Molson Bud

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Molson Bud

Post by Ozrat »

There's never been a better time to be Canadian! :peace: :pelvic_thrust: :bong:

Pot Bust Baffles Cops
The former Molson brewery in Barrie, Ont., plainly visible from Highway 400, one of the province's busiest commuter routes, was raided on the weekend by some 100 city and provincial police officers acting on a tip. Inside, police found marijuana with what they said had an estimated street value of $30 million, along with a grow operation of staggering proportions - the largest and most sophisticated in modern Canadian history.

"This is not a ma-and-pa operation," Barrie police Chief Wayne Frechette wryly told a news conference in this central Ontario city an hour's drive north of Toronto.

Across a 5,400-square metre complex the size of a football field, police found more than 25,000 pot plants growing everywhere - even inside the cavernous indoor vats once used to brew beer.
Ont. Molson brewery site of major pot bust
Over 100 police officers moved on the operation shortly after midnight Friday.

The building is 125,000 square feet and three stories high. Police won't say how much of the plant the operation covers, but they will say it's massive.
Barrie pot haul called biggest ever found
"This particular marijuana factory is the most sophisticated found in Canada, using 60,000 square feet. It took two days to clear the building, and it will take weeks to dismantle it," Collins said.

The plant was staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, police speculate. One portion of the facility had been converted to a dormitory, complete with beds, microwave ovens, refrigerators and televisions.

An estimated $30 million in marijuana plants was found, plus a variety of equipment, likely worth millions of dollars as well. More than 1,000 hydroponic lights were used to provide artificial illumination.

There was a significant amount of specialized electrical apparatus installed, too. Three or four crops a year could be harvested from the operation, Collins said, yielding an estimated $100 million in annual revenues.
Here's a link that lists several pictures from the Molson plant and lots more news articles that you can read about the subject.

This was pretty big news where I live as Barrie isn't too far away. I don't think that this news made it very far into the US or even Europe for that matter, so I thought some of you would be interested about this subject.

More pictures...

Now let us all celebrate with a footstomping singing of the Canadian National Anthem!

Oh, Cana... uhh... :confused2:

I've posted this elsewhere as well, but I'm sure most of you haven't seen this yet and since cannabis is being mentioned in other threads why not post this here as well?
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Woooah. Do you think there would be room for me and my sleeping bag in that weed farm? Im considering moving in there for the winter.. theres nice and hot right? My window suck anyway, im cold at night and get sick.
Myrrdin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Myrrdin »

Hasn't this already been posted here, or was that at NMA?

Anyway, it's a funny story. Somehow gets me thinking about "Saving Grace" if someone saw it. Some brit flick about an old lady who starts a large "herb operation" in her greenhouse when her husband dies, leaving her neck-deep in debt. They could have done the same to the crops as they did in that movie too. Just burn it in a big pile and let the smoke spread. :lalala:
Organized religion is the first thing that will be put up against the wall and shot when the revolution comes.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Myrrdin wrote:Hasn't this already been posted here, or was that at NMA?
I know I posted it at NMA and Asshelmets. Maybe even RPGCodex. That's what I added in the fine print at the end of my first post.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Myrrdin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Myrrdin »

Ozrat wrote:I know I posted it at NMA and Asshelmets. Maybe even RPGCodex. That's what I added in the fine print at the end of my first post.
Oh, sorry mate, missed that. Just skimmed it over
Organized religion is the first thing that will be put up against the wall and shot when the revolution comes.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

pot laws are fucking stupid

if pot was legalized and taxed canadians would never have to pay property tax or something ever again

fucking laws, fucking right wing sheltered nut fuckers. fuck you george bush.
bey.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Ozrat wrote:
Myrrdin wrote:Hasn't this already been posted here, or was that at NMA?
I know I posted it at NMA and Asshelmets. Maybe even RPGCodex. That's what I added in the fine print at the end of my first post.
why the fuck did you post it all over?
find it amusing do you?
small things amuse small minds.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Too bad weed sucks.
Harriers for the cup.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Never understood why marijauna was illegal anyway. Can't convince me it's worse than alcohol.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

axelgreese wrote:Never understood why marijauna was illegal anyway. Can't convince me it's worse than alcohol.
maybe its because 1 joint can fuck someone up but one beer usually cant?
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:maybe its because 1 joint can fuck someone up but one beer usually cant?
Well 1 beer means you're legally drunk. (at least here in kansas, Blood alcohol level for legal drunkenness is like 0.08 iirc. Don't know about the other states/countries.)

And i was referring more to freaquent use really.
Maximus
Regular
Regular

Post by Maximus »

What are you three feet tall?! You don't get a BAC of 0.08% from one beer.
KrokGloken
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by KrokGloken »

It's dependent on height, fat, and what's in your stomach at the time.

It's at .08 BAC over here in Texas too, it sucks.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

its .08 in ontario and people are trying to get it lowered to .05
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think Clinton made it 0.08 BAC nationwide back whenever he was president. I could be wrong though.
Harriers for the cup.
KrokGloken
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by KrokGloken »

Most states are .08, a few are .10.
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

,05 where i come from gives ticket. 1,5 gives jail even if no accident.
Carpe jugulum.
Jeff
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jeff »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:
axelgreese wrote:Never understood why marijauna was illegal anyway. Can't convince me it's worse than alcohol.
maybe its because 1 joint can fuck someone up but one beer usually cant?
1 joint gets you high, but 1 beer doesn't get you drunk, so your comparison pretty much sucks. Let's use a bottle of vodka instead: it can certainly fuck you up and if you're light weight, it could kill you.

:pelvic_thrust2:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, listen to that guy.
You could also compare smoking one joint and smoking one cigarette - tobacco happens to be much more harmful and has long-time effects as well.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I've heard 1 joint was the equivalent of 10 cigs. I don't care tho, cigs taste like shit and smell bad, a joint smells good and tastes good.