Where is the "Fallout Wife?"

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DOOM Marine »

There's a 1.03?! On gamespy there was only 1.02. Could someone send me a link for 1.03? Thanks
"Ain't got time to bleed!"- Jesse Ventura in Predator
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I THINK there's a 1.03. :P

But patching the game to the lastest version always solved it for me, so I figured you've got to have the one before it. I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to check what my version is :P
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I think there's a 1.03 fan patch, but the official patch never got past 1.02d, or something like that.
Literacy is overated.
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DOOM Marine »

Ok, i downloaded the ONLY fallout 2 patch from gamespy. I noticed that my version number didn't change. I played anyway. I talked to her, clothes off, dark, NOTHING.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It could be a problem with your video card... Try borrowing one from a friend. Or lack of RAM. I'm not sure... or maybe God just doesn't want you to have pre-marital sex with her! :D
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DOOM Marine »

Funny. Anyway, I do have a kinda old video card, but thats compared to Sim City 4. I have 256 MB ram, but i'm pretty sure you dont need that much for a RPG.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

As I said I used to get that problem when I was running V 1.00 (or was it 1.01). Either way, I don't really know know how to fix your problem. Does it freeze at other black screen moments?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I'm not sure if the RAM is crucial, but I've noticed that to help lighten the loading times and avoid slow-downs in big battles, the main map etc. 512 RAM works pretty well.

But if it won't work, then it won't work. Not that there was much of a use of those NPCs in the first place, annoying little bastards.
Raksha
Respected
Respected

Post by Raksha »

You can run it on 162 ram as well. It's slow and occasionally lags, but on the bright side, I just have time to make coffee while the main map loads, especially if I have been playing for a couple of hours. :)
<i>Spelling and grammar are to the internet world as tooth-brushing and hair-washing are
to the real world. No matter how nice of a person you are, people are still going to
form a bad opinion of you based on your outward presentation and hygiene.</i>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I used to run Fo2 on a P2 233. No idea how much ram, but it used to take about 10 minutes to load a save game. Incentive not to die :P
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Stainless wrote:I used to run Fo2 on a P2 233. No idea how much ram, but it used to take about 10 minutes to load a save game. Incentive not to die :P
Damn! I'm running it on a 1GHz Athlon, and it takes about 5 seconds to load. Needless to say, I die a lot. :)
Raksha
Respected
Respected

Post by Raksha »

Stainless wrote:I used to run Fo2 on a P2 233. No idea how much ram, but it used to take about 10 minutes to load a save game. Incentive not to die :P
Much less than 162 ;)

I have a 233-processor, and loading a saved game takes at most six minutse (Yes, I've timed it. I was bored.)
<i>Spelling and grammar are to the internet world as tooth-brushing and hair-washing are
to the real world. No matter how nice of a person you are, people are still going to
form a bad opinion of you based on your outward presentation and hygiene.</i>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Be one of those things were I'd walk away from the computer. Make breakfast and come back, and it'd still be loading. It also provided incentive for me to upgrade.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

It's mostly related to processor, not RAM. Also make sure you get the patch, because that significantly helped loading times.

The thing that I love about FO2 is that with a 1.4 Centrino, I move across the map on foot at light speed. Doesn't do that in FO1 for some reason.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Doesn't do that with my copy of Fo2 either, for some reason.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

nor mine. Seems Franz got the one that was made while the devs were high or something...
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

This is odd. Let me clarify: On my old 700 Mhz piece of shit, with FO1 I move slow as shit across the map, and with FO2 I moved a bit faster. Now on my 1.4 Centrino, I still move slow with FO1, but I really zip across the map in FO2. How much faster do you guys move in FO2 than 1?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I move a tad faster in Fo2 then I do in Fo1, I always figured it was because of the game design deciding to make world map travel faster. I never really noticed anything different on the 3 different machines I've played it on.
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DOOM Marine »

So if it only takes 3 seconds to save then why doesn't my screen come back when I, have fun, with her?

I have version 1.02, there's no 1.03. I also have 700 MHZ and 256 MB of Ram and a 20 GB memory.