Silver Style Still Trying For Fallout 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

T-900 wrote:I am of the mind that Fallout 3 is better than no Fallout 3.
Possible crap that might finally kill the FO name > no crap that can furhter harm Fallout? Hmm....
If nothing, a new release of fallout would rekindle some interest from the masses of idiots out there.
Why would Fallout need attention from the masses of idiots? Your suggestion that it might rekindle their attention is strange, given these idiots never showed interest for Fallout, at all.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

T-900 wrote:I am of the mind that Fallout 3 is better than no Fallout 3.
I am of the mind that you're a moron. Why are so many people hell bent on seeing Fallout 3 made? You know it's just going to suck. I don't see why having a bad game is better than no game--that just doesn't make any sense. I was waiting for it too, but face facts: it just wouldn't be good.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Hertston
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Hertston »

s4ur0n27 wrote: I can't see how a new bad game could rekindle interrest in a license?

Neither can I, but what if it's new GOOD game ?

Even if you don't like SS's previous stuff, you've no idea how it (or The Fall) will turn out until you play it, or at least read a few reasonably unbiased reviews.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Hertston wrote:or at least read a few reasonably unbiased reviews.
Errr, looking at the reviews that FOBos got, I' d say there aren' t any unbiased ones around any longer. They all got locked up to die in a cellar at some develloping house we all know to well.

Ok, perhaps FO3 might come out as a good game, but I doubt it, for you' ll not only need the will to make it nor the rights to it, but you will need to know almost as much as Avalone, Cain and such who breathed live to it. If the game does not have the same feel, I' ll pass, thank you very much.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Hertston wrote:A perfectly valid point of view. A little selfish though (why should the folks who do wan't a Fallout 3 be deprived ? Nobody says you have to buy it).
I have no qualms about depriving "the people" the privilage of playing shit games. Especially when it's all for a higher cause (i.e. the production of good games).

tard wrote:Why do I prefer SoA to any of them ?
My guess would be you like shitty games.
tard wrote:1. I prefer the real time approach (a matter of taste, only). When it's done well (obviously I think SoA was, presumably you disagree)... I'll grant some attempts have been truly appalling.
And I"m sure (as a matter of taste, only) there are people who like their meals lightly doused with the pleasant flavoring of feces.

But for all involved, it's better if cooks just ignore these people.

SoA's combat was hardly tactical, it had as much tactics as command and conquer had strategy.
tard wrote:2. Huge maps that allow many tactical possibilities, approximating "real life" at times. That's limited in JA2 and non-existent in S2.
Tactical generally refers to small scale. If you want huge maps and you want RT, go play a RTS.
tard wrote:3. Vehicles to play with.
OMGF! vehilces!@!#@
4. Strong plot
Hah.
5. A full map and level editor, and MULTIPLAY. A human opponent always beats AI for entertainment.
Like I said, RTS are apprently what you're looking for.

OK, nobody ever produced new levels, and getting an MP game requires some organisation as Gamespy is a dead-zone.
*ahem* I rest my case. The game was so shit no one even bothered to make a few maps for it. And when mulitplayer = gamespy arcade, it's obviously something just tacked on so marketing can put a bullet on the box that gets nubskulls like you to buy it.
Hertston
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Hertston »

My guess would be you like shitty games.
My guess is that you never played SoA. And yeah, I really like wasting time and money on games I think are crap....
SoA's combat was hardly tactical, it had as much tactics as command and conquer had strategy
Complete BS. Now I'm sure you've never played it.
Tactical generally refers to small scale. If you want huge maps and you want RT, go play a RTS.
At least get a clue (or a dictionary). Only an idiot would deny SoA was a tactical level game, regardless of how good or otherwise they may think is.

I appreciate the term "flanking" is probably alien to you, but to execute tactics, you need room to manoevre, sometimes lots of room. Many S2 maps don't have room to swing a cat.

If you mean "RTS" games as in Starcraft or Age of Empires, I loath them.

*ahem* I rest my case. The game was so shit no one even bothered to make a few maps for it. And when mulitplayer = gamespy arcade, it's obviously something just tacked on so marketing can put a bullet on the box that gets nubskulls like you to buy it.
So why it did it score 80% plus across the board in reviews then ? The reason map-making and editing never took off is because sales were lousy; I've already said that. That had infinitely more to do with marketing (or lack of it) than the quality of the game. Gamespy is hardly my favourite browser, but it's by far the most widely used in the industry. Internal browsers (Blizzard excepted) are generally restricted to FPS games.

