Silver Style Still Trying For Fallout 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Slaughter wrote:In Norway, English is like our second language. You can strike a conversation with more or less any Norwegian in English. Point is that we rarely ask you "How is you?".
Thats good to know :)
And if Carsten is as uptaken of making a good Fallout 3 as he says (and I believe he is), he would probably have a US part of his team (ex. BIS people for instance) do the dialogue. He understands his limitations language wise, and have admitted as much.
I didn't said otherwise. In fact i'm sure he learned with the Gorasul translation ("Attack! The enemies are slamming from the rear!", which is right up there with "The trucks have started to move", and reeks of badly translated hentai). I was only pointing out that Killizig was talking of translation quality, not saying that the game would be bad because it was being developed by an European team.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Slaughter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Slaughter »

Role-Player wrote:I didn't said otherwise. In fact i'm sure he learned with the Gorasul translation ("Attack! The enemies are slamming from the rear!", which is right up there with "The trucks have started to move", and reeks of badly translated hentai). I was only pointing out that Killizig was talking of translation quality, not saying that the game would be bad because it was being developed by an European team.
Okay, guess I should have read more thorough then :). But my point was meant more general anyway. Quite a few non US development teams either have a good grasp on English, or understand their limits. So I think that bad translations are usually the publishers fault, as they normally translate (to my knowledge).
Greetings from Olav (Staff at http://www.strategycore.co.uk , Slaughter)
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Agreed

:joy:

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder, Franz :joy:
Last edited by Role-Player on Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

No, no, it's:

Agreed
:joy: