Writing a PA book, need advice/input

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Don't forget slavery. Especially white-slave trade! Mothers separeted from their children for a lifelong tour of work in slavery.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It's lot like your advices are of any use, assholes D:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Comic Currency

Post by 4too »

Comic Currency

Prolix.

Depending on the level of irony you want to forge, manipulate your PA economy to be based on some not so obvious means of exchange.

Barter is always expected, but the ''tokens'' of currency, like the bottle caps in FO1,
including the Nuka Cola bottle caps, were a nice touch.

A rationalization why ''old age'' dollars may NOT be negotiable?

Ahh, all the federal reserve banks were blown sky high, or looted.
It rained money.
Having a high cloth fiber content it's commodity value changed when soft paper became scare. It's more valuable as toilet paper than as money.

I am certain that this forum could furnish other monetary exchanges.

4too
Prolix
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Comic Currency

Post by Prolix »

4too wrote:Comic Currency

Prolix.

Depending on the level of irony you want to forge, manipulate your PA economy to be based on some not so obvious means of exchange.

Barter is always expected, but the ''tokens'' of currency, like the bottle caps in FO1,
including the Nuka Cola bottle caps, were a nice touch.

A rationalization why ''old age'' dollars may NOT be negotiable?

Ahh, all the federal reserve banks were blown sky high, or looted.
It rained money.
Having a high cloth fiber content it's commodity value changed when soft paper became scare. It's more valuable as toilet paper than as money.

I am certain that this forum could furnish other monetary exchanges.

4too
There probably would not be many old age dollars left after a few years, since the average age is 1.5 years in circulation. Dollars aren't backed up anymore anyway, but they still have the same value. If anything, I think they'd become incredibly valuable, and alternative currency would be used only because there aren't enough dollars.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

You could also have a group of roving shithead punks that dispite the post apoc landscape and grim outlook on life refuse to take anything serious and make "witty" nonsensical jokes out of whatever is said to them. They could each have bizarre names like wez, toecutter and lord humungus but those are already taken I believe. Perhaps trauma, megatron, blargh, etc could work? They could be your comic relief trolls.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

If your characters know the world before, face them with choices that never would have arisen before, like kill hungry and poor people because they want the character's food. Fight battles with other humans to death. Do we keep the survivors or not? Will they backstab us? Character development is good.

If they were born or know only that world, show what's going on in a the head of the character's head. Is it an insctinct for him to kill? What do they do when they face things from the "Old World" they don't know about? Etc...

Put gore. Lots of it. Arms flewn around, brains splattered on the clothes. :evil_laugh:

Create some original Wasteland-roaming groups, maybe more than fucked-ups punk.

Black(dark?) humor can be good also. You can also make a sarcastic character.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

You couldn't do too bad by just plaguarizing Thundarr the Barbarian.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin