useless stuff

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Phoenix
Regular
Regular

useless stuff

Post by Phoenix »

Post all the stupid stuff in fallout tactics like Charisma! What the hell is that good for in tactics?
Signatures are for loosers

I just love that line....
captain_ben
SDF!
SDF!

Post by captain_ben »

That also defines how good you are in bartering and it helps to have someone in your group who has a charisma of 10,as they will sell your loot for more and buy for less..Also affects who you can recruit in your team and thats all i can be bothered to write......
But if you meant in multiplayer terms,YEAH! whats the point of charisma in multiplayer if theres no co-op maps/worlds and theres no bartering,just death..........
[o_O]
Phoenix
Regular
Regular

Post by Phoenix »

but it dons´t affect much.. my main character has a carisma of 2(ie gifted) and i have a team member that rules at bartering... no need for the character to have it.

it allways follows the same story anyways and you never have an option to do things the fallout way... to bad...

in the original games FO 1-2 atleast it was important!

GAAHHH!!!!
Signatures are for loosers

I just love that line....
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Phoenix wrote:but it dons´t affect much.. my main character has a carisma of 2(ie gifted) and i have a team member that rules at bartering... no need for the character to have it.

it allways follows the same story anyways and you never have an option to do things the fallout way... to bad...

in the original games FO 1-2 atleast it was important!

GAAHHH!!!!
yup, no need for charisma when u let your guns do the talking.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Useless Things:

Papers(found in Junction City: second floor mayors building)

Machine Gun that starts with a C and is found in Junction City where the tunnel with the rats are
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Ahh, but for us modders and mappers these can be useful things. Charisma can be used to good effect although it wasn't in the original game. Thank god they put in a lot of things that weren't implemented with the game.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Great avatar JJ. :lol:

Useless items:

Jetbike key

Naked Moose magazine

Cats Paw magazine

Some keys

AP ammo (does less damage if I recall)

Brahmin Armour

Ring Pulls

Nuka Cola

Yellow Nuka

Cherry Nuka

Classic Nuka

(Charisma is not useless. It helps you go up ranks faster and thus get the better squad members earlier.)
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

If you use the Brahmin Armor on a robot, ghoul, Super Mutant it is very useful. :wink:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Never thought of wearing it on a robot. Never got ghouls or super mutants.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Slider wrote:Machine Gun that starts with a C and is found in Junction City where the tunnel with the rats are
You're referring to the Chauchat. It was an attempt by the French to introduce a light machinegun (essentially a Squad Automatic Weapon) that could be carried by the infantry into No Man's Land, whereas the rather heavy MGs of the day - we're talking about weapons in the neighborhood of 100 pounds - had to be left behind during an advance. Like the later US M3A1 Greasegun and English Sten Gun the Chauchat was made very cheaply, using as much stamped metal as possibly and built to very loose tolerances by many subcontractors. This solution was used to get the weapon into production even though French industry of the day was already taxed practically to its limit.

The problem with the design was twofold:
  • The French did not have the experience with mass production of the type required to make this weapon, unlike in the US where the burgeoning automobile industry as well as the need for replacement parts in firearms out on the frontier had led to significant breakthroughs in this area.
  • The weapon was chambed in the French military's standard 8mm Lebel cartridge. This cartridge had a rim, and because of this the magazine had to have a crescent shape. (You can see it along the bottom of the weapon.) To save on material the magazine has holes stamped in it and the cartridges are exposed.
These two features made for a weapon that had a reputation for not being able to fire a 20-round magazine without jamming. In other words, it was so unreliable that it was useless.

That's why the Chauchat is a "useless item" in FoT. Historically this weapon saw rather widespread use, however, being used not only by the French, but also the US (who had two versions, one in 8mm Lebel, and the other in .30-06), and the Greek army still had it in service when they were invaded by Italy in 1940, although they called it the "Gladiator". There were also about a dozen other nations that used it.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

hehe...expect a full answer and then some when its about history and guns with some people on this forum. :wink:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Slider wrote:hehe...expect a full answer and then some when its about history and guns with some people on this forum. :wink:
::tries really hard to look innocent::

Who, me? :mrgreen:

(BTW, my fingers hate me for this sort of thing...)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Demis
SDF!
SDF!

Re: useless stuff

Post by Demis »

Phoenix wrote:Post all the stupid stuff in fallout tactics like Charisma! What the hell is that good for in tactics?
Just to get Divine Favour is enough :D
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
Buckminster Fuller
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Fruit. In all the Fallouts. Who would need 5hp to be replenished?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

with the ''way of the fruits'' perk, fruit is of far greater use than just for healing minor wound.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Wolf401
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Wolf401 »

Lynxer wrote:with the ''way of the fruits'' perk, fruit is of far greater use than just for healing minor wound.
Indeed , it can increase your main stats for a long while after you eat 5 the sixth is wasted
" Death is the Khan way of telling you not be such a smartass "
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

What good does Divine Favor and The Way of the Fruit give you?
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Divine Favour give +1 to your highest stat and reduces your perk level by 1 so that as a human you get a perk every other level. If you get it with a dog, he will get a perk every level. As for Way of the Fruit, I have no idea. Never used fruit, I prefered Stinky Meat Platter :wink:
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

what happens if you "overdose" on booze, rotgut, or any of those alcoholic equivalents? apart from perception loss i mean

i heard you gained experience for quaffing alkie
Dirty
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dirty »

charisma is completely useless in multiplayer games.

but i have found ring pulls to be of use when gambling with people outside of the bunkers. but thats it.
SHAZAM!!!!!