Join The Army!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:stuff
Well... yeah. That's why I support thermonuclear war. It pretty much solves that, and every problem.

The primary problem is that it no longer requires physical or mental acuity to survive in the world. Therefore, retarded people who should not be alive (ergo they have no right to live, but that's another discussion) instead of dying like the good shits they are they procreate and procreate. Result: Fat stupid people overrunning the western world. It's easy to see how nuclear war would solve this -- war leads to anarchy, which leads to feudalism, which inevitably leads back to where we are now. But at least the world will be the way it should be for a few hundred years.
Last edited by Slave_Master on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Slave_Master wrote:Well... yeah. That's why I support thermonuclear war. It pretty much solves that, and every problem.

The primary problem is that it no longer requires physical or mental acuity to survive in the world. Therefore, retarded people who should not be alive (ergo they have no right to live, but that's another discussion) instead of dying like the good shits they are procreate and procreate. Result: Fat stupid people overrunning the western world. It's easy to see how nuclear war would solve this -- war leads to anarchy, which leads to feudalism, which inevitably leads back to where we are now. But at least the world will be the way it should be for a few hundred years.
survival of the fittest anyone?
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

It's worked since the start of time, I don't see why it should suddenly be abolished because it's not politcally correct.

I don't think there should be any censorship at all.

Also: There isn't much actual violence on the internet. Like you don't see many photos or videos of actual violence taking place, usually just whatever happens afterward or someone threatening to kill you through the internet?

meh. Overall I think you should take a test and get a parenting liscense. You need bits of paper to drive a car or own a gun, why not own a human?
:chew:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Megatron wrote:meh. Overall I think you should take a test and get a parenting liscense. You need bits of paper to drive a car or own a gun, why not own a human?
THe problem is that the questions would be pretty easy to answer. "DO YOU LET YOUR CHILD STAND IN YOUR LAP WHILE YOU ARE FUCKING DRIVING?" Everybody would mark "no" but some dipshits do it anyway. The best way is like I said, kill 98% of mankind, so that parents are forced to not be retarded.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Viktor wrote:I've tripped over another "millitary myth" then....
This is a pretty widespread one, Viktor. One of my Drill Sergeants told me that it was "againt the Geneva Convention" to shoot troops w/a .50 cal. The thing to do was to say that you'd been aiming at their helmet/weapon/what have you since then you were simply engaging enemy equipment/materiel.

I find it amusing that militaries have the equivalent of "urban myths". Then again, militaries are full of people, so it doesn't come as a surprise. :lol:
Viktor wrote:My parting shot is that no-one ever said that the Law has to make sense.
True enough. Just like the insistance on using non-expanding bullets for humane purposes can be counter-productive. Which of the following would you rather suffer?
  1. Struck in the torso by an expanding bullet which does severe damage to vital organs and death overtakes you nearly instantaneously.
  2. Struck in the torso by a non-expanding bullet which simply lances through you, but doesn't cause enough damage to vital organs to kill you so that you simply lie around and finally expire from internal bleeding having suffered extreme agony the entire time.
I think I now which one I'd rather have happen. Of course, when expanding/fragmenting bullets are used and strike in an extremity my choice of which bullet to be hit with would be reversed.

Personally, I'm of the mind that the rules of warfare are in serious need of overhaul. The political field has changed quite a lot since these treaties first came into effect, and quite a bit even in the wake of '49 when the last major revisions were made. We're no longer seeing nation states going into conventional war w/each other, but rather nation states fighting what might be termed "NGOs". This is a much different ballgame, and the rules should be changed to reflect it. The people that wrote these rules saw very little reason to protect any sort of non-conventional force, which is why they allowed themselves quite a bit of lattitude to deal w/them. (Ask the members of the Arab Revolt what protections the Geneva Convention gave them. They had no legal recourse against the Turks after the war, either.)

Of course, the problem w/all codes is that there will always be people that will try to wheedle out of them and conform only to the absolute minimum standard that the political climate will allow. These people are found on either side of any fence, too.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

If you needed a liscence to have children, the criteria for passing the test would differ in each state, and the whole thing would be useless.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

Slave_Master wrote:
I did it, uh...because you were black?

As far as the whole censorship thing goes, it's really up to the parents to decide what their kids see, as other people have said. In today's world it hard to be watching their kids 24/7, but if they feel so strongly about sexual/violent content, then they should homeschool their kids or something. Conversely, if a parent thinks his/her kids are mature enough to watch stuff like that, then good for them.

Likewise, if a parent wants to expose their kid to anything and everything, then it's their perogative to do so also. It would probably be a good idea to do that supervised of course, otherwise it's kind of negligent and not cool.
Yeah, but who decides what's negligent? The government does, so then you're back at square one -- sexual content is negligent, as is violent content.

okay, here's the conclusion i've come to about this whole video clip and censorship etc..

First off, i still think to have the clip accessible by the general public is wrong.

Reasons being, the ones i've already stated. ie: 3 people get killed in *plain sight, it is "real" violence, not acting not special effects(obviously), and i think that it is disturbing and traumatic to see 3 men of any nation get killed on camera, wether its for a legitimate reason or not.

this; plus being opposed to war makes me fairly liberal, fine, i agree. I dont think that makes me a moron, though you may not agree.

on the positive side of the clip, (i found it very hard to find anything positive about it) the guys in the chopper did their job, they had orders and carried them out. Can't argue with that.
The wounded guy, okay, on closer thought of the situation they were in, yeah a mercy killing, better to die straight away than to bleed for hours or days before you finally succumb.
The benefits of having this accesible by literally anyone with a pc and internet connection?, Shock value education possibly. otherwise i dont see it as having any other value.

I do understand there is an enormous cultural difference between myself and most of you, we are all from different countries after all.

those are my thoughts on it all. i hope this clears things up a bit. :)
btw my apologies for being scorpy earlier in the tread.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

avenger69ie wrote: Reasons being, the ones i've already stated. ie: 3 people get killed in *plain sight, it is "real" violence, not acting not special effects(obviously), and i think that it is disturbing and traumatic to see 3 men of any nation get killed on camera, wether its for a legitimate reason or not.
i guess im pretty desensitized to violence because the video didnt enact any feelings for me. i know its real violence but its just not as shocking as everyone seems to think?
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i've said all i have to say on this matter :)
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

avenger69ie wrote:First off, i still think to have the clip accessible by the general public is wrong.

Reasons being, the ones i've already stated. ie: 3 people get killed in *plain sight, it is "real" violence, not acting not special effects(obviously), and i think that it is disturbing and traumatic to see 3 men of any nation get killed on camera, wether its for a legitimate reason or not.
Disturbing and traumatic? Perhaps for a child to see it, and that has been covered. As have all the reasons against censorship. If the military is under intense public scrutiny, evil evil stuff is much less likely to happen.

this; plus being opposed to war makes me fairly liberal, fine, i agree. I dont think that makes me a moron, though you may not agree.
At the very least, it's certainly quite naive. Some would argue that being naive and being a moron go hand in hand, and I am inclined to agree.

The benefits of having this accesible by literally anyone with a pc and internet connection?, Shock value education possibly. otherwise i dont see it as having any other value.
This issue has already been more than adequately addressed.

MFG wrote:i guess im pretty desensitized to violence because the video didnt enact any feelings for me. i know its real violence but its just not as shocking as everyone seems to think?
I really could care less about the people who got killed. Thousands of people die every day, tough shit.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

Slave_Master wrote: Thousands of people die every day, tough shit.
Exactly.
Player Character wrote: Shit happens, people die. Usually when I'm around.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Slave_Master wrote:
MFG wrote:i guess im pretty desensitized to violence because the video didnt enact any feelings for me. i know its real violence but its just not as shocking as everyone seems to think?
I really could care less about the people who got killed. Thousands of people die every day, tough shit.
ah i agree.

to quote the old Punisher movie:

Berkowitz: ‘What the fuck do you call 125 murders in 5 years?’
The Punisher: ‘A work in progress.’
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:to quote the old Punisher movie:

Berkowitz: ‘What the fuck do you call 125 murders in 5 years?’
The Punisher: ‘A work in progress.’
I love that movie. Haha, where else do you find a black guy named 'Berkowitz'?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I really don't understand the whole desensitization to violence thing anyway. I would think (Yeah, this is my bullshit ignorant opinion, so smart people like Menno or OTB, tell me if I'm wrong)* that it would be nearly impossible to be desensitized with video clips and pictures -- especially ones like the video iohkus posted to begin with.

*Not sarcasm
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I don't think it's desensitization. Probably from when we're born we don't give a shit, but things like religion, political-correctness, what's acceptable etc. Just made some people pussys?

I think being on the internet a while does make (some) people care less (or accept) about pictures and videos though? Like I could post goatse and most of you would just scroll past it, while someone who hasn't touched a computer would stare and dwell on it and usually get excited. Mebbe.

Avenger's a pussy though ^-^
:chew:
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

Megatron wrote: Like I could post goatse and most of you would just scroll past it
I haven't seen goatse, but to my understanding it is a man being balled by a goat. That said, I wouldn't take the risk of scrolling past it, I'd have to press Ctrl+End and then scroll upwards until I reach the point just after the goatse.

Back on topic... Uh...

Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Canis Lupus wrote:
Megatron wrote: Like I could post goatse and most of you would just scroll past it
I haven't seen goatse, but to my understanding it is a man being balled by a goat. That said, I wouldn't take the risk of scrolling past it, I'd have to press Ctrl+End and then scroll upwards until I reach the point just after the goatse.

Back on topic... Uh...

Goatse is the, very much so, uncensored image of a man retracting his buttocks on etiher side to fully reveal his anal opening. You can also see his penis and scrotum hang down.

Word definitions:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goatse

Very ugly sight. I didnt get used to it, although I saw it alot of times when the Wasteland was still around. The same goes for tubgirl and all the other children of Lasse and Pyro.

Edit: Haha. Just read those definitions. Hes a hemafrodite? I didnt realize. Figures, I never really studied it up close for a longer time period.

Anyway, that gives the goatse concept a new whole new level. Yikes.. :shock:

"dude that thing made me go goatsevomit all over the cat."

Haha.

Hmm. Seems im getting of topic as well.
Last edited by Forty-six & Two on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

Forty-six & Two wrote: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goatse

Very ugly sight. I didnt get used to it, although I saw it alot of times when the Wasteland was still around. The same goes for tubgirl and all the other children of Lasse and Pyro.
Tubgirl? Lasse? Pyro?

Please elaborate to clear up my naïvity.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Canis Lupus wrote:
Forty-six & Two wrote: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goatse

Tubgirl? Lasse? Pyro?

Please elaborate to clear up my naïvity.
Lasse was the ancient name of Gimp Mask and Pyro the old name of Megatron.

The Wasteland was the "uncensored" part of DaC but was brought down a month ago or something.

You dont even want to know what Tubgirl is. If you really want to know though, you might get a private link from Gimp or Megatron though, if you ask nicely. One for Goatse as well, im sure.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

No no no, no links thank you. Just explanations.

Am I safe to assume that tubgirl is yet another affront to nature?