting, or Darklands, or something.
fuck
amerestatistic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by amerestatistic »

I was actually aware of the concept art...

To clarify: I was asking about the origin of the rumors that the game is based on Gamma World. Except for the fact that they're both from post-apocalyptic settings, why would anybody have reason to think the project has to do with Gamma World? My guess is it's just pure speculation but I'm curious if there's anything more to it then that...

And yes I'd rather it be an original setting as well, particularly since I'm pretty sure Gamma World is a WotC intellectual property...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

some people are insane and while gobbling pills to keep themselves from rubbing shit in there eyes they like to think this is falloudune gamma...shadow!
:chew: