yes I'm bored. More linkage

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

yes I'm bored. More linkage

Post by Stainless »

[url]mms://stream.eizodana.com/olympus/m01_hi.wmv[/url]

nfi what the mms bit is but it's a steaming video.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

interesting, i think its an asian strain of honeybee that have an amazing self defence procedure against the giants hornets, the literally bake them by mobbing them with hundreds of themselves and buzzing, the ensueing bodyheat cooks the hornet to death. hehe class
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

How the hell did they manage to get those shots? The camera must have been mere inches from the bees at times. Those must be some very ballsy cameraguys. Props to DiscoveryChannel or whoever that video was made for. AnimalPlanet, maybe?
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

The cameras must've been remote, since some of the shots were extremely close up too, such as from within the entrace to the hive.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

That was cool, but felt bad for the bumble bees. Anyways discovery channel and national geography have some great shots in all of their animal takes, probably takes forever to get the right shots.

When i was a kid I would always think about which animals/insects would win in a fight, like 100 queen bumble bees vs 10 hornets? Stuff like that with variation.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

If those bees had tiny, bee guns they could have mounted a more effective defense. It was a good effort, though.
Literacy is overated.