The Firearms Thread

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Are you drunk? I wasn't talking about you.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

NOW IM SEE THE ERROR.
VERY HIGH. WORKS.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

ApTyp wrote:Haha, I'm not falling for this one, Antimeasure. Good try, though.
Well should this somehow errupt into the all out ideological warfare this thread's predecessor was we'll have to coax Mandy back on so that we can once more shame him off into a cave somewhere.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Antimeasure wrote:
ApTyp wrote:I now only consider guns for self-defense, because there are way too many violent idiots and imbeciles out there.
You're such a retard for just posting such a dumbassed comment, what if noone had a gun to start with? Guns are fun, but Usa Should stop being so fucking careless with them. Start with not selling guns to civilians.
ROFL BKUZ U NO LIEK NO CRIMEZ R CUMMITTED W/ ILLEEEGALLY PERCHASED FIREGUNARMS N E WAI RITE? O WATE. DAT MAKES U RONG. ROFL.

Guns make me smile on the inside. Some day I will own many. :drunk:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Antimeasure wrote:what if noone had a gun to start with? Guns are fun, but Usa Should stop being so fucking careless with them. Start with not selling guns to civilians.
Oh, but the world would be such a boring place without guns and violence. Chaos leads to evolution.
ApTyp wrote:is like telling Fallout fan "hey guy, Fallout is OLD, just move on to something better".
That's exactly what I'd tell. Is there someone who is still playing Fallout seriously? It is so overrated. And OLD.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

VasikkA wrote:
Antimeasure wrote:what if noone had a gun to start with? Guns are fun, but Usa Should stop being so fucking careless with them. Start with not selling guns to civilians.
Oh, but the world would be such a boring place without guns and violence. Chaos leads to evolution.
Yeah, I've always said that getting shot and mugged in some dark patriotic alley is an experience everyone should go through! It's so *totally* worth it!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What the hell is a patriotic alley :che: ?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

the place where true patriots are born
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Patriotic ladies raped by patriotic men of honor :salute:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Men of honor rape women? :party:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

In Japan, maybe.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's just like saying hello D;
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Aonaran wrote:
PiP wrote:Guns evoke in the mind the images of violence, power, killing, etc.
If you are ignorant or a killer.
No. I was talking about their inherent properties, their primary, original function and its resulting effect on the average mind.
I am neither.
that's a given. (if that's correct English ;) )
I use guns for shooting sports like general target practice, recreational plinking, trap and skeet. Because of this that is how I think of guns, within the context of how I use them.
I understand you use guns this way, but come on, seeing guns only this way would be fooling yourself. Think of how and why guns were invented and have developed, think of their primary purpose.
Using guns in 'sport' is just some softcore ersatz for those who find guns appealing, but don't just want to shoot people - that's what appears to me at least.
Aptyp wrote:Semi-automatics, on the other hand, bring out the inner geek in me. Same reason you'd love a well-made bike, or a well-written program.
I dig it, any sophisticated piece of stuff can be fancy, like... a MotherBoard when I took a good looka at it for the first time.. or something..

(edit: a bit deleted fot the thread's 'beauty')
you might be right Kash, you might be right...
Last edited by PiP on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Now you've done it! Shite. All we can do now is wait for the gun zealot flamers to arrive and pray.

Rest in peace, thread, you were beautiful until page seven.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

This is why I nominate myself for GD moderator! D;
PiP

Post by PiP »

ApTyp wrote:This is why I nominate myself for GD moderator! D;
this pretty much reminds me o Ethan from CtrlAltDel :giggle:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

If I was a GD mod this thread wouldn't take place, but then that's probably also why I'm not a GD mod D;
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

I would sow salt all over GD so that nothing grows or flourishes. Watch the wasteland grow.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

PiP wrote:I was talking about their inherent properties, their primary, original function and its resulting effect on the average mind.
This is true I suppose, but was the original purpose of a Bow not to kill as well? If someone tells me they are into archery I don't suddenly have the urge to pick their brain to find some deep seeded psychological basis for their hobby. I blame this stigma on, amongst many other things, politicians trying to make a name for themselves by preaching the evils of guns and gun ownership so they can be the almighty hero crusading against their foul, putrid existence. Not to say i'm against gun laws. There are plenty of idiots out there and the proper failsafes need to be installed so that they can never rise to power. Ideally gun control laws should prevent them from ever gaining this power while at the same time allowing them room to accidentally blow their heads off cleaning their loaded weapons.
PiP wrote:(if that's correct English ;) )
Quite correct.
PiP wrote:I understand you use guns this way, but come on, seeing guns only this way would be fooling yourself. Think of how and why guns were invented and have developed, think of their primary purpose.
Using guns in 'sport' is just some softcore ersatz for those who find guns appealing, but don't just want to shoot people - that's what appears to me at least.
I'll admit I would love to go on a killing spree, I think any guy would. Don't think we have quite evolved past that yet. However I at no point consider doing so. That is what violent video games are for, to supplant those lingering primitive urges. I do harbor certain fantasies about the post apocalypse as the chaos and anarchy would provide proper justification for said "spree." Can't just go shootin' folks for no reason though, now can we? That said i'll also say this; i'm not the type going around looking for a reason.
Last edited by Aonaran on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I'd agree with Aonaran on killing spree. Every once in a while everyone gets an urge to waste the arrogant assholes who ruin their day. But such crimes are very rare, which should tell you something. Guns just don't have that kind of hold over me. I might change my opinion when they begin selling those roaring, flashing plasma blasters though, heh...