Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trailer

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trailer

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Community -> Update]</strong>

<b>Mismatch</b> informed us via the <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewf ... 43">Submit News forum</a> that there's a <a href="http://hitchhikermovie.free.fr/pages/tr ... ml">teaser trailer</a> for the new <a href="http://hitchhikermovie.free.fr/">Hithhiker's Guide To The Galaxy film</a> available. As <b>Mismatch</b> says, the earth is destroyed, so it's Post Apocalyptic, in an odd sort of way.
<br>
<br><b>Spazmo</b> corrected my original assumption that rapper <b>Mos Def</b> was playing <b>Arthur Dent</b>, in fact he's playing <b>Ford Prefect</b>, which makes it more palatable. There's an interesting interview with the director and producer of the film <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2257599">here</a>, that makes me re-evaluate my initial thought that the film is going to suck. I think <b>Martin Freeman</b> is a good choice for <b>Arthur Dent</b>.
<br>
<br>From the interview:
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>Jim Lynn: When you were first approached to do the movie, what was your reaction?</b>
<br>
<br>Garth: "What an awful idea." We thought it would be the typical Hollywood 'ruin it, ruin everything' thing, and we actually told our agent not to send us the script. Frank, being a very good agent, sent it anyway, and so it sat on our desks for approximately two weeks, and we just kept looking at it and thinking 'oh they'll have ruined it, we're not going anywhere near it'. We'd actually started making our own film, and had already begun the casting process, and then one day Nick said 'Look, you should read this, I've just read it' and he was very, sort of, quiet about it, and said 'just have a read and see what you think'. I took it home, and (my wife can vouch for this) I went into the toilet to read it, expecting to come out quite quickly, and forty-five minutes later appeared, saying to my wife 'this is actually really rather good'. And then my second reaction was 'brilliant. It could be too marvellous to do.' You know, this is very important to a lot of people, not just me, but to an awful lot of other people. Once we realised that, it was a perfect opportunity to do what we do best, you know, we jumped straight in there, and it's been a rollercoaster ever since.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>The <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk">BBC</a> maintains a <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/">hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy</a> with user submitted content, which can kill some time if you're bored.
<br>
<br>Note: You can now also submit news by emailing <a href="mailto:news@duckandcover.cx">news@duckandcover.cx</a>, as well as posting in the <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewf ... 43">Submit News forum</a>.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Actually, Mos Def is Ford Prefect and... why not? Ford is supposed to be a real together kind of guy who knows where his towel is and generally knows his away around the galaxy and the people in it. Where does that exclude being black?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

That makes it a bit better. News post edited.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've been looking forward to this movie since someone first posted about it in GD last year. I'm pumped, even more so now that I've watched the trailer.

I even got my wife into the books (and that is an accomplishment considering she's not read any books since she was 13 or so).
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I feel the same about the film as I do about fallout3...
If they manage to do it well, I'll be thrilled. But I fear they wont...
And that it will be just another way for hollywood to ruin all that I love.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Spazmo wrote:Actually, Mos Def is Ford Prefect and... why not? Ford is supposed to be a real together kind of guy who knows where his towel is and generally knows his away around the galaxy and the people in it. Where does that exclude being black?
There's black and there's "Yo, you mah bitch now, dawg" black. The second would ruin the film.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And Mos Def, being a hip-hop artist and all + Hollywood sticking it's greedy fingers into the soup, makes me think it will be the latter.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think if the script calls for Mos Def to use proper English and he minimizes the "hip-hop accent", at least that aspect of the movie will be all right... maybe.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's a big "if" though.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

A rapper speaking normal ?

It's now the Hip-Hop guide to the galaxyzhizzle.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Piss on yo face nigga.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Anyone see the remake of the Italian Job? It had Mos Def in it and, unless I'm mistaken (I may be), I don't think he was teh blizzack shiznit in that movie.

And shit, you guys are forgetting the fundamental lesson of H2G2 (well, aside from 42): DON'T PANIC.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hmm, Mos Def was in Italian Job? It was an alright movie.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I thought the fundamental lesson in Hitchhiker's Guide was to always have your towel with you.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Gobias
Regular
Regular

Post by Gobias »

I have been waiting so long for this movie.
The old tv-series is fun, but it has a little to much "school play" all over it.
------------------------------------------------
::::::::::::See You In Court!::::::::::::::
------------------------------------------------
www.badlands.dk // www.gobias.com
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I thought the fundamental lesson in Hitchhiker's Guide was to always have your towel with you.
What about don't panic??
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

ARHGDH!½ FUck, can't you read?!
You made a vein pop in my head because of that sucky-sucky reply.

---

Anyways, the most memorable piece of writing from Hitchie was the part where Ford whiped the mouth of the bottle with his towel, but although he was trying to clean the bottle mouth he actually killed the prospering fungus civilization in his towel instead with that heavy liquor...
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

there was no quote prior to the towel statement.
my response was valid, considering the fact that it was a quoteless post.
Almost like self defence...
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

YESS!!!! and no.

Post by Janus Matchell »

I am so glad they are doing a HHGTG movie I have been waiting since before Adams death for them to make. He tried like hell to get ahold of the execs at disney. And right before he died they contacted him. All this information was in his last book released after he died. I just pray they hold true to the movie because if they don't there will be hell to pay. I glad there's movie I just hope it will do the book justice.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!