The Movies, Music, and Games thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

It's pimpin' time again :lalala:

Music: Audioscrobbler says Apocalyptica and Machinae Supremacty, it lies terribly though :chew:
Song: what
Books: What were these again? Pratchett, Vonnegut, the usual stuff
Games: Too many
Movies: I like even most shittiest of them, but Batman: Begins and The Day After Tommorow really sucked

So there :clap:
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What? Batman : Begins was pretty good. sure, it wasn't Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson and Tim Burton, but it was still entertaining.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Entertaining? Maybe - I was fucking laughing my ass off seeing Batman in a Shaolin Temple. So I guess it was.
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Bah, you need to be able to see this new serie of Batman movies as a totaly different serie than the first ones.

New story, new Batman, etc.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Nah, Haris listens to Bertine Zetlitz. D:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Michael Keaton sucked. Both in the old batmans and in the new one there were some things I liked dark atmosphere, penguin) and some I didn't (the Jim Carrey and Arnold buttman was the suck)
atoga wrote:What kinda free/nu jazz do you like, PiP?
mostly jazzanova, skalpel, the phazz, verve remixed, nu yorica, st. germain, incognito, lamb, us3, bill frisell, lemon jelly, some Me'Shell NdegeOcello; also H. Hancock's 'possibilities' totally kicks ass (well some tracks at leat), tho it's not really nu/free j. Other (non-traditional?) stuff I fancy include M. Davis's "Bitches Brew" and Keith Jarret's "Koln Concert"
Last edited by PiP on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Batmans I & II were awesome and I also liked Batman: Begins... Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sucked ass, though.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Batman doesn't hold up well at all. Keaton doesn't fit the part, he plays Bruce Wayne like he plays the labor manager in "Gung Ho." Just awful. Also Kim Basinger pretty much just plays the dim slut she plays in most every other movie she is in, so nothing new there. I remember liking the film but going back for a second viewing a few weeks ago was a mistake.

Batman Begins was just alright but visually and character wise it was an amazing sucess. What I didn't like was that despite the atypical character development and amazing visual style the action scenes were relatively bland and unoriginal. The movie also had far to many comic relief moments that were also very unoriginal and particularly unfunny, queering alot of the dark elements of the film instead of offering a tasteful counterbalance.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Kashluk wrote:Batmans I & II were awesome and I also liked Batman: Begins... Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sucked ass, though.

I agree with this statement.

I don't care if they fit the comic book fact base of swell guy. I just like decent movies.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I personally have never read a batman comic (until years after seeing the first two movies, Return of the Dark Knight I believe it was) so I can say strongly that I am not a fan of the comic book nor that I know shit about the facts of the storyline. I just think they were bad movies that don't hold up well over time, shit the bat jet scenes looked straight out of Ed Wood.

(fake) edit: Actually I can't even say that about both of them, only the first as it is the only one i've seen recently.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Most of the scenes Batman I were kick-ass just because of the style.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

The score was good and so was the actor that played Alfred, although I think he was under utilized. That is about all that comes to mind though.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The movie with marlon brando, robert Deniro, and edward norton? Brando stole the show again :)
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Nein, I don't remember a character named Alfred in that movie. I was referring to the first Batman and it's musical score.
Devil_Starr
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Devil_Starr »

S4ur0n27:

What? Batman : Begins was pretty good. sure, it wasn't Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson and Tim Burton, but it was still entertaining.

That explains why your a fuckin moron.
"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed."
PiP

Post by PiP »

go back to oregon D;
Devil_Starr
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Devil_Starr »

Belive me If I could leave i would, but that is not under my controll. But Oregon is still better then Polland D;
"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed."
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

:cyclops:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Lunchmeat, you are a rare and subversive genius.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Your praise means the universe to me, atoga. :tetter: