PROJECT PHOENIX SCREENSHOTS

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Looks like Steve finally played the screenshot card. Well, fine job, considering you're on your own, though I'd rather see an actual interface rather than a few simple textures and polygons which can't really give an impression of the game.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PerroViejo
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by PerroViejo »

atoga wrote:Looks like Steve finally played the screenshot card. Well, fine job, considering you're on your own, though I'd rather see an actual interface rather than a few simple textures and polygons which can't really give an impression of the game.
Funny you should mention the interface, see you actually are getting a peek at our prototype, that green fallout icon? Yup, it does stuff. A bit reminisent fo NWN, where it fans out into the different actions and submenus available to you.
Steve's little pet project, had me running around looking for other representative icons that would fit the style in order to convey a pictoral rather than verbal interface. Steve is going with the "less is more" credo of design.

I dunno, maybe if you guys get on him maybe he'll show it to you before he gives up any more art. Savvy?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Like they got on him about the screenshots? Yeah, it's only been 6 months... don't think getting on him about anything else would be very savvy. Steve would be more receptive of coddling, please lap it up like the sheep you are and he'll feed you more.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Well, in that case, a job well done Steve. I'm waiting for more stuff.

/me proceeds to coddle Steve up
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Killzig wrote:Yeah, it's only been 6 months...
Are you sure it was only 6 months? Feels like a lot longer, and I haven't even been aware of it since the start.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I thought he said 'Screenshots next week!' in April?

So long as the game arrives on time, no worries mate.
:chew:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

If you feel like being a jerk (like me), then the screenshots were originally due out in February. It's been around 11 months, give or take 3 years.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Good screens. I like the Atomic Gas one the best.

I guess we can't call Steve "Captain Vaporware" anymore...

...or CAN we?!

The MEESTARY Continues!

:p
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

looks pretty neato