Game you will play this summer

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Isn't Diablo II...old? And not that good?
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Diablo 2 is pretty ace on Battle.net 'specially when you're playing with a group of friends
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Diablo 2 is absolute crap but it's still fun. I have no idea how the fuck it works.
Serious Business.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

5 million Koreanese can't be wrong, or can they? No they can't.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Rattlecage, 1967 - Never forget.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

kickass game. you even get to experience the enemy interogator sticking bamboo sticks under your nails. who needs soil erosion after that?
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

VasikkA wrote:5 million Koreanese can't be wrong, or can they? No they can't.
Actually, I don't know anything about the Asian realm (There are 4 realms, Asia, Europe, USWest and USEast), since I play on Europe (also tried USEast for a bit). Anyway, Europe is the most played realm (duh), things are still pretty lively here, in comparison to USEast which I found semi-dead and rotten. Anyway, I would not recommend anyone starting before the new ladder reset (coming in August, I hope), because two lag dupe methods have gone public and all kinds of noobs are lagging up the servers. I'll give you guys more info once Blizzard fixes it (hopefully).

Anyway, if anyone decides to play, I can hook you up with some starting equipment (USEast as well, if my account hasn't expired yet, lol), rushes, etc.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Naked_Lunch wrote:Diablo 2 is pretty ace on Battle.net 'specially when you're playing with a group of friends
That is true.

I find that the Monkey Island games have been working their way into my summer game repertoire.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Nicolai wrote:Rattlecage, 1967 - Never forget.
:salute: We should totally start playing again, mang. Those were some good times back in the day
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Well, so far I'm battling with Lego Digital Designer. Fun, but can be completely retarded sometimes.
Serious Business.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Naked_Lunch wrote:
:salute: We should totally start playing again, mang. Those were some good times back in the day
Bet you'd just wind up cheeling in the cow level all day long again. :aiee:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Nicolai wrote:
Naked_Lunch wrote:
Bet you'd just wind up cheeling in the cow level all day long again. :aiee:
Wow, you guys must have played a long time ago. Now, no-one really does the Cow level any more (ever since patch 1.10 came out, ~3 years ago), because it does not give that much experience any more. Now it's all about Baaling (well, as you get to higher levels, you use alternative leveling tactics).

But by all means, if any of you decide to get back in, and play Europe ladder, whisper me *AOL-Frater and I'll sort you out.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I played everything from basic version to 1.10, I've seen hell, son, believe me.
I'm done with the war and found my peace finally. :salute:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Thor Kaufman wrote:I played everything from basic version to 1.10, I've seen hell, son, believe me.
I'm done with the war and found my peace finally. :salute:
Blah, the Hell only started in 1.10 (The current version is 1.11b).
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

What's wrong the cows? D:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Naked_Lunch wrote:What's wrong the cows? D:
They simply don't give enough experience any more. In 1.10, the game was entirely restructured, it's nothing like what it used to be like before. Also, there are no more hacked and 1.08 items (very, VERY few, and most of those are on non-ladder).

The leveling system was made a lot more difficult. Beforehand, it used to be that you get experience according to your character level (higher level, you get more exp, etc), but now you get experience calculated by the area level and your level (area levels were introduced).

For example, highest area levels found in the game are 85 (Chaos Sanctuary, Throne of Destruction, the Pits, the Ancient Tunnels, and so forth). Now, you get the most experience out of these areas when you are level 85, as the level gap between you and the area gets larger, you will get less and less experience (by the way, superuniques' level is area level +2, or so). Therefore, as you get to levels like 95, you will only be getting 5% of the experience that you used to get. That's when leveling becomes extremely difficult and you will have to use alternative tactics (soloing hell chaos sanctuary in an 8 player game, while everyone else is killing Baal's minions, sharing Baal's experience with fewer people (Baal is lvl 99, so he is pretty much your only constant source of experience, but he gives very, very little anyway).

With the new leveling system, you fixed such things as lvl 1 chars being rushed to Hell cows, and when they joined a hell cowrun, they got like 30 levels in 1 run.

However, it is still possible to glitch rush a lvl 1 char to hell (some new restrictions were introduced by Blizzard, however all of those can also be bypassed in one way or another) and then Chaos him, instead of cowing. Experience comes slower, but at least you won't have to bother with choosing which area to level in.

However, cows are still a good place for item hunting, simply because of their high level and treasure class (better drops), and because of the sheer number of them.

If you are interested in "cowing" as it's called, make a light sorc. Ever since synergies were introduced, light sorcs can deal out the most damage in the entire game.

Also, Paladins are now actually an useful class, etc.

edit: however, the game, especially the PvP system was made a lot more balanced with the introduction of new runewords, such as Enigma, which gives Teleport, so you can teleport with any class, not only sorceresses.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Well then, I guess there's just no more point to play Diablo 2 anymore
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Naked_Lunch wrote:Well then, I guess there's just no more point to play Diablo 2 anymore
On the contrary, it got a whole load better!
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

not really, the only good pvp was in d2 classic, like since 1.08(?) you need to play for like forever to get any decent equip, it sucks
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Dude, if there's no point to cowing then there's no point to Diablo 2