Matrix Revolutions on TV

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Matrix Revolutions on TV

Post by DJG »

http://www.whatisthematrix.com

The TV spots for Matrix 3 are online !
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

The Lord of the Rings is my trilogy of choice. The new Star Wars are nothing compared to the original, and the Matrix I think is just a special effects show with the premise of the storyline basically being, Do you exist? No you must be a computer hacker to exist, you must also learn uber Karate and fight a 100 clones. They could make another Matrix trilogy where Neo finds out that he was only on the 1 of a thousand planes of the Matrix.
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DJG »

Alphawulf wrote:They could make another Matrix trilogy where Neo finds out that he was only on the 1 of a thousand planes of the Matrix.
Yeah I thought too about this possibility.
Why Zion was destroyed 5-6 times ?
Why Neo can stop some machines (don't remember the name) in the "real world" at the end of the movie ?
Hmmm... strange... :)
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

DJG wrote:Why Neo can stop some machines (don't remember the name) in the "real world" at the end of the movie ?
Hmmm... strange... :)
Actually, I thought he failed to stop them, rather the ship that came in blasted them from the back, pwning Neo in the process.
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DJG »

Hmmm even more strange...
:?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

LOTR, The Matrix, new Star Wars (old one was mildly entertaining if nothing else); all are very stupid. Go get a taste in movies.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Hear hear! I'm in full agreement with atoga!

Though I think the LotR trilogy has about the same value/level of entertainment as the old Star Wars trilogy, but nothing else.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Poor Keanu = Bill & Ted's most exellent adventure
Rich Keanu = The Matrix
The Matrix = Gay
E = MC^2
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

bill and ted>neo and morpheus?

I don't like lotr much, I prefer rambo or indiana jones or any other good wholesome trilogy where nazis/terrorists die or something. The matrix isn't bad, not much more than an action movie? I'm not even intrested in new star wars movies, and don't like the old ones as much as some people?
:chew:
sarcasmboy_1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sarcasmboy_1 »

Has anybody ever read Plato's "The Myth of the Cave"?
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Do me one of those mini-gun robot thingy's.
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

LOTR-The bestest and only fantasy story worth reading, it has a falloutish taste of impending doom.

Starwars-Good adventure movie in space but not really sci-fi.

Matrix-Special effects with lots of special effects and a crapy storyline based on the shittiestest premise ever, humans used to make batteries! Anybody ever heard of termodinamics? The ass who wrote the story sure as hell did´nt.
Carpe jugulum.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

The guy who wrote the story left his wife for a dominatrix.
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the matrix story isn't that bad, if it was less mainstream I bet you wouldn't whinge about it?
:chew:
Dark_Machine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dark_Machine »

The first Matrix was superb, but the second one turned into that Special Effects Show that Alpha mentioned. The third looks to go back to the original's more thought-based action, but I doubt it will succeed. Generally, following the old rule of thumb, nothing is as good as the original.

Except LoTR, Return Of The King always having been my favorite of the books, then Two Towers and Fellowship last. But..then again, Tolkien never intended the Trilogy to be a Trilogy, he intended it to be one novel, but it was too long.

As for Fallout-esque (I forget who mentioned it), if you're looking for a good Post Apoc book that's a pretty quick read, I just finished The Folk of The Fringe by Orson Scott Card, and I highly recommend it.
Jay Levi
DJ Eripio
The Dark Machine
"He is a driven, unflinching, calculating machine, and nothing is beyond him."
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Dark_Machine wrote:Except LoTR, Return Of The King always having been my favorite of the books, then Two Towers and Fellowship last. But..then again, Tolkien never intended the Trilogy to be a Trilogy, he intended it to be one novel, but it was too long.
That's kind of silly, there are lots of books out there longer than LotR, and they aren't released as trilogies.

The reason for making it into a trilogy is a bit simpler. Cash. Ca-ching.

And if the hippies hadn't embraced LotR as being anti-war, chances are nobody would've heard of it these days. It's not THAT special.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I liked the first time I saw Lord of the Rings...when it was called Willow.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Kharn wrote:And if the hippies hadn't embraced LotR as being anti-war, chances are nobody would've heard of it these days. It's not THAT special.
Indeed. My mom was definately one of those hippies though, heh.

Matrix story = dumb. Matrix #1 had its moments and was kind of fun for a while but it eventually got dumb. Also it was filmed in that grainy green-and-black style that is all too common and boring in films these days. Finally the plot is nothing special, and it's been used dozens of times before.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

What the fuck is up with that greeny computer like writing anyway? I always thought dos had gray writing not green and what makes green so computer like anyway? :? The only thing green in a computer is maybe the PCB.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Green-black is usually what's most photogenic, and looks best, in a movie. Also it's usually impossible to film actual computer screens, there's too much flickering and stuff. Dumb, I know.