Fallout 3 theme soundtrack.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

i quite agree ride of the valkyries gave that helicopter scene something orgasmic in apocalypse now, and i also agree classical music could be used.
it could be used when (and if) they show footage from the nukes dropping and the devastation right after the bombing. the safety guide/tips for life outside the vault should really remain jazzy though, in my opinion.

hmm, another good song for it could be as time goes by, as played by sam in casablanca.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Mizkif wrote:Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Doesn't get it.
Headroom wrote:Ella Fitzgerald - Dream a little dream of me? May be an archtypical hero save the princess narrative. except this time its a shrekess mutant beeyitch.
Gets it.

You know.. The nice thing about threads like these are that they show who does and doesn't get it.
------------------
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

DMX's "One More Road To Cross" fits prefectly, and would work great with an opening montage kinda thing.
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Mizkif wrote:
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

Doesn't get it.

Headroom wrote:
Ella Fitzgerald - Dream a little dream of me? May be an archtypical hero save the princess narrative. except this time its a shrekess mutant beeyitch.

Gets it.

You know.. The nice thing about threads like these are that they show who does and doesn't get it.

You Know Saint the people who post things like the Rolling Stones - Paint it Black or even more modern songs they probably think Oh thats my favorite song It should be in fallout 3. You're right they just don't get it. Funny thing is I used to be like that .
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The Shrike wrote: You Know Saint the people who post things like the Rolling Stones - Paint it Black or even more modern songs they probably think Oh thats my favorite song It should be in fallout 3. You're right they just don't get it. Funny thing is I used to be like that .
Yup, it's amazing that after four, nearly five, years of having Fallout around, you'd think some of this would sink in.
------------------
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

what you don't seem to understand, reactionary fu'ah :wink:, is that whomever suggested Paint It Black maybe simply want something different. it doesn't necessarely mean he doesn't get that the feel is 50's-esque altogether, it could mean he just wants a change.

and if he wants more aggressiveness in the introduction, then Paint It Black wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

notice the words if/could/maybe before you go all ranty.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Mikey wrote:what you don't seem to understand...is that whomever suggested Paint It Black maybe simply want something different. it doesn't necessarely mean he doesn't get that the feel is 50's-esque altogether, it could mean he just wants a change.
But why is it that whatever people like has to find its way into the Fallout universe? I like a lot of things. You don't see me suggesting them all for inclusion in the FO universe. I'm not going to sit here and say that FO is something along a very narrowly defined line to the extent that nothing can change, but it quickly becomes a case of too many cooks spoiling the brew and all that when you have everyone throwing whatever into the mix.

I think someone should license the Rifts ruleset from Palladium. Then people would have an excuse to throw whatever they wanted into the mix w/o mutating it beyond all recognition, because that's what Rifts is all about: a non-specific setting thanks to a bunch of dimensional rifts. It's a world where Ella Fitzgerald could easily share the same stage with the Rolling Stones. Failing that, something developed along these lines might satisfy quite a few people.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

i wasn't defending his choice. i was defending his right to choose.
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

What about Vera Lynn "Will meet again� with some footage of the war in Canada behind it.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Mikey wrote:i wasn't defending his choice. i was defending his right to choose.
He chose... poorly.
------------------
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

That’s a coincidence I’ve got “Indiana Jones and the last Crusade� playing in the background are you psychic or something?
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

Saint_Proverbius wrote
He chose... poorly
That’s a coincidence I’ve got “Indiana Jones and the last Crusade� playing in the background are you psychic or something?
n305er
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by n305er »

Oh Yes... A Fallout contaminated land is a Wonderful World Indeed! :lol:
8)
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Genghis Khan wrote:Saint_Proverbius wrote
He chose... poorly
Hah.. I was wondering if anyone would catch that reference. :)
------------------
n305er
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by n305er »

Hmm... I don't really understand... :?: :?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

n305er wrote:Hmm... I don't really understand... :?: :?
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, near the end, there's a scene where some Nazis and Indiana Jones are forced to chose grails to see which one is the real grail. There's a Crusader there who is making them chose which grail is correct. One Nazi officer picks one, and drinks from it. He dies a horrible death. The Crusader says, "He chose.. poorly."
------------------
The_one-1
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The_one-1 »

I think the soundtrack for fallout 3 should be:

Papa Roach: Last Resort and (or) Blood brothers
Linkin Park: Crawling
Limp Bizkit: My way
Staind: Outside
Unwritten law: seein' red
Korn: Here to stay and (or) freak on a leash

It would be a adrenaline driven soundtrack that would pump you up for awesome gameplay, and a good time!
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

that's pretty funny :lol!:
The_one-1
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The_one-1 »

:fist: :drinking: :bad-words: :silly: :rainbowafro: :usa :snipersmile: :shocked!: :smilecolros:
Indiana Jones can go blow! 5o's jazz can go to hell. Heavy Metal all the way.
jvn3t
SDF!
SDF!

Post by jvn3t »

The_one-1 wrote::fist: :drinking: :bad-words: :silly: :rainbowafro: :usa :snipersmile: :shocked!: :smilecolros:
Indiana Jones can go blow! 5o's jazz can go to hell. Heavy Metal all the way.
That's a great idea!! Heavy metal would work just as good as real time, full control of NPCs, and rampant FEV making deathclaws wacky and mutants sterile-but-not-sterile and the Enclave coming back with shiny American vengence and outer space and the City of Atlantis and Incan wasteland demons and frabggHGGHJOPSD32!!!

*Has a stroke*
Prepare to shit the enemy!