Freedom Fighters Ships

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

I beat this game awhile ago. The only things that pissed me off was the fact how short it was, you never really actually did get to use 12 men(I never did atleast) and the lack of weapons.

The opening level was excellent, and really set the mood imo. But where the hell was the US Army? The rest of the game was fairly fun as well, but unless there is mod support for the PC version I wouldn't buy it at 50$, as you can beat it in a few days.
Soldier87

Post by Soldier87 »

Try uping the difficulty level now.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Soldier87 wrote:Try uping the difficulty level now.
Yeah, I planned to before I stopped playing 'cause I had to return it. I'm also sure theres a whole slew of things I missed since I didn't get a manual(was rented).
Soldier87

Post by Soldier87 »

How short is the game? how many missions are there? The last level is kind of hard, i couldnt get the c4. Damn, im going to try again, but for some reason, i cant aim anymore, when i press the aim button, it locks on the first place i aimed on, and everyonce in a while it restarts my pc or just freezes it up. WTF!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I finished Freedom Fighters some time ago and it really didn't take long. I finished it in two nights, something less than 8 hours with REBEL-difficulty level. The game is otherwise awesome - great battles, nice propaganda, superb atmosphere... Everything's smooth like beaver butt, except that it ends so soon. I would've expected a game to last more than two gaming sessions.

I didn't really find the inability to hit anything so bad on REBEL-difficulty, where you're able to take quite many hits before dying ie. it doesn't matter that firefights take so long. But when I tried the toughest difficulty, it felt like I were shooting blanks while enemy hits me with the first shot in the head.

Because of the consol background, you can't save just before starting to sneak behind an enemy so it's frustrating to go half the level again when you're spotted. On higher difficulty setting this is really annoying because guards also notice you much easier.

But like I said, otherwise the game was sweet and it's at least worth trying if not buying.