Fallout 3: survival horror - the final word

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3: survival horror - the final word

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ -> Update]</strong>

<b>Pete Hines</b> has responded to the recent speculations about <b>Fallout 3</b> being a survival horror game in a quote (emailed to me) that should put to rest all the speculation:<blockquote><i>There's a very big difference between direct quotes from us, and assumptions on the part of a game magazine or web site. Fallout 3 will not be a survival horror game. Call of Cthulhu will be a survival horror game.</i></blockquote>So there you go. Short, and to the point.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

yay, touch my bum you tasty lil' teatime you.
this really lifts a weight off my chest. now I can emerge, ready to begin my life again.

this is so joyfull news, I hope other FO3 news will too go in the right direction.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

I wish Pete could have cleared this up sooner. Would have cut a lot of worries in the bud.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Better treatment thatn we've often had in the past though.. proves they are paying attention :dance:
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yowdy!!

Post by Janus Matchell »

This is like a noooooooooooooo it's survival horror but yesssssss because it is confirmed moment. Kind of like getting shot in a war then getting a purple heart afterwards. Well now that I know what it is then maybe it will be good but then again Peter Hines isn't the on edeveloping the damn thing directly the only thing he does is determine who does what and how much money gets alloted to the projoct. I hope it doesn't comeout like shit and by that I mean of Fo:PoS quality.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
brillo
Regular
Regular

Re: Fallout 3: survival horror - the final word

Post by brillo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:<b>Pete Hines</b> has responded to the recent speculations about <b>Fallout 3</b> being a survival horror game in a quote (emailed to me) that should put to rest all the speculation:<blockquote><i>There's a very big difference between direct quotes from us, and assumptions on the part of a game magazine or web site. Fallout 3 will not be a survival horror game. Call of Cthulhu will be a survival horror game.</i></blockquote>So there you go. Short, and to the point.
How about letting us know what the whole 'goggles and eye training' thing was? That's what's I'm curious about. The whole survival horror-esque line was clearly the mag's bullshit. The goggles thing was a direct quote from Todd Howard though....
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Re: yowdy!!

Post by Araanor »

Janus Matchell wrote:Peter Hines isn't the on edeveloping the damn thing directly the only thing he does is determine who does what and how much money gets alloted to the projoct..
Uh, Pete is the head of PR.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Re: yowdy!!

Post by brillo »

Araanor wrote:Uh, Pete is the head of PR.
Actually the only PR person. :) But yeah, definately not a developer or money guy.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Fallout 3: survival horror - the final word

Post by Mr. Teatime »

brillo wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:<b>Pete Hines</b> has responded to the recent speculations about <b>Fallout 3</b> being a survival horror game in a quote (emailed to me) that should put to rest all the speculation:<blockquote><i>There's a very big difference between direct quotes from us, and assumptions on the part of a game magazine or web site. Fallout 3 will not be a survival horror game. Call of Cthulhu will be a survival horror game.</i></blockquote>So there you go. Short, and to the point.
How about letting us know what the whole 'goggles and eye training' thing was? That's what's I'm curious about. The whole survival horror-esque line was clearly the mag's bullshit. The goggles thing was a direct quote from Todd Howard though....
I can ask him. He said he was going to register here in a bit so he might be able to answer for himself.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

He said he was going to register here in a bit so he might be able to answer for himself.
let's be nice then fellas, we wouldn't want to scare him aweh once he gets here.
let's show him just how nice a bunch we are.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I love that comment. You know why? Its cause it doesn't beat around the bush. There's no mystery to it.

We now know, for a fact, something about Fallout 3. This is possibly the only <i>fact</i> about the game that we know.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well the goggle stuff and adjusting your eyes to the light etc were as we suspected, just ideas and concepts.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Well the goggle stuff and adjusting your eyes to the light etc were as we suspected, just ideas and concepts.
oh, ok.
Not that I puked at the goggle part. I found goggles acceptable. What really made me upset was that goggles hinted about firstperson or some... well, action rpg, and THAT really got me shaky and twitchy.
a female character would need goggles for the bukkake cutscenes though.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Well the goggle stuff and adjusting your eyes to the light etc were as we suspected, just ideas and concepts.
Good to hear. Better to hear no FP, but baby steps are good. :)
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Todd Howard isn't going to last one day on this board D:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Franz_Schubert wrote:Todd Howard isn't going to last one day on this board D:
thats why I insist we treat him a little nicer than we usually do ppl...
heh, when mrsmileface was new I was one click from giving him a newbie flame... but then I realized that he wasn't your average new guy. So I barely contained myself.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

Does this mean that Bethesda already has an outline for Fallout 3, or at least an idea of what they are going to shoot for?

I wouldn't mind seeing Pete post in here about what exactly they are planning on doing with Fallout, or at least what they are planning not to put into Fallout 3. Some of the soon-to-be developers plan on putting SPECIAL in, but there is no point in doing that if the game does not have turn-based combat.
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Sovy Kurosei wrote:Does this mean that Bethesda already has an outline for Fallout 3, or at least an idea of what they are going to shoot for?
I think it meast the exact opposite- they're still planning, or haven't even started. :)
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

brillo:

I was thinking about the horror/survival part, since Pete was pretty upfront about that. I was assuming that something concrete, some kind of foundation for Fallout 3 has been layed out by Todd Howard or somebody in Bethesda. At least that is my assumption, I'll have to wait and see what happens next.
coldboy
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by coldboy »

oh man that is not true BE like horor game(elder scroll) but i don`t want fallout like ES T.T
why does interplay not give fallout 3 to obsidian? because obsidian is a newcomer ?
________
Honda Unicorn history
Last edited by coldboy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.