the TES forums suck

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

the TES forums suck

Post by Mismatch »

more than anything has ever sucked before.
really...

(notsure where to post this heap, just need to get it out or I'll flame someone over there and get banned)

Was looking through some them threads, it's like a bloody visit to the land of gay and pink fannies.
They really should alow some lesser flaming there, in a natural selection way.

And the way words tend to become other words.....
and not in a good way, like when nicolai edited some shit.
Being there... it's like stading knee-deep in gay... and yet I feel that one must be there to monitor the fallout thread in a try to salvage it.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Taking one for the team, eh?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

You should see the Bethsoft #fallout channel chat log.

I'm sure someone's got it somewhere.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think we kinda anticipated stupidity on a mass scale when we realized that Bestheda fanboys would be posting with their zany ideas of real time FP combat and huge expansive boring worlds.

Teatime - I imagine those chat logs as being a crime against humanity.
Harriers for the cup.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What were they about?

TES forums can hardly be worst than the Interplay boards or NMA.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

yes they can, and they bloody are.
here, a quote:
I just thought I would like to say how cool and awesome some people are - and on the top of my list of cool and awesome people is Green Valkyrie.
I feel privileged to have known GV online for over a year now, and though we haven't talked that often, I think she is a really wonderful person. In fact, I would like to take this opportunity to pledge my eternal and undying love for her.

I'm sure I'm not the only who feels this way about such a wonderful person.

Thank you for listening
That should be a bannable offense. Or the lad posting this should be bloody flame-raped.
death isn't enough.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by MrSmileyFaceDude »

Well, they ARE ELDER SCROLLS forums, as opposed to Bethesda Softworks Games forums. And Bethesda doesn't have an official IRC chatroom for anything, Fallout or Morrowind or whatever.

Eventually there will be a Fallout website and forums. Eventually. Personally, I think the conversation about it until then is better served at Fallout-centric forums, in particular here and NMA. But that's just my own opinion. You're simply not going to get a completely objective view of Fallout 3 on elderscrolls.com, just as you wouldn't expect to have an objective discussion of The Elder Scrolls here.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Ok it's not an official channel. I can't remember the server it's on, but there's a #morrowind and a #fallout on it... I made a news post about it a while ago.
There is a DAC IRC channel (again, can't find the link but it's on gamesurge at #fallout) that's about as hardcore as you can get (the fans, that is). The most outspoken members of the community tend to hang out there - Saint Proverbius, Exitium, Spazmo, POOPERSCOOPER, Llamagod, and so on. Though it rarely gets heated (apart from when Exitium gets drunk and everyone makes fun of him).

As for here, I think it's a great place for Fallout discussion. We don't have many rules at all, so I'm very gratified to see develpoers like yourself making an effort. Chuck - the FOBOS guy - attacked the FO fans from the start (well, we were pretty negative about the idea, but still) and the flame war that insued even carried over to the game itself - we were mocked in the manual for the game ("DAC and NMA - thanks for all the laughs").

Still, we had the last laugh. :)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mismatch - What the hell? That's not only VERY weird but I mean.....what the hell? A. What does that have to do with Fallout and B. Who pledges their love to someone they've never really talked to, besides stalkers? Well regardless, and I say it once again. This is TES forum, were we expecting any less?
Harriers for the cup.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Mr. Teatime wrote:Ok it's not an official channel. I can't remember the server it's on, but there's a #morrowind and a #fallout on it... I made a news post about it a while ago.
Yeah, there's a #morrowind on QuakeNet and another on ChatSpike. Both are run by fans.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Chatspike was the one I was thinking of. I was told it was 'unofficially official', by the people in there anyway.
Chatspike is where that other #fallout channel is as well.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Mr. Teatime wrote:Chatspike was the one I was thinking of. I was told it was 'unofficially official', by the people in there anyway.
That's probably fairly accurate. When people post about a #morrowind IRC channel on the forums, that's the one that's linked to. :)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What? Another #fallout? Let's invade Chatspike D:

Bethesda should create an official tes/morrowind channel just so others won't go "We're the one Bethesda likes the more" and then divive the community.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Mismatch - What the hell? That's not only VERY weird but I mean.....what the hell? A. What does that have to do with Fallout and B. Who pledges their love to someone they've never really talked to, besides stalkers? Well regardless, and I say it once again. This is TES forum, were we expecting any less?
I can't stand some of the ppl over there.
And all them evuul rules stop me from flaming them.
That's really what this is all about.
the fallout discussion is fun though.
I suppose the topic should've been the people over at teh tes forums suck with all their funboby threads and pink threads.
present company excluded.

this wan't aimed as a flame towards bethesda.
as far as I know they're still doing a good job, or mebbe still not doing anything bad(except for the occational PR statement), since they haven't started with FO3 yet.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Mismatch wrote: That should be a bannable offense. Or the lad posting this should be bloody flame-raped.
death isn't enough.
To be fair though, there are a lot of actual women and girls over there, which makes things feel a bit.. different. :)

But hey, ya'll got Susan right? :)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

How do you they're actualy women D:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Because only women have feelings.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Because only women have feelings.
Nah, cause guys act a bit different when they're around, know? :)
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Nah, cause guys act a bit different when they're around, know? icon_mrhappy
The only way I would act different is if a chick had her big-ass tits in my face. That's it.

On teh interweb, only a horny 13 year old would act different in a forum. So Bethesda is full of prepubescent teens. Stay away. Stay very far away.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

omg susan si teh female??@!!1 OMG B MAI G.F?!?!?!?!

Seriously. Who changes because females are around. If you do, you better shape the hell up. Lark is watching. Lark the lurker.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs