Asinine Thief 3 Comment

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Michael Jackson molested me too

speaking of Deus Ex btw:

http://www.darpa.mil/dso/solicitations/baa03-02mod2.htm
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Asinine Thief 3 Comment

Post by Jeff »

Steve Thief Anecdote wrote:"There I am, after dousing the single torch in a hallway where I hear voices behind a lone door, I sneak closer to eavesdrop on the converstation. Something about ale and a chest of gold by gruff sounding guards...and to my horror, they're done and decide to leave, and there I am stuck in the hallway with too far to run to get out of sight. I press as tightly as I can to the back wall (holding down the S key real hard ) to see the three guards walk right by me, inches from my face. Not only did they not catch me, but the last guard had a key I was able to gank at the last minute...that opened the chest they were just talking about containing gold and other booty"
heh, here's my experience:
"Why is this mine infested with zombies and what the fuck am I doing here killing them instead of stealing stuff? This isn't very interesting, much less enjoyable. The first few levels were very good but this is fucking bullshit. I reckon this game isn't all that good after all. /uninstall"
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Gimp Mask wrote:heh, here's my experience:
"Why is this mine infested with zombies and what the fuck am I doing here killing them instead of stealing stuff? This isn't very interesting, much less enjoyable. The first few levels were very good but this is fucking bullshit. I reckon this game isn't all that good after all. /uninstall"
LOL...rest assured, EVERYONE thought the zombies were flipp'in stupid. Thats up there with the last couple levels of HL on Xen...phenomenal begining but just TERRIBLE end game.

Thief 2 was much much better, though my recollection could be off, but there weren't any zombies, just the mechanist creations. Um, right? :)

Cheers
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jeff »

LOL...rest assured, EVERYONE thought the zombies were flipp'in stupid. Thats up there with the last couple levels of HL on Xen...phenomenal begining but just TERRIBLE end game.
True... I wonder how they managed to screw it up so bad. Xen was the reason why I never finished HL, just like I stopped playing Thief because of the zombies.
Thief 2 was much much better, though my recollection could be off, but there weren't any zombies, just the mechanist creations. Um, right? :)
Haha, yeah I heard of the mech monsters, and was afraid that T2 would have something as dreadful as the zombie dungeons of the first one so I never even tried it. Maybe I'll check it out now if I can find a copy!
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Definitely get Thief 2...I'm fairly certain people agree that when you think 'Thief', the sequel is the one you go to.

And yea, the mechanist creations are creepy as hell. Hard to define 'why' I felt that way, but they were definitely t3h w1n (as Killzig likes to say ALL THE TIME :) )
Foldy
Regular
Regular

Post by Foldy »

EvoG wrote:Definitely get Thief 2...I'm fairly certain people agree that when you think 'Thief', the sequel is the one you go to.

And yea, the mechanist creations are creepy as hell. Hard to define 'why' I felt that way, but they were definitely t3h w1n (as Killzig likes to say ALL THE TIME :) )
Actually, you'll find that at ttlg.com (the largest and, as far as I know, the only Looking Glass fan site around), people do prefer the original, and find that the zombie missions are killAr!

Anyway, I thought those mech robots were worse than the zombies, but I'd rather there be a minimum of those sorts of things in Deadly Shadows.

... but, y'know, Spector and crew are currently batting a thousand, so I expect the worst.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Bah, the zombies blew.

Yea they're the only fans left...and you say they prefer the original huh? Well there you go...I personally loved the machines.

I mean come on, "Deadly Shadows" says it all...Garrett is a ninja assassin mo'fo now...oh yea and he can steal stuff too.

Lame :(

Cheers