Tim Cain Rehashes On Stuff We Already Know

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Tim Cain Rehashes On Stuff We Already Know

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

<html><body><P><A HREF=http://www.troikachronicles.com/modules ... page&pid=8 target=_blank>Troika Chronicles</A> published a new Q&A with Tim Cain, the man behind Fallout, Arcanum, and Temple of Elemental Evil. He talks about where he’s been, what he’s made, games he <I>hasn’t</I> played, scrambling to remove content from TOEE, and how Interplay still isn’t selling the Fallout license. The following may be enlightening for some:</P><blockquote><em>Most CRPG titles released in the last months are either console games or action-RPGs like Diablo or Dungeon Siege. Do you think the time for more traditional roleplaying games like the Ultima series or your own games like Arcanum is over?
<br>
<br>No. People were saying the same thing in 1996, before Fallout came out. “RPG’s are dead. You need to be an action game like Crusader� was all I heard then. I hear the same thing now, just with a different game to compare mine to. Game genres go in and out of style, that’s all. I’m waiting for adventure games to come back into vogue, so LucasArts will change their mind and I can play Sam and Max 2.</em></blockquote><P>Tim’s lips continue to remain sealed on that scifi, possibly post apocalyptic, RPG he mentioned a while back. Thanks to <B>Michael Wolf</B> for the reminder.</P></body></html>
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

i still havent forgiven Troika for making Arcanums MP so shit and crashy...yes i did like the single player!..ahem.
Moo and out.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

The point of the game was to be single player, MP was added in later, I think.

Go play Counter-Strike Mr.OMGOMGOMG MULTEPALEYER SI TEH FUTARe.
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

i did for 2 years and ive come to the conclusion that cs is shit even when youre highy skilled, sponsored, in a great clan etc..so im sticking to my RPG LANs with a mate and getting pissed thank you very much!
Moo and out.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You had to play CS for 2 years to come to the conclusion it's shit? You need some help here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Give the guy a break there, he might just be a bit slow. You know, 'special' and all that shit.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

CS 4 OLYEMPIi<b>CS</b>!!@!

That game was the worst mod ever, if your going to play HL, play a mans mod like ARG! the pirates strike back, or Rocket Crowbar.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

or UT TRON.
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

well i was expecting that kind of reply from people who arent skilled enough to frag some..easier to call it rubbish! :p
Moo and out.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

s4ur0n27 wrote:You had to play CS for 2 years to come to the conclusion it's shit? You need some help here.
haha.

Personally, I think the game is mildly enjoyable as a shooter on LAN, but the community combined with stupidly "balanced" weapons (si teh AWEPS WHAORESZZ!?) and such make it no fun online. Nothing can ever beat the time we did a four man LAN with it and it came down to Cloud playing that In the Navy song ridiculously loud and him and me screaming "IN THE NAVY!" until our throats were raw as we ran around spraying everything with the mp5.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

There was a time when CS was good, but was before it went retail and that Chinese freakshow took over.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Ahh, too true.

[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

1.3..hopping like a rabbit on acid..little recoil..that was the best..now 1.6 is all "trying to be serious and realistic"...bleeh! given up on cs being fun forever now.
Moo and out.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I stopped at what... 1.4? Somewhere around there I think. I'd had enough of the game and the populace.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Best FPS is Tactical-Ops, like CS it has a Terrorist vs. Polices theme, but it's an harder game, graphics are better, you don't fuckin stick to the ground when you get shot at, blah blah, but especially the community's waaaaayyyyyy more mature.

Edit : I'm not getting on the skill subject, you'd be no match :eyebrow:
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

You should all join my CS clan. We play 1.5!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Natural Selection is pretty much the only HL mod I play. If you camp you loose.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

CS was good around beta 6.

After that, it went to shit.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Firearms halflife, occasionally DOD (it's pretty much sucked since valve bought them, taking out the swastikas and all to make it politically correct? ick), andplenty of Natural Selection. I used to have so many mods it would make you cry, I had like 1gig of HL mod install just floating around until I found the folder, screamed, and had a deleting party.

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, Natural Selection and Firearms were pretty much the only mods worth playing. The CS scene was starting to slowly scatter and one of the major targets for a resettling was Day of Defeat.... and it has been downhill ever since (since like, what, CS was 1.7 beta?).