Bethesda updates its forums and webpage

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Bethesda updates its forums and webpage

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

If you go to <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/splash/index.htm">the official Elderscrolls website</a>, there's a new logo with no details about it as the front page. This probably refers to the <b>Elder Scolls IV: Oblivion</b> game that's in development. However, this also implies that we'll get some <b>Fallout 3</b> news soon, as I understand both titles are in development at the same time, using the same technology.
<br>
<br>The <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/">forums</a> have also been reshuffled, with a new <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... um=4">"The Next Elderscrolls" Discussion</a> forum. Again, nothing specific to <b>Fallout 3</b>, but I suspect that news on the next Fallout game won't be that far off, even if it is just a forum devoted to it.
<br>
<br>Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.evilavatar.com">Evil Avatar</A>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I accidently went to take a look at the Fallout-thread in the forums... THE HORROR. These people are complete retards with no glimpse of reality.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

good lord...i did the same...
the stupidity...gah
A freaking idiot wrote:i dont think bethesda cares to much about that[*]...they know they can make a new fanbase...in fact they probably want a new fanbase ;)
*pleasing the current fanbase
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Which is why I'm hoping the Bethesda devs come to our forums, rather than us having to mix with the inbreds on their forums.
Signs point to them doing that as well, I have seen some bethsoft devs online here recently.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

But then maybe a new flow of inbreds will once again come here.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

King of Creation wrote:
A freaking idiot wrote:i dont think bethesda cares to much about that[*]...they know they can make a new fanbase...in fact they probably want a new fanbase ;)
*pleasing the current fanbase
what actually scares me is that that person might be right in some respect - right in that they (Badassda) may want to create a 'new fanbase' since getting along with us :dance: is pretty taugh for people who mess with Fallout principles (as understood by particular members of this community and shared by them - at least some points)
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Kashluk wrote:I accidently went to take a look at the Fallout-thread in the forums... THE HORROR. These people are complete retards with no glimpse of reality.
To be fair, quite a few of us Eldersccroll fans have been calling for things like Turn-Based combat in that thread, and also in the ~3800 previous fallout posts on the old boards. Most of us have pretty much given up trying to contribute anything or debate some of the more trollish FO fans untill bethesda actually posts some info. So please, don't go calling us all retards. Especially those of us who are also (or even primarily) fallout fans. :)

Brillo
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Which is why I'm hoping the Bethesda devs come to our forums, rather than us having to mix with the inbreds on their forums.
Signs point to them doing that as well, I have seen some bethsoft devs online here recently.
Bethesda's said they would create separate FO3 forums on the Fallout site when it's ready. Considering they're still in pre-production and finalizing the team, that'll probably be some time.

Brillo
brillo
Regular
Regular

Re: Bethesda updates its forums and webpage

Post by brillo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:If you go to <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/splash/index.htm">the official Elderscrolls website</a>, there's a new logo with no details about it as the front page. This probably refers to the <b>Elder Scolls IV: Oblivion</b> game that's in development. However, this also implies that we'll get some <b>Fallout 3</b> news soon, as I understand both titles are in development at the same time, using the same technology.
They're using the same graphics engine, but I don't think the developement will be syncronized or anything. The next ES game has supposedly been under-developement for a year or more. As far as I know though, FO3 is still in pre-production. A couple weeks ago they still hadn't finalized their FO dev team. So I'd assume it's actually gonna take a bit longer for Fallout info to start appearing.

Brillo
PiP

Post by PiP »

brillo wrote: To be fair, quite a few of us Eldersccroll fans have been calling for things like Turn-Based combat in that thread, and also in the ~3800 previous fallout posts on the old boards.
see? there are good Escrolls fans. (BTW, how many of you, Brillo?) We might actually win an ally. Nevertheless I don't think TB combat is any close to becoming real.

BTW, if you're trying to piss people off Brillo, keep submitting one post under another. Really.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

PiP wrote:
brillo wrote: To be fair, quite a few of us Eldersccroll fans have been calling for things like Turn-Based combat in that thread, and also in the ~3800 previous fallout posts on the old boards.
see? there are good Escrolls fans. (BTW, how many of you, Brillo?) We might actually win an ally. Nevertheless I don't think TB combat is any close to becoming real.
That bother to try and deal with certain FO fans (A particular one managed close to 500 posts the first few days after the annoucement)? Don't really know. We're definately in the minority, although, so are the people calling for real-time combat and first person shit. The majority of people there either don't care, or are just taking a wait-and-see type approach. Specially the more, shall we say, grown up ES fans.

Quite a few of the realtime combat folks are really just kids.

And some (you all probably don't know this if you're just stopping by real quick) are fairly notorious trolls. They apparently like seeing FO fans freak the hell out. :p
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Odd how being a heavy fan about something makes you a troll.

For this, I say Atari should make Elder Scrolls 4/5, so they can see it from our view.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

LlamaGod wrote:Odd how being a heavy fan about something makes you a troll.

For this, I say Atari should make Elder Scrolls 4/5, so they can see it from our view.
Trolling makes you a troll. Has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are.

As far as these "what if atari/troika/obsidian makes the next ES game turnbased/ISO/etc and we'll see how you feel" arguments, please, that's just silly. Making those kind of arguments and calling ES fans names will not get you the kind of FO3 you want. And neither will sulking over here.

Brillo
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Yeah, it wont get us it, I doubt anything can if they set on 'making a new fanbase' or whatever.

So either way, we'll still have fun making fun of the retards, FO3 or not. It's not like they were smart before this happened, they liked fucking Morrowind.

Edit: They also got the supar intelligent Xbox users on there too, HALO OR MOROWIND WICH SI BETAR??/
PiP

Post by PiP »

as far as enjoying making fun of 'retards', speak for yourself Llama.
In my opinion you can either pity them, or ignore them, or use them. As amusement they suck ass big time.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

LlamaGod wrote:Yeah, it wont get us it, I doubt anything can if they set on 'making a new fanbase' or whatever.
So one single player suggests that maybe Bethesda's should form it's own fanbase, and suddenly that's what they're going to do? :crazy: Ignore him. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
So either way, we'll still have fun making fun of the retards, FO3 or not.

Hey dude, you have fun making fun of retards. Personally I'd rather be having fun playing a good FO3. So I'm gonna spend my time trying to make sure that happens.
They also got the supar intelligent Xbox users on there too, HALO OR MOROWIND WICH SI BETAR??/
What can I say, we all got crackhead family members right? :)
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Re: Bethesda updates its forums and webpage

Post by Araanor »

Mr. Teatime wrote:However, this also implies that we'll get some <b>Fallout 3</b> news soon, as I understand both titles are in development at the same time, using the same technology.
It's unlikely they've been idle since the release of Morrowind and its expansions. If they've stated they'll develop the games alongside each other it doesn't mean they've gotten anywhere with FO3, only that the development will be concurrent during some parts of the projects. I think we're a decent stretch of time off until they'll want to show anything.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I was guessing at a forum opening, however it was pure speculation.

EDIT: I could bug the relevent people for some more information, though I don't want to piss them off (I've sent several emails all giving the same response 'we havent even completed our team yet').
Last edited by Mr. Teatime on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

K I am registered. I'll go out of my way to be nice and respectful of other people's opinions.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:K I am registered. I'll go out of my way to be nice and respectful of other people's opinions.
Could you (and anyone else here) post some interesting constructive stuff over there? Storyline stuff, setting stuff, combat system ideas, improvements over FO1&2 you want, etc. It's just, you know, one more Chaos_One post demanding Isometric graphics, and my heads gonna explode. :)