I'm hating this. I need an American CD. Where's the kids?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

I'm hating this. I need an American CD. Where's the kids?

Post by Radoteur »

I'm running around the coast minding my own business, and i come across a fisherman, and his son? I'm thinking he's lost his mind. He keeps refering to some son, yet no matter how hard i look, there is no kid.

I'm wondering if anyone else got this. It is probably only me. Those damn bastards at Interplay or whereever decided to rip off Koreans.

I visted there, so. I'm american, I swear! So why is it all screwy!

Any fixes or patches or something will be greatly appreciated.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Are you running UK version? (yeah I heard you, you are American, right?) But if that's the case, go to interplay's page and download a "Kids patch".
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Well are there any kids in other locations, such as Klamath? The Den? If there is, then make sure you have the latest official patch installed, and if that doesn't help any, it's just another bug.

If there isn't, then you gotta get the kids patch.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

It is a korean CD.
I got it from one of those bazzars. Streetplace marketplaces.
This cd is offical though. Not a pirated copy.
I think i'll check out the patch. Thanks.

Where is Klamath and The Den? This is FO1 right?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Klamath and the Den are in FO2. You can just go to the Hub's east side, and there are always lots of little kids running around there. And there is the Cathedral hospice in the Water Merchants section of town. If you still don't see any, then get the kids patch.
fuck
hvkasteren
SDF!
SDF!

Post by hvkasteren »

You can find a blood patch here (german site): http://fallout.gamesweb.com/f1/downgeneral.htm
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Oh. Didn't know there was a Fisherman encounter in Fallout 1, just thought you posted in the wrong forum :)

Sorry bout that.

And that bloodpatch is 36 megs, and i believe it's designed for all those low-violence versions. Although it does have the kids in it.
twiztid wanderer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by twiztid wanderer »

I have never understood this why is it illegal to use kids in video games such as the UK version of FO and FO2?
Is it they fear the pain of death or do they fear the joy of life?
Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Probably because they don't want you killing kids.
I have plenty of gore. My meter goes to Maximum Violence. My game is really screwy. With all the bugs, I liked the game. If it was bugless, it would be a work of art.

Well, the lack of the child is a little annoying, but it is one of many bugs in my version. There are pretty big ones, like the Glow one, the Cathedral one, and the Boneyard ones.

Well, I think Chad Allison is a moron. Director of Quality Assurance. Ha!
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

twiztid wanderer wrote:I have never understood this why is it illegal to use kids in video games such as the UK version of FO and FO2?
Same reason America bans words like "Fuck", and every inch of naked skin on TV. They believe it's offensive and destroys and corrupts our children's minds.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Fallout2 uk version has no actual legal rating. Theres two types of rating for games in the UK the BBFC which is legally binding its illegal to sell it to anyone under that age and then theres ELSPA which is some crap european thing that just shows what age group the game is aimed at like when it says on toys "for ages 4+". Fallout has no BBFC rating but it has an ELSPA rating of 15 meaing its aimed at 15 year olds but shops can happily sell it to people under 15.

I think its more of a case of censors not giving games the respect they deserve like they do films etc. "Just rip out the kids and itll be fine". In my opinion the no kid thing was a stupid and badly thought out thing to do it ruins the game as it messes up several quests.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Is there a patch that just adds the kids back into Fallout 1? I have the lovely gore already in the game so I don't think the bloodpatch is what I should be using.
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

As Steve Moret said in a Troika IRC chat:

"Killing kids in europe is bad."
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

I know there is a children patch for Fallout 2, but i don't know if it works also in FO1. I have the childless version too, unfortunately...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

For some fucked-up reason kids and animals seem to be sacred in the Western civilization...

If a dozen of policemen die in a MC-clubbers' ambush it only reaches propably one or two tabloids. But if a police dog dies in action the whole country (I'm talking about Finland here) is *shocked* and the topic rises up in every news flash. :?

The order of importance seems to be quite twisted.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

You're exaggerating Kashluk. :wink:

The whole country wasn't *shocked* when that police doggy caught the bullet and I'm sure a MC gang fight receives more attention in news and tabloids and for a longer period of time(trials and stuff). Not to mention the dozen policemen who get killed.. which is.. exaggeration. 8)
PIPBoy2161
Regular
Regular

Post by PIPBoy2161 »

VasikkA wrote:You're exaggerating Kashluk. :wink:

The whole country wasn't *shocked* when that police doggy caught the bullet and I'm sure a MC gang fight receives more attention in news and tabloids and for a longer period of time(trials and stuff). Not to mention the dozen policemen who get killed.. which is.. exaggeration. 8)
lol ya, VasikkA is right.. i remember skimming over that article or watever a while ago but didnt pay much attention to it
Image Redding miners diggin' for gold! :)