Got a brand new Sig .45

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Lynxer wrote:Get a tazer in stead!
Are you calling me a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone?
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Why not just buy a water gun and paint it black? It'll cost 50 cents instead of 500 bucks and you'll get about as much use out of it if not more.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

While I will use it as a conceal carry weapon I also enjoy shooting (either plinking at outdoor ranges or shooting targets at indoor ones) in my spare time. For me shooting is much more a hobby that it is a "line of defense." So I guess that is why I go for the real thing.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

So, you need a big gun to prove your masculinity?

The use of guns should be restricted to warfare, justice and perhaps sport. Private ownership of guns only yields paranoia.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Get a high-end Makarov instead. 9x18mm is more powerful than .380, and Mak is an improved version of PPK design. I think even the spare parts are easier to find, I wasn't able to find a spare PPK barrel anywhere.

It's funny how people spend $400 for a new video card and $100 for new memory every year or so just to be able to spend $50 on a new game every month or two, but $500 for a good handgun (that has a lot of resale value, and can easily last you a lifetime) is supposedly a waste of paper? Give me a break...
Last edited by ApTyp on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Lynxer wrote:So, you need a big gun to prove your masculinity?

The use of guns should be restricted to warfare, justice and perhaps sport. Private ownership of guns only yields paranoia.
I guess you didn't notice that pic. The PPK is a VERY small gun, i'm looking for a very small gun to CONCEAL. So I guess to answer your question no. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I just enjoy shooting. What are you trying to prove to other people with your hobbies? Half of America has a pine cone up thier ass when it comes to guns.

Edit: To add a little context i'll give a familiar example. James Bond used the PPK, what made this badass is not that it was such a huge "masculine" gun but rather because it was such a tiny underpowered gun. He was a badass because he prefered to use it over something with more power because he was just that good. I'm sure all of you who have played Goldeneye for the 64 remember how small and inneffective it was. I'm not wanting this gun for "big boom" but rather to hone my skills with. As a secondary funtion i'd like to have a concealable weapon should the need to carry ever pop up. Nothing wrong with being prepared, and I intend to take my carry course sometime soon as I am now of age to get one.
Last edited by Aonaran on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I'm sure when you were a child you at some point probrably picked up a bb gun and spent an afternoont shooting a coke can around the yard. Then maybe when you were older (in middle school or so) you got a pellet gun and did the same. This is no different. So if you shot a bb gun in your youth does this mean you were trying to prove your masculinity? Of course not, it was something fun to do.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

What practical use does the ownership of a gun have to offer? Perhaps wasting more money by shooting fixed targets to acquire some degree of accuracy, or polish your aim. Or maybe for cheer amusement. A sense of entertainment i cannot grasp however.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

You have obviously never lived on America's mean streets, congoid :salute:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Get a knife. You can carve your emblem into your victim's flesh with it, hardcore. B) :zorro-matrix:
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

ApTyp wrote:9x18mm is more powerful than .380
How would you compare the rounds? (I guess what I mean is could you elaborate on the above statement)
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

No shit. I live in one of the more criminal cities of my country, yet i never felt the need for a firearm.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Lynxer, aren't you supposed to be a negro? All of you know how to use guns and know which ones are cheap and good. Just sell him a piece. :chew:
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Haha, I'm only a negro in ApTyp's perverted fantasies.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Use your hands. That way you can tear out your foe's larynx and eat it in front of them as they choke on their blood and go into shock. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

ApTyp wrote:It's funny how people spend $400 for a new video card and $100 for new memory every year or so just to be able to spend $50 on a new game every month or two, but $500 for a good handgun (that has a lot of resale value, and can easily last you a lifetime) is supposedly a waste of paper? Give me a break...
Each money to his own (or something, wtf?) I guess :) It's not that you couldn't waste your money on whatever you feel is good, forever and most importantly resellable. Many of us just feel better holding that sophisticated and sexy piece of electronics next to their fat man tits instead of embracing a long, hard metal rod of spitting death and doom.
You have obviously never lived on America's mean streets, congoid
And because every congoid around is carrying a gun, you got to be careful. The best way to fight a nuclear war is to own so many missiles that the neighbor has to buy even more, eventually leading into massive circle of hate and envy and when that stupid Ivan accidently sits on the red button, the fiery flames of hell flush over the globe and... um, uh I think the logic broke somewhere along the way, but I guess that's the way of the America's mean streets :salute:
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Lynxer wrote:What practical use does the ownership of a gun have to offer? Perhaps wasting more money by shooting fixed targets to acquire some degree of accuracy, or polish your aim. Or maybe for cheer amusement. A sense of entertainment i cannot grasp however.
Static targets aren't the only kind of sport shooting there is. There is also trap and skeet, tactical shooting and cowboy action shooting for those who are into that. And yeah, a sense of improvement and increase of skill is pretty much the reason for most sports. Why the fuck do people play golf or enjoy archery? Same reason. Only unlike golf and archery I get that added "bang" of sending a lead projectile down a barrel at ungodly speeds by way of violent explosion. It's the same as Vx's post about making a flame thrower, or those people who make potato cannons (like myself). It's fucking fun shit man.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

So if you shot a bb gun in your mouth does this mean you were trying to prove your masculinity?
yes

Why don't you just use a .22 anyway gosh, it's not like you're hunting bear or sharks. Or carry around a rape whistle in case some junkie addict tries to steal your handbag :(
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

At the end of the day, I'd much rather stab someone with a shard of glass and populate the wound with glass fragments than shoot them. Infinitely more enjoyable. :drunk:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

it's OG Aptyp in da house B)