411Mania goes down on Fallout Enforcer, swallows twice

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i e-mailed the guy with this:
hey dude i red ur fallout reveiw and ur dead on dis game kicks ass!!!!1 if u need a reviewar for ur interwab site email me back i just got my xbox and lotsa games for it too k bye ^_^
wonder if i'll get the job...
bey.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

His range of games is incredibly limited.

And, I'd laugh, but I don't play RPGs generally, so having not played BG:DA I would mainly be laughing cause it's you, and I'm a fan of you.

Is that wrong?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

SeanDMan wrote:411 is my home page and I generally like Alex, and some of his reveiws have been spot on in the past...

But he blew it this time.
And swallowed.

Twice, apparently.

I'd make sure whatever he's shagging is with the protection of a condom*, as who the hell knows what he picked up from the game.

* - A F:POS press-release condom, for the F:POS fanboy he is.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
abnathapryde
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by abnathapryde »

Last edited by abnathapryde on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

abnathapryde wrote:I'd give you guys my take on the game, but it would be pointless. as I've seen you guys give praise to any review that gives the game a bad score and you vilify any review that actually liked the game. So I'm sure taking the time to tell you guys how I would compare it would be a waste of my time.
It would be a waste of time, you're correct. We already know you're wrong. In your post you imply without a hint of subtlety that you like bos, and that makes you a living piece of shit. Good game, go home.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

abnathapryde wrote:I'd give you guys my take on the game, but it would be pointless. as I've seen you guys give praise to any review that gives the game a bad score and you vilify any review that actually liked the game. So I'm sure taking the time to tell you guys how I would compare it would be a waste of my time.
Bullshit. I've yet to make a comment one way or the other about anybody's review. Quit dodging the point and answer the fucking question--how is it compared to any action title on this generation of systems.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, abnath, I'll do you one fucking better. I'm willing to go out and BUY Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel if you can come up with a realistic, factual review that manages to give it a better score than "mediocre rehash of BA: DA". And I'm not kidding. I want to hear straight from the horse's mouth what's good about this game, rather then a bunch of IPLY lap-dogs just being argumentative for the sake of arguing.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Neutral Corner ...

Post by 4too »

Neutral Corner...

... or home turf.

abnathapryde:
... I'd give you guys my take on the game, but it would be pointless. as I've seen you guys give praise to any review that gives the game a bad score and you vilify any review that actually liked the game. So I'm sure taking the time to tell you guys how I would compare it would be a waste of my time.
Reviewer, Thomas Wilde had the time to drop by DAC, here:
http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7448
and all opinions aside: all sides, tangents, and nuances of that thread, he was able to make "a point" while standing his ground.

I'm looking for testimony that there is a game in the box. Not just the witnessing of the true believers, and paid proselytizers.
RolePlayer at DAC served up this link:
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=35797
negative intent of the reference aside: I see people having fun, and others having a good healthy rant about FO:BOS, ... regardless of any opinions here or at the Interplay Forums.

When you have the time, do a review of any length.

Do it at the Interplay Forums,

and shoot the link here next time you drive by.

If the power of your opinion already exists, supply that link.

I infer from another thread that you have a competitive spark.

Blind us with brilliance. Burn us with a fiery rage or a whimsical wit.

Do it, or not do it, not for NMA or DAC, but for these guys:
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=35797

Or let silence be your last word, .... . this day.

There are always other days ...

4too
abnathapryde
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Neutral Corner ...

Post by abnathapryde »

Last edited by abnathapryde on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Fill it with lots of negative things and end with an unusually high score. That's what all the so called professionals do.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

No Mothers

Post by 4too »

No Mothers

Convey your core experience and it will still be standing, regardless.

Forums tend to be the lands of "the dozens", so to stay on the topic of pure gameplay in FO:BOS, no mothers, no fathers, very little reference to the Fallouts, particularly FO3. That Interplay "hostage" is "shelved" on a morgue slab.

After all the machiavellian maneuvers, Interplay has downsized to the console bone. It's corporate life depends on two games standing on their own, and making sales happen.

Interplay has chosen it's slippery slope, and it's descent relies upon the gameplay of FO:BOS and BG:DA2.

State the basis for the apocalyptic ambiance, if it worked for you. And leave the history, the mothers, the fathers, and the Fallouts for other discussions.

Another infamous "hostage' incident:
That worked back in the '70's for NL, AND a similar stunt has stopped working for Interplay.

The moment of truth, .. this day ..., depends on two BG:DA engined console games.

Tell the world how abnathapryde "did" FO:BOS.

4too
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

We all know aba's review will be positive.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

So Are We ALL

Post by 4too »

So Are We ALL

So are we all, ""positive"" in our respective time zones and, or head spaces.

It's at the social interface that "polarity" becomes an issue.

May not make an analogy to relativistic effects, your twin brothers may not physically age at disparate or 'desperate' rates.

But the calculus of wave theory includes the disparate effects of inductances and capacitances and blends it into a harmonic sum on all time axis's.

Whether one energizes a FO:BOS or vaporizes a FO:BOS depends on where one taps the line. Bang for the buck, or just a "big bang".

"Big bang", I trust, not to offend the creationists that hold one can beget somthin' out of nothin'.

I apologize for implying the elements of free will to any fundamentally predestined. Since I am not privy to the itinerary of Jesus, I'm just wing'ng it.

4too
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Its not so much the liking or disliking the game. I've had my share of both the people who've been burning it to the ground (hey, i was one :wink:), but it actually made no sense that, aside my posts, or even Roshambo's, that these people clutter the board with the same "U r teh cry-babies!!" tripe which doesn't really matter anymore, and to which i have no more patience for. Let people with more patience rant on both sides. If my health was more stable i'd hazard i'd still be there making sure the inept and morons would get some sort of flaming hell and facts rubbed into their muzzles, but honestly it's not worth it to me. The game blows, i'm not the only one there who thinks the same, and am not the only one to speak out against it (though i tended to be the more vocal). The game is failing on its own "merits"; my continuous presentation of why the game sucks and why 90% of their defenders are morons isn't needed. Both are facts :)

RP.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Can anyone fucking understand what 4Too ever types? It doesn't matter whether I read his messages when I'm sober or drunk - none of it makes any sense to me either of the time.

What the fuck, chuck?
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Exitium wrote:Can anyone fucking understand what 4Too ever types? It doesn't matter whether I read his messages when I'm sober or drunk - none of it makes any sense to me either of the time.

What the fuck, chuck?
That's because you can't read? I never have any problems with them. Just take your time and sit with a dictionary if nothing else works for you.
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

I do love 4too and his posts, one of the most intresting reads on DaC and NMA.
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

He's a prophet, man. Jim Morrison told it to me.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Aegeri
Regular
Regular

Post by Aegeri »

Exitium wrote:Can anyone fucking understand what 4Too ever types? It doesn't matter whether I read his messages when I'm sober or drunk - none of it makes any sense to me either of the time.

What the fuck, chuck?
He's great ;) Someone should write a translator though so people without a built in dictionary can understand him.
I have returned from my dark slumber....
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

What the fuck, chuck?
Go wind your penis on a bigger reel, you're stepping on it again. :P
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

What the fuck, chuck?
He just likes talking in a high falootin' cryptic fashion. Read over it again and give it a minute.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???