NMA continues to beat the dead horse

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

NMA continues to beat the dead horse

Post by ApTyp »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... le=Fallout 3 (Van Buren)">Game: Fallout 3 (Van Buren)</a>

<p>Three more design docs for Van Buren (Black Isle's Fallout 3 that
died along with the company) were released today. Absolute majority of
the staff here at DAC doesn't give a hoot about Van Buren on the
account of it being dead and all, but I know some of our visitors are
not so indifferent.</p>
<p>If you're one of them, go to <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA frontpage</a> for all your dead horse needs. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

cut the crap with NMA and VBuren, it's not fun anymore. I think we should have a brief news item, which you made just fine, but stuff like "beat the dead horse" and " Absolute majority of the staff here at DAC doesn't give a hoot" are redundant and overall less fun than Van Buren docs.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I'd rather not touch the crap, let alone cut it. So my answer would be "no way jose"
PiP

Post by PiP »

since you put it this way.. At least our "irony" could be fresher.. oh well.

Waiting for *NMA staff token post*
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

http://www.bittorrent.com/

Use it NMA and stop trying to keep the corpse alive.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

*** NMA Staff Token Anger Filled Post ***

Thank you for your time.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Dude. It is my understanding that for as long as I provide quality news to DAC, I am tolerated to speak my mind. When the value of the former pales in comparison to the later, I am to be terminated. Until that happens, suck it up, eh?

I'm mellow like a motherfucker.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

so, VB is now a dead horse?
what's next, a dead troll? dead zombie? undead zombie?
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
SNorth
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SNorth »

I found portions of those design docs of use. The global city map idea was very interesting to me.
From that fateful day when stinking bits of slime first crawled from the sea and shouted to the cold stars, "I am man.", our greatest dread has always been the knowledge of our mortality. But tonight, we shall hurl the gauntlet of science into the frightful face of death itself. Tonight, we shall ascend into the heavens. We shall mock the earthquake. We shall command the thunders, and penetrate into the very womb of impervious nature herself
Gene Wilder/Frederick Frankenstein
Matrix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Matrix »

listen to me aptyp life is to short for grudges i think you should make friends with your girlfriend what if shes lying stone dead cold in a morgue and the last words between you two was an anagram huh when your a soldier like me you realize these things and that every second cunts
I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Dead dead dead etc. I don't care enough to make an insulting post really, and couldn't be bother posting this news myself. long live nma, puuk and van buren, hail to the king baby, etc.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

... and so the rift widens.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

I don't care, I love you guys.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Matrix wrote:listen to me aptyp life is to short for grudges i think you should make friends with your girlfriend what if shes lying stone dead cold in a morgue and the last words between you two was an anagram huh when your a soldier like me you realize these things and that every second cunts
your back!!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

SNorth wrote:I found portions of those design docs of use. The global city map idea was very interesting to me.
Parts of the design docs are interesting, but it's not really the point. I doubt there would be so much negativity from DAC if NMA released all the design docs at once.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Well, I'm pretty sure there would still be complaints. It'd just be all over quicker. It boils down to a matter of "What's the point?". Yes it's "interesting" but how long is it going to be kept up for (releasing it all at once in that regard would be better - IE: Why is this getting dragged out?)?

I mean, imagine if I suddenly posted a news item with development info from Fallout: Tactics about an area which never made it into the game. It's interesting, people would talk about and hey, why not if you just got the info? The thing is, if I dropped a hint "there's more where that came from!" and then next week I had another one. And then a month later there was more. Then there was a handful of "concept screenshots"...

It's all interesting but how do you say "We've got no actual news to post so we'll just drag this crap out for the next year" in Belgian?

Beating the dead horse is appropriate. It's dead. Two years later it's still really fucking dead. We don't need reminders every week. It just gets more and more rotten and decomposed as it goes on. All we've got left are skeletons. An outline of what once could have been. It shouldn't be much longer before it's fossilised.

[/rant I didn't real want to post but did anyway because hey, what can you do?]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Really, I don't know what the big deal is. NMA has access to some of the design docs, they get posted as they are delivered to us.

Yes, the game is dead, no doubt about it. So what? If it's interesting to our visitors, what's the harm in posting it?

I mean come on, it's no different from these recent DAC breaking news scoops:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12712

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12724

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12559

Since this thing has been beaten to death (like a "dead horse"), I won't waste your time posting about it again, as it just causes more teenage-like angst among the sites.

You guys obviously have your opinions about it, and will continue to make the comments whenever future docs get released.

Have fun
SNorth
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SNorth »

I guess part of my interest has been simply in comparing MR's storyline and quests to another Fallout game's to gauge how good our ideas have been. It has been instructive to see how in-depth the professionals go with their work. My interest would be the same for a F1 or F2 design doc.
From that fateful day when stinking bits of slime first crawled from the sea and shouted to the cold stars, "I am man.", our greatest dread has always been the knowledge of our mortality. But tonight, we shall hurl the gauntlet of science into the frightful face of death itself. Tonight, we shall ascend into the heavens. We shall mock the earthquake. We shall command the thunders, and penetrate into the very womb of impervious nature herself
Gene Wilder/Frederick Frankenstein
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

briosfreak has everything on his computer, get your head up from his lap and look him in his face.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Pope Viper wrote:NMA has access to some of the design docs, they get posted as they are delivered to us.
It just seems you have no other newsposts than the weekly VB design doc and some random mod projects no one really cares about. While Fallout 3 isn't a hot topic yet, I'd rather read some general interesting tidbits about nuclear/apocalyptic stuff or even robots.