Anyway, I've had enough of arguing with a bunch of "nubskulls" with no taste and closed minds. I'll leave y'all to past Fallout glories and pop back to say whether The Fall (or Fallout 3) is any good, and to mercilessly take the piss if some of you are finally forced to admit it's worth a place on your hard-drive :lalala:

(shuts door on way out)
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

I don't think they should ever think about fallout 3, maybe a new apoc game but no more fallout, or do like blizzard make a wasteland2 and go back to fallout a few year later but it's already too late.

Fallout is maybe dead but so what, we should look into the future SoA was not bad at all after the patch, I got tons of fun before I run into technical problems. So i am expecting the fall to be even better and even more fun.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

Hertston wrote:I appreciate the term "flanking" is probably alien to you, but to execute tactics, you need room to manoevre, sometimes lots of room. Many S2 maps don't have room to swing a cat.
Funny, i always thought part of tactical combat was to form your strategy, to fit the environment in which you're forced to fight. Sounds like you demand a map that fits your particular playing style. What was that you said about close-mindedness?
Hertston wrote:Anyway, I've had enough of arguing with a bunch of "nubskulls" with no taste and closed minds.
Running away with your fingers in your ears, eh? How Carsten Strehse.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Hertston wrote:I appreciate the term "flanking" is probably alien to you, but to execute tactics, you need room to manoevre, sometimes lots of room. Many S2 maps don't have room to swing a cat.
Its kind of apparent you didn't play S2 all the way through then. :confused2: ...and since when do you need LOTS of room to flank? Maybe some people here DO need a dictionary. :eyebrow:

Cheers
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Hertston wrote:
Even if you don't like SS's previous stuff, you've no idea how it (or The Fall) will turn out until you play it, or at least read a few reasonably unbiased reviews.
No matter how hard they work on it, it wont ever be as good as Fallout was originally.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Hertston wrote:Even if you don't like SS's previous stuff, you've no idea how it (or The Fall) will turn out until you play it, or at least read a few reasonably unbiased reviews.
I can't put my finger on it right now, but people have just been saying this about some other game that was released recently. Can anyone remember what that was? That game where we saw all the movies and trailers and screenshots and heard all about it but apparently we still had to wait for the reviews to say it was crap. What was that game again?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Yeah LlamaGod is right.

People have a long history of fucking things up; I can’t blame them because it’s hard to make a sequel as good as the original but maybe it’s just best we let Fallout die and remember its glory instead of raping it corpse.

You know its 4 out of 5 chance of Fallout 3 being shitty and what’s the point in buying a shitty game just because it has the name Fallout 3 on?
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Herston wrote:So why it did it score 80% plus across the board in reviews then ?
It didn't scored 80% only.
Anyway, I've had enough of arguing with a bunch of "nubskulls" with no taste
Apparently, we're not the only ones with "bad taste", given SS's games also failed to impress many people.
and closed minds.

We're not the ones who are narrow-mindedly defending a company which still hasn't proven it could make a good game, let alone a good Fallout game; you are. You're the close-minded chimp who prefers to ignore that their previous outings are indicators of just how much Fallout could suck in their hands. If anything, SoA and Gorasul prove how much the Fallout license should move away from Silver Style.
(shuts door on way out)
Don't trip on your ego on your way out.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hertston wrote:So why it did it score 80% plus across the board in reviews then ?
If I remember well, FOPOS got at least one 80% review, eh?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Fo:BOS Has nothing to do with fallout. I refer to a real fallout game... even if it ain't great, as long as it's an isometric turn-based SPECIAL system RPG or as close to that as possible, i'll accept it as part of Fallout. As long as it doesn't continue the pink furred deathclaw trend.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

FOBOS is isometric, using SPECIAL and in the FO universe.

Anyway, what lets you think a FO3 from Cartsen's german SS army will be a real Fallout?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

DJ wrote:after Black Isle was "deflated".
Ha ha, that describes it perfectly.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

soa wasn't that good. I think Cannon Fodder was a better tactical game.

The Fall looks shit. I'll have to see more though, I haven't really been following it much. A good thing about it is npc schedules, but these should be in every rpg anyway.
:chew:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I enjoyed SoA for what it was. A game. I thought it had some pretty nifty things going for it, but that's just me. I don't see it on par with Incubation or UFO/X-COM however.

And finally because I've had my head in the sand for.....a while. What's Silent Storm? (+linkage would be nice)
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

OMG STAINLESS!! http://www.nival.com/eng/s2_info.html

Listen all of you...Silent Storm will REDEFINE how you think of tactical combat let alone turn-based games period. This game dethroned XCom as my all time fav tactical game. I have so many amazing experiences with this game, I'll have to share when I'm done.

No one who loves the genre should miss this...no one who's played it could poo-poo it with a straight face.

As a gamer and developer its just brilliant.

Sorry I went off about S2 again. :love:

Cheers