"A Boy and His Dog" Out on DVD

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

"A Boy and His Dog" Out on DVD

Post by OnTheBounce »

<strong>[ -> Review]</strong>

The post-apocalyptic cult-classic <i>A Boy and His Dog</i> was released on DVD this week!
<br>
<br>The 1975 film stars Don Johnson and Jason Robards and was directed by L. Q. Jones. It deals with a young man roaming a post-nuclear wasteland in search of food and sex while accompanied by a dog that he can telepathically communicate with. (The dog is also apparently smarter than he is, so this might just be the perfect role for the then-unknown Don Johnson...)
<br>
<br>As an added bonus <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... zon.com</a> is offering <i>A Boy and His Dog</i> in a "Better Together" package with the 1973 Eco-Shocker <i>Soylent Green</i>!
<br>
<br>Spotted on <a href="http://www.imdb.com/" target="_blank">imdb.com</a>.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I couldn't see anything about picture / sound enhancements... or special features... but if the DVD had 'em, I'd definitely consider nabbing it
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Both of those sound like a good addition to any DVD collection.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Damn, I'd forgotten all about that little gem! I'll have to add this to my must have list of DVDs now that Bunker Albion is finally joining the digital revolution and getting a DVD player for Xmas.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Crazy. I will seriously check that out. Thanks for the heads-up OTB.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Never heard of that movie, it's good then?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:I couldn't see anything about picture / sound enhancements... or special features... but if the DVD had 'em, I'd definitely consider nabbing it
That's always a risk w/this type of disc, isn't it? Sometimes you're delightfully surprised at the x-fer, like I was in the case of The Warriors. Other times...
Insane-Lark wrote:Both of those sound like a good addition to any DVD collection.
In my case getting them is going to have to wait until my current Hedy Lamarr kick has petered out, though. :oops: ("The most beautiful woman in film" they used to call her...and w/good reason.)
Viktor wrote:Damn, I'd forgotten all about that little gem! I'll have to add this to my must have list of DVDs now that Bunker Albion is finally joining the digital revolution and getting a DVD player for Xmas.
Um...you know, I might not be on broad band, but at least I've been in on digital video since back in the days when Laser Discs were the only game in town. :lol:
atoga wrote:Crazy. I will seriously check that out. Thanks for the heads-up OTB.
YW. I'll also be sure to post any other movies of this type I see coming out as well.
s4ur0n27 wrote:Never heard of that movie, it's good then?
I can't vouch for it since I've never seen it, nor have I read the book. I just noticed that it was coming out and I know that it's a PA cult classic. Soylent Green, on the other hand I've seen quite a few times, and if you haven't seen it, run -- don't walk -- out to wherever you rent/buy media and get it today. You need to see it if you're a FO fan. (If nothing else just so that the reference to it in The Hub makes sense.)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It's quite a good movie. The director (I forget who?) creates this brilliant sex-obsessed post-apoc atmosphere. It's quite vivid.

The only dumb part was the dog, which seemed to be able to talk and do a bunch of other dumb things. Ah well, still a good movie. PA fans gotta see it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
HanoverF
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HanoverF »

Its based on a short story by Harlan Ellison, its a pretty faithful adaptation.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

I shall be looking for it.