That Was A Quick Run

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

That Was A Quick Run

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><P><B>Carsten</B> <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.silver-style.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1753" TARGET="_blank">pointed out</A><!-- BBCode End --> that <B>Damien Foletto</B> is ending his brief stint at <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.silver-style.com/" TARGET="_blank">Silver Style</A><!-- BBCode End --> and moving on to EA where he’ll be working on another in a long line of ridiculous Lord of the Rings games.</P><blockquote><em>Sad day for Silver Style... Damien told me that he will accept an offer from Electronic Arts. He will work on their upcoming Lord of the Rings RTS.
<br>
<br>It was a pleasure to work with Damien. We totally understand this decision, because working on a LOR product is a chance that may come only once a live time. Congrats to EA, they get a really great designer and a fine guy as a colleague.
<br>
<br>You don't need to worry about TF. We were prepared that something like that can happen and Damien worked very fast and was always on time with his tasks. So we don't get a serious problem regarding our working plans.</em></blockquote></body></html>
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

We should refer all of The Fall's press releases to the nice people over at <a href="http://www.engrish.com" target=_blank>Engrish</a>.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Tayl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tayl »

Meh. Wonder if that means Jeff is gonna be gone soon, too?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Tayl wrote:Meh. Wonder if that means Jeff is gonna be gone soon, too?
Jeff? The janitor? Nah, there's a lot of cleaning to do at the SSE offices, especially in the boardroom after their self-congratulatory meetings.
fuck
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Like anyone's actually worried with TF.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Like anyone's actually worried with TF.
FUCK. You beat me to this one.

Oh and between you and me, finding work on a LotR project today is like finding fish in the ocean...hell I bumped into one just the other day. *shrugs* But good for him...better than...well you know.

Agreed?
:joy:

Cheers
Bobbin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bobbin »

Come on guys, you're one league. Carsten may exaggerate sometimes but then again you fake polls.

Damien leaving was pretty predictable. Just a matter of time that he got an offer from a company near him - who would stay at a studio a few thousand miles away? But then again he got a job for the two months between IPLY and EA and I think Carsten reacted very fair.

Btw, I care about The Fall and I'm happy you're advertising it so heavily on your frontpage and by opening all these threads. It's not like a potential buyer will care about your opinions but he will see the game all over the site ;) Oh no, I revise that, all the lemmings on this thread are already pretty much drawn to the admins opinions - always respect the authorities!
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Quit plucking stuff out of your ass Bobbin, i know its "your thing", but its really starting to stink.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Bobbin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bobbin »

Grimnar wrote:Quit plucking stuff out of your ass Bobbin, i know its "your thing", but its really starting to stink.
The conformity among this board is really stinking.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Monkey see, monkey doodoo.

It's just like any other forum out there, so what are you complaining about?
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Bobbin wrote:The conformity among this board is really stinking.
You mean people with similar opinions would post on the same message board? Well I never!
fuck
Hertston
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Hertston »

EvoG wrote:Oh and between you and me, finding work on a LotR project today is like finding fish in the ocean...hell I bumped into one just the other day
Much the same as online fantasy RPGs then ? :eyebrow: Although I have to admit UXO does look a cut above the others. That said, that isn't difficult.

Pretty funny he got a job with EA though, of all places. Maybe you'll get lucky and have a chance to work together on the next in a "long line of ridiculous Lord of the Rings games" :hahano:

Bobbin wrote: The conformity among this board is really stinking.
Oh, I don't know. Makes it so much easier to mix things up a bit. A lot of it is just "lemming" syndrome, as you say but the people who actually have their own opinions are quite fun to debate with.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Hertston wrote:Oh, I don't know. Makes it so much easier to mix things up a bit. A lot of it is just "lemming" syndrome, as you say but the people who actually have their own opinions are quite fun to debate with.
OH NOEZ, the red herring failed. Try to debate next time, chuckleface.
fuck
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Bobbin wrote:Oh no, I revise that, all the lemmings on this thread are already pretty much drawn to the admins opinions - always respect the authorities!
I find it amusing that you refer to DAC'ers as lemmings. Just take a gander at the General Discussion forum and you'll see a wide variety of opinions and viewpoints.

In any case, the real reason why most DAC'ers aren't excited about 'The Fall' is that it isn't all that special. And yes, I'm one of those catergorized as a "casual gamer" that most of these developers and publishers gear their games towards. The basic fact of the matter is your competing in a segment of the market that you have no chance of succeeding in. Do you honestly think 'The Fall' has much of a chance when more popular mainstream games like FF, Fable, and Bioware's games garner most of the attention from the mainstream gaming press? Put a screenshot of 'The Fall' next to those of Fable and take a guess what the "casual" gamer is going to choose?

The fact of the matter is that these people you're ridiculing as "lemmings" should be the audience YOU are conforming to. These are the people who don't buy stuff just because IGN spoon-feeds them opinions of a game. These are the people you should be gearing your game towards [and listening to their opinions] because THEY are your potential consumers. Casual gamers won't care two shits about 'The Fall'. And it appears "hardcore" gamers don't either. Perhaps the developers of 'The Fall' need to re-look into just who their market is going to be?
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Ozrat wrote:Monkey see, monkey doodoo.

It's just like any other forum out there, so what are you complaining about?
One minute later:
Slave_Master wrote:
Bobbin wrote:The conformity among this board is really stinking.
You mean people with similar opinions would post on the same message board? Well I never!
Hey S_M, is it just me, or do we have a knack of posting basically the same thing right around the same time in various threads here at DaC? Brutha 4 lief!
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

OMg the legend of Damien Foletto with his excellent work on TEH FALL, finds a new job which actually makes sense. Meanwhile Cartsen and Co. try to find anyone involed in FO3 to come to TEH FALL team. Next the Janitor or TEH desk lady?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

These SSE SDFs are HA! GOOD FUN! worthy, DAC IS TEH EVIL EMPIRE */cues imperial march. SAINT I AM YOUR FATHER.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

LOL
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Well if we are indeed lemmings, at least we know when to give up all hope and run off a cliff instead of sitting around waiting for *The FALL* :giggle:
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Puuk already left? HA! I say, HA! Can there still be any doubt whatsoever he was only cashing in paychecks in order to pimp out The Fall?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex