The Gooks Are At It Again

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Would You Buy Mercenaries?

Yes - Lucasarts always produces the best games as long as they aren't Star Wars
11%
No - They canceled Sam and Max 2 for this?
89%
Yes and No - I'm a fucktard and can't think for myself, so I let the game media make my choices
No votes

Total votes: 19

Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

The Gooks Are At It Again

Post by Menno »

Lucasarts sent me an email showcasing their new game "MERCENARIES". It's about some china-man general who gets whacky ideas to stage a coup, gun-toting negroes, and an "OMG INTERNATIONAL FARCE" [hmm, all this sounds familiar] and...oh hell, I'll just let them describe it.

From their site

Availability: Fall 2004
Genre: Action
Platform: XBox, PlayStation 2
ESRB: Rating Pending

Mercenaries is a revolutionary, 3rd person action-shooter game set in the near future and inspired by real world events. On the eve of a historic reunification of North and South Korea, a ruthless general stages a military coup to take control of North Korea and threatens the world with nuclear war. The international community launches a global task force to stabilize the region. However, when diplomatic efforts collapse and the region descends into anarchy they announce a one hundred million dollar bounty on the North Korean general and his top military and scientific advisors. The targets are identified in a “most wanted� list in the form of a 52-card deck of playing cards. As one of the top operatives for a private mercenaries company called Executive Operations, you have been called in to collect on these bounties.

-Massive, open environments that are completely interactive. If you can see it, you can use it, steal it, drive it, fly it, or blow it up.

-Explosive combat - you have the firepower (choose from a huge arsenal of realistic, military weapons) to lay waste to anything in sight.

-Flexible gameplay - Use your weapons and your imagination to figure out how to complete missions in a variety of ways in non-scripted environments.

-Dozens of different military and civilian vehicles, ranging from tanks, cars, trucks, helicopters, and more that can be commandeered at anytime and used for any purpose.

-Some of the best graphics seen on the consoles - great weather and realistic explosion/destruction effects.

-Based on the US military’s system of identifying a “most wanted� list of enemy targets in a playing card deck, players will use the playing card metaphor to identify missions and enemy targets. Take on missions from the different factions in order to gain intelligence and get new playing cards/targets and access to new areas.

-Reputation system that is driven by an embedded journalist that records player actions, which determines how civilians and the various warring factions respond to the player.

-Earn cash from different missions to buy better weapons and vehicles, or sell your vehicles and weapons on the black market.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found it funny that they're taunting the "Playing card deck" theme [from Iraq] as a feature of the game; like the average player is really going to give a shit. I'LL TRADE U HUSSEIN FOR KIM JONG II

Plus the game will have an embedded journalist, who'll lie and trump up atrocities. AWESOME CAN'T WAIT ITS LIKE BEING IN THE MILITARY ALL OVER AGAIN

It also has "great weather effects", which is a must for every game I buy [sarcasm].
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Oh, since I know how you console kiddies are all about the graphics, here's a screenshot of some idiots being blown away.

CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

That looks worse then Half-Life did.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Oh, it looks like a keeper alright... keep in the sewer with the rest of the shit.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It looks like they're hugging each other or something.
Harriers for the cup.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

He is being lifted to safety by the terrorist fairy.

I really hope that video games take a turn back into good story and less graphics...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

This sucks. Operation Flashpoint looks better on my 333 Mhz Celeron. If this game is supposedly all about graphics, then I sure as hell ain't buying it.
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Looks like those two soldiers were sneaking in some quicky sodomy when they got blown to shit.

Don't tell me they make games where you go around killing gays now?
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Lucasarts should keep to SW, S&M and Full Throttle.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

I'd make a comment on the game, but once again I'm boggled by the racism of people on this forum.

Is the great majority of people here in the KKK or the Arian Nation or something?
Will
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Will »

Nah, I think most people here just like to use racist language to provoke, or show their disdain for political correctness, or something like that. Ya stupid spic greaser. :finger:
"Dressed in their uniforms so fine
They drank and killed to pass the time
Wearing the shame of all their crimes
With measured steps they walked in line"

Joy Division "They Walked In Line
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

stfu nig-nog or I'll have to BASH YER!

I think the game looks pretty good, very Y2K!
:chew:
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

The screenshot looks like DF:BHD played on a really shite PC.

"The international community launches a global task force to stabilize the region. "

Last time that worked was WW2.

"-Explosive combat - you have the firepower (choose from a huge arsenal of realistic, military weapons) to lay waste to anything in sight."

You obviously don't get the chance to play as the British Army then....
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

BlackDog wrote:I'd make a comment on the game, but once again I'm boggled by the racism of people on this forum.
Hahahaha he has enimnem as an av oh the irony...

:evil_laugh:
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Its funny how everyone thinks that thats Eminem, seriousily.
Harriers for the cup.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

isnt it the toecutters man-bitch? or some other geezah from mad max?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Jews.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

>> I'm boggled by the racism of people on this forum. <<

Well no shit.
Can I call you Mr. Obvious now :)
Please, please, pretty please?
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

See my operation flashpoint : the arcade game tread. It seem like a very good game and there is no denial that it look better then flashpoint because falshpoint. And btw it doesnt run on a 333 mhz celeron.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That was the point, dude.