GameSpy readers are still idiots.

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Finch
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Finch »

You guys really are nothing but a load of complainers, are you?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I enjoyed FOT when I didn't think of it as a connection to Fallout. The only thing that really pissed me off was how dead robots were solid objects after the patch. The last half of the game was rendered unplayable.

Combat was ok. Nothing to write home about. The rest was either mediocre to kinda crappy. The best thing about it was the graphics.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: Agreement

Post by Franz Schubert »

4too wrote:The corporate "party line" perpetuates "The Big Lie'' of the 'back stab' by ungrateful seekers of FO3. It's the type of vaporous damage control that guarantees more bad, low sales products.
Well honestly what do you expect? In their eyes, it's "us vs. them". I think it must suck to be any type of corporation, and view your clients as your enemies.
4too wrote:It does not address the real problem of 'kiss of death' manipulation by market bean wranglers
What the...?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Finch wrote:You guys really are nothing but a load of complainers, are you?
Get out.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Fuck you. Sure, I complain like a 70-year-old man, but I do a lot of shit too. I don't just spectate and go, "this sucks here's why lol."
Franz_Schubert wrote:4too wrote:
It does not address the real problem of 'kiss of death' manipulation by market bean wranglers

What the...?
That's 4too for you, heh.
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

Mad Max RW wrote:I enjoyed FOT when I didn't think of it as a connection to Fallout. The only thing that really pissed me off was how dead robots were solid objects after the patch. The last half of the game was rendered unplayable.

Combat was ok. Nothing to write home about. The rest was either mediocre to kinda crappy. The best thing about it was the graphics.
Amen, but at least FoT wont be as worse as FO:PoS.
PipBoy2k
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by PipBoy2k »

I dunno if the Gamespy dude is doing it consciously, but regardless, Interplay people have very good spin control and psychological tactics, such that even Gamespy dude says what they want him to say whether he knows it or not, and it may be enough to warp many fragile innocent minds.

Interplay may not have any common sense, and may be evil evil people, BUT
they know how to manipulate their new target audience, however imaginary the audience may be and however damaging it could be for the future.

What I mean is, consider:
clearly PoS is intended for testosterone raged youths. not only that, but DUMB testosterone raged youths. I don't need to elaborate further as Interplay will provide the evidence to incriminate themselves.

Now, look at this Gamespy post. He manipulates his audience, casting the corporation as the victim, seeking sympathy from his audience in a kind of moral appeal. People so easily affected by this crap clearly 1] r dumasses or young 2] don't know the whole story. Whoever could these people be??

Interplay's new audience, young teenagers who r also dumb, will fall easily for this reasoning: that Fallout fans are a bunch of stuck up pricks, that Fallout fans did a terrible thing to Interplay in the past (a past which these dumasses will not know of), that here is Interplay trying to bring us a wonderful new game, to get fukin testosterone raged excited about, and these snivelling fans are ruining it for everyone. How dare they?

..And so it begins. Radiating hatred and angst and energy, mindlessly spent by those who know no better. Polar alignment of us vs them divided between old skool and dumass. Between those who were there and those who are merely impressionable.

This is all assuming, of course, that interplay's new savior audience really does exist. Young teenagers who r also, very dumb.

it's too bad. I weep for the future
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

....market bean wranglers......

Add water, stir, microwave, pour in toilet, flush, and forget.

Market manipualting con men.......swashbuckling pirates,.., market'eers...
Accountants as 'bean counters'....... the soul brothers of market'eers..
Accountants can be as glib as lawyers and justify any feast or famine of funds and resources...
Wranglers...cowboys that drive a mass market demograsphic herd....
Some movie titles refer to exotic animal handlers as ...wranglers...

4too
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

4too wrote:Add water, stir, microwave, pour in toilet, flush, and forget.

Market manipualting con men.......swashbuckling pirates,.., market'eers...
Accountants as 'bean counters'....... the soul brothers of market'eers..
Accountants can be as glib as lawyers and justify any feast or famine of funds and resources...
Wranglers...cowboys that drive a mass market demograsphic herd....
Some movie titles refer to exotic animal handlers as ...wranglers...

4too
Oh I get it, you're one of those religious nuts.
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jeff »

You're nothing but a troll, and not even a good one.
HA! Good fun!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

FO:T was fun for the first few fights, but then when you get to attack the raiders or w/e with the tank or jeep I don't remember it gets fuckin boring. The fights last like an hour. God, like I have an hour to spend moving around dumbasses just to get to the boss who'll talk to you so you have somekind of an RPG feeling.

Wow the more I think about this game the more I think it was god damn crap. Everything is superficial : shiny graphics, LOTS of useless guns, useless races like dogs and ghouls in multiplayer.

omfg how did they come up with 89% for this game, I'd give it 30-40.
It was just a big fat disappointment.

And to whoever said we were a bunch of complainers, well fuck you, you are stupid and you're the kind of people companies like Interplay or Microsoft makes money of.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I wasn't a "harcor FO fan" when I got FOT, and I still hated it. Not because the deathclaws had fur, and it fucked up the continuity of the series, but because it was shit.
fuck
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Gamespy just feels they need to do something to counter balance the backlash against that game, which is why they give it ridiculous ratings like 89%
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I can't wait to see Gamespy's review of FOBOS
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

s4ur0n27 wrote:I can't wait to see Gamespy's review of FOBOS
Expect to see "signature Fallout series gritty, adult humor" and "remains true to its heritage while bringing it to a new audience", etc. The fucking sad part is that those two quotes will be in their review, albeit maybe changed a bit.
fuck