Fallout 3 still a go?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I can't imagine the crappage these games will be. Descent III was the end of a great series, and it wasn't that great of a game..Descent II pwned.

I never played Kingpin, so I have no reason to look forward to another Kingpin.

And FO3 won't happen. If it does, then it will be pretty terrible, and reserved for download rather than purchase.

Anyone wanna make a pact on that? If/When FO3 comes out, DOWNLOAD it instead of buying it. If it happens to be a decent game, then at least one person out there can buy it to keep Interplay in business.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Am I the only one who liked the news of a new Earthworm Jim? Ofcourse......they'll probably make it 3-d and Earthworm Jim in 3d is a no-no.
Harriers for the cup.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I thought Shiny made EWJ? Shiny did a good job with it..
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Maybe it was one of those "Shiny through Interplay" deals or something, I think I might have to go back and play the original to find out.
Harriers for the cup.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Gayspy says Fallout 3.

No-one seems to have reported FOBOS2, though. Could they be mixing these two up?
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

FOBOS 2 is the "new action-RPG". They have been both mentioned together on other sites.
Xax
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Xax »

NMA and RPGDot are both saying Fallout 3, and that Inteplay is keeping the "Dark Alliance" license to make games not taking place in the DnD universe.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Ausir wrote:FOBOS 2 is the "new action-RPG". They have been both mentioned together on other sites.
No. Check the Interplay investor's forum. zorrelak69 (who has indeed posted rumours wrongly before, but let's assume he learnt his lesson) confirmed what I heard before: the new action-RPG for console is *not* Fo:BoS

My guess: BoS flopped, but they still believe doing such a game in the Fallout setting. So they're circumventing the bad name of BoS while still using the relatively good name of Fallout (which is plummeting fast)
NMA and RPGDot are both saying Fallout 3, and that Inteplay is keeping the "Dark Alliance" license to make games not taking place in the DnD universe.
Yip, seems about right.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Imnotbelgium
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Imnotbelgium »

The most important parts:
On Fallout 3, Caen said "Fallout 3 is not actively being developed right now and we will have an announcement soon on that project". Later, several questions were posed by an investor. The exchange went as follows, starting with a question clarifying whether IPLAY would develop or publish Fallout 3:
Caen: We plan on publishing Fallout 3
Caller: Most likely it will be done through an external studio, correct?
Caen: Correct.
Will they never give up?...

On FOBOS2:
They will not do a sequel for Fallout Brotherhood of Steel , but will do another Action/RPG-crossbreed console game in the Fallout world. Plans on this are a bit shady, not sure which engine to use.
FOBOS bombed hard, they are seeing for ways to salvage something and to use it on another action game in the Fallout world.

The best is in one filled document released today:
The company owes three months worth of rent on its Irvine, California headquarters and has been served with a Three-Day Notice to Pay Rent or Surrender Possession. If the company can't meet that deadline it will be forced to leave its headquarters and disrupt its business while it seeks a new location.
Eheheheheh
In http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php
and http://www.nma-fallout.com/ you`ll find much more.
:pelvic_thrust:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

When will Iply die for fuck's sake. IT'S OVER, GIVE UP, YOUR GAMES SUCK AND WE WON'T BUY THEM ANYMORE.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I will buy Descent IV. No doubt.

As for FO3..I will give it a download.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I doubt a new Dscent would be anything near an OK game. Actually I doubt Iply can still release something good.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I loved the first 2 games...The third one was mediocre..But I can't let that stop me from completing the collection...Same with music..If I get one album from an artist, I've gotta get all the albums from the artist. Book series...I can't have just one of the books..I've gotta get all the books to complete the set. That "Left Behind" series for instance...I got the first book as a prize somewhere, and instead of just tossing it on the shelf, I read it and got the other umpteen books.

I think Iply could make a good game if they stopped fucking around and trying to please new gamers. New gamers only know them from suck-titles so the new gamers won't want to buy anything..It's the old gamers they need to impress now, and by impressing us, they will attract the new gamers again. Circle of mediocracy, or something.

At the moment they seem to be stuck in the suck loop...But the glimmer in my sad little eyes could be a glimmer of hope. Or it could be the glimmer of an unborn child waiting to burst forth into the world straight from my scrotum.

None of that made sense to me, either.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:But the glimmer in my sad little eyes could be a glimmer of hope. Or it could be the glimmer of an unborn child waiting to burst forth into the world straight from my scrotum.
lol

Anyway, I agree with you, I'm like that too, that's why I'll actually buy FO3. But I was trying to be rationnal or something like that. I never got into the Descent games so I ccan't really talk.

I'll def buy FO3 though.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kharn wrote:My guess: BoS flopped, but they still believe doing such a game in the Fallout setting.
They have to don't they? Otherwise they'll be ditching the half of FO:BOS they kept back in order to make FOBOS2. My guess is they're just re-jigging that half into something mildly different,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Imnotbelgium wrote:On FOBOS2:
They will not do a sequel for Fallout Brotherhood of Steel , but will do another Action/RPG-crossbreed console game in the Fallout world. Plans on this are a bit shady, not sure which engine to use.
FOBOS bombed hard, they are seeing for ways to salvage something and to use it on another action game in the Fallout world.
Even though it's not FOBOS2, it's still Fallout Enforcer 2.
------------------
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

fallout 3, does anyone have any idea what happened with silver style wanting to get their mits on it?