What a surprise

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
N
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by N »

...I think I'm gonna throw up.
Paladin Ã?ndo
SDF!
SDF!

shame

Post by Paladin Ã?ndo »

brothers, this is truley the working of some evil mutant mastermind. the wastes will seem barren this festive season... and perhaps an extra chill in the air. News such as this darkens the future, our struggle to ensure that mankind can enjoy a new era is now for nought.

All wastelanders are welcome to a memorial to be held at the entrance of the brotherhoods western Alpha camp, to be held at seventeen hundred hours.

firearms will of course not be tolerated.

Afterward the brotherhood intends to recruit new deputies with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing any interplay scum that may roam the shatterd landscape.
"sure, you point a 45 cal pistol at my head. i'll just blow your balls off with my Ruger"
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

I still say Interplay needs to have an exploding cow dropped on it.
It's just what needs to happen.
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Paul
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Paul »

This is very disappointing :(

Even though I've been out of the Fallout 'loop' for a long time, I was still looking forward to the possibility of a Fallout 3... now that doesn't look like it will happen :(

But, I'm sure DAC will live on! Fallout message boards are where I met some of my best friends. (Plus the site is what made me want to go into web development ;) As already mentioned in this thread, the Fallout community will still be around even without new games because the franchise has one of the best fan followings to date.
<a href="http://ww.no3rdw.com" target="_blank">no3rdw</a>
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Amen, brother.

Let's hope that we stay around for a hell of a long time.

Still, I think the whole thing was designed to garner attention for Fallout, but was really aimed at hyping FOBOS. Sad.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Interplay has been suffering a terminal disease for a good while now. FoBOS is not going to generate enough cash to save it & I duobt bankruptcy is far off. The closing of BIS & cancellation of Fo3 wasn't unexpected but it still makes me a sad. I want a CRPG, STALKER etc. isn't going to do it for me but I will keep my eyes open, follow the post apoc genre & keep hoping.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

No Fallout 3..........*sigh*

Oh well, maybe I can keep myself busy with some new FPS games......maybe.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

everyone grab a 30 day planetside trial, join my outfit and start team killing while everyone spams "DEATH TO INFIDELS, DEATH TO INTERPLAY"
bey.
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

pretty sad day for a return - anyway it wasn't really a surpise - now I wonder how long we must wait for IPLY to make it's last deathrattle.
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Jack_Deth wrote:All we can hope for Fallout is that Troika or some other legit RPG maker will pick up the license after IPLY realizes the suck.
Chanche of this taking place, very steep... And if it will happen we are still years of waiting for Fo3.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

iohkus wrote:everyone grab a 30 day planetside trial, join my outfit and start team killing while everyone spams "DEATH TO INFIDELS, DEATH TO INTERPLAY"

Yeah seriously, try Planetside ... without the TK bit :)
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas

Post by Guest »

<arming warheads>

Nuke those cocksuckers 'til they glow!!!

#sigh#

IPLY won't sell the rights to FO to Troika or anyone else.

Any other company would do that, but not IPLY.

Any other company would know that FO3 is a potential bestseller, and cancelling it is utter stupidity.

Any other company would respect BIS, as it is (or rather was) one of the best dev teams in this damn world.

Any other company would NEVER fuck up the most valuable setting they have the rights to, by releasing total SHIT like FO:BOS.

But IPLY is IPLY. "By dickheads, for dickheads" has become their motto.
Let's just forget about them, and let them die alone. With some post-apoc rpg's comming up, it's possible that FO series will get a succesor. It doesn't have to be called "Fallout". It just has to be good.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Slave you're such a traitor.

Iply is really a sinking boat, it's so obvious even Chuck left it....
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Slave you're such a traitor.
If by "traitor" you mean "person who is fucking sick of unoriginality in the game industry" I can only agree.

Somebody make a fucking Wild West RPG already. Preferably Troika, but they'll be pumping out DnD hackfests for Atari for the next five years. I'm willing to wait.
fuck
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

There was an "RPGish" wild west mod for the original Half-Life, if I remember correct. Well not exactly RPGish, but more like action packed adventure game. Can't come up with it's name though, it's lost in time...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

There was a wild west commando like game. Not quite RPG tho.

By traitor I meant you don't want a new FO.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Desperados.

It rocked.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

s4ur0n27 wrote:By traitor I meant you don't want a new FO.
Is that bad? Jesus fucking undead Christ on a pink tricycle, sometimes you people are just like Iplay/Bioware fanboys with their "OMG WHENS BG3 COMIN OUT???/"
fuck
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

im gonna be a big bad meanie :badgrin: !

if i can have fo3, then NOOOOO ONEEEEEEEEE will have it !!!!!! Interplay burn in hell and may the devil piss on u with his l337 penis of acid balls.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Ripper wrote:im gonna be a big bad meanie :badgrin: !

if i can have fo3, then NOOOOO ONEEEEEEEEE will have it !!!!!! Interplay burn in hell and may the devil piss on u with his l337 penis of acid balls.
Aside from your parents being ignorant of the proper use of contraceptives, there is no excuse for this stupidity.

Fallout 3 never stood a chance of seeing the light of day in the first place, so it boggles the mind why the lot of you twits are carrying on like somebody massacred your entire family. Even if it did come out, it would have been terrible, and everybody would be flinging shit at Interplay years after it officially bit the dust.

To conclude: SHUT THE FUCK UP!
fuck