Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

You didn't play much if you don't remember the grappling hook - it was a major part of the series.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The first Tenchu was pretty nifty. I don't recall much of the sequels though, so I guess I didn't like them much. I remember the first one had a good blend of assassination and hack n'slash.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The third one was the best, it had a really good combination. The second one was iffy though and as for the new one, I have no idea.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Wolfman Walt wrote:You didn't play much if you don't remember the grappling hook - it was a major part of the series.
The name of the one I played is Tenchu: Return from Darkness. Most likely the only one in the series that sucked. It was okay for a while but got very repetitive and the storyline was silly.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Something Id like to see in FO3 is better implementaion of factions.

In FO2 you could join the slavers, a reno gang (well, all of em but the point remains), the NCR rangers, vault city and prolly more that Im too tired to remember this time of night.

Most of em had a few quests then youre done.

Id like to see this expanded in FO3.

have multiple factions you can join.
have some co-exist, like being a slaver then joining the mordino's
Have being a member of one faction severly limit or cut out interaction with whole ares, or at least cut off access to a area.
And have it be a SHITLOAD of quests, each with multiple solutions and consequences. preferble 1-3 possible random aftermath's for each quest, to keep it new playthru after playthru.

But do all that without making it shallow.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That's a request out of this universe D:
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

The multiple factions are pretty likely considering that Beth is into those things. The severe limits and multiple solutions are much less likely.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Factions? Hell no, I wanna the lone rider. Like the Road Warrior. B)
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

lynch mobs.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'd amass an army of ghouls, and plot-twist it all in the end - driving them all off a cliff and into extinction.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

baby arm wrote:The multiple factions are pretty likely considering that Beth is into those things. The severe limits and multiple solutions are much less likely.
Yeah and meaning you can join every single faction and rise to the top of each without any conflicts or repurcussions at all.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I want a dialog system where you dont have to read things long responses you can give but you can just click a word that is related to what you want to ask. Make it kinda like a search engine so its a hella a lot easier and more fun.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I want a dialog system where you dont have to read things long responses you can give but you can just click a word that is related to what you want to ask. Make it kinda like a search engine so its a hella a lot easier and more fun.
Like in Ultima 7? Except for the search engine part.

What do you guys think of voice acting? I know Oblivion has quite a lot of it, so I expect Fuckup 3 to follow the same road. However, finding enough talented voice actors could be a problem. The PC shouldn't have a voice, as the main character in Fallout games has always been something of a mystary or a twisted reflection of your mind. Unless they implement some crazy voice command system.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Logically it is much simpler to not voice the player character. Allows greater freedom to write and re-write, less concern for the ever growing voice actor fees.

Personally, I loath voice acting. It all sounds fundamentally the same to my ears, leading to a deterioration of individual characterisation as they all bleed into one another. Combined with frequently stilted plots and dialogue, this often contributes most significantly to a thoroughly weary experience. Or so they said. I prefer to paint my own sounds.

Of course, there will be voice acting.

But then, 15 out of 9 indicates that I won't be playing Fallout 3, so it is unlikely to upset me, too much. :drunk:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Beth could hire a few bums to standby a phoneline, and make the game call them up through the power of tha interweb every time you opened a dialogue. That would probably be the most fluent dialogue system. Sure, it would fuck the speech skill up quite a bit, but they're probably planning to do that anyway.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I pretty much agree with Blargh on this. Just get Ron Perlman to do the narrating in the intro, and don't use any voice acting.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I liked the Master's voice acting. :blowme:

I think some NPCs could have voice, but they'd have to be good. Gives the characters more significance. Anyway, it's better to have no voice at all than shitty voice acting. Fallouts had decent voice acting though, compared to other games.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Let's have Richard Dean Anderson (also known as.. MacGyver :che:) do all the voices.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Arnold Schwarzenegger could voice Harry, the super mutant.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Did you look up Schwarzenegger on google to spell it right?