Game you will play this summer

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Naked_Lunch wrote:Dude, if there's no point to cowing then there's no point to Diablo 2
There is point in cowing, it's just not as widespread.
edit: for example, cowing is one of the best source for runes (Y)
Thor Kaufman wrote:not really, the only good pvp was in d2 classic, like since 1.08(?) you need to play for like forever to get any decent equip, it sucks
Well, depends. My clanmate started playing again after taking a long break and he got godly equip back in 3 days. And this was on HC. I guess that luck does play a role, but in my opinion, it's easier to get rich now, than it was back then.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Strange how you so thrived in your ignorance of the futility of your cowage back in the good old days. :che:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Nicolai wrote:Strange how you so thrived in your ignorance of the futility of your cowage back in the good old days. :che:
The fun behind cowage was when you had your amazing amazon, pulled together a screenful of cows and slaughtered them all with a few Javelins. It's not as primitive any more, but you also get equal slaughters. It's actually challenging now, so gets some adrenaline up as well ~~
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Diablo II? What have you guys been smoking? :M
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

jell-o
metallix
Regular
Regular

Post by metallix »

ot really, the only good pvp was in d2 classic, like since 1.08(?) you need to play for like forever to get any decent equip, it sucks
That's why ladder resets are SO eagerly awaited. That's where all fun is at.
Plus, PvP is not really the only thing worth doing in D2. Ladder-climbing with a hardcore character is damn fun now that the difficulty is greately increased.
If it's killing HC your thing, then PK all the way. Though it does need a bit of twinkling.
CRPG.ru Staff
Concept artist at VoodooFusion
TeamX :: CGSociety :: RPG Codex :: TCancer :: ZBrushCentral
AKA Atrokkus
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I dunno, I don't touch multiplayer, so I don't care
Serious Business.
metallix
Regular
Regular

Post by metallix »

I would touch it more, but my internet connection sucks ass.
Funny thing that I played Diablo2 more in singleplayer rather than in MP, and it took me a LONG while to grow bored of SP! I dread the thought of having a cable connection... I would probably be a bum by now, i guess.
CRPG.ru Staff
AKA Atrokkus
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

I used to play Diablo II SP for years (god damn Swiss mountain school, no internet connection), but once I finished school and got on proper bnet, my god, it's a totally different experience. In SP, it's hard, because you have to get all of your stuff manually (legitimate SP I'm talking about), also, you can forget about runewords such as Engima (without which most builds are useless).

Oh and Metallix, HC TPPK is for fucktards.

Really, the game has changed so much since 1.09. For example, I'll post a picture here of one of my Enigmas:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

That's a pretty shitty enigma
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

For me the game simply ends at Normal; I'm not going to put up with the retarded Blizzard's policy on what difficulty is.
Serious Business.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

I've been playing through on single player and I thought I'd try the Sorceress. Is it usual that I'm at the third act and no-one seems to be selling mana potions?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

boywoos wrote:I've been playing through on single player and I thought I'd try the Sorceress. Is it usual that I'm at the third act and no-one seems to be selling mana potions?
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p

Download 1.11b.

Vendors only started selling mana pots 1.10 onwards.

Anyway, what sorc are you making? Cold/Light/Fire? I would not suggest a hybrid. Decide on one and I'll tell you how to build one lol.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Lightning, I'm pretty much just maxing out the initial lighning spell and warmth. It's only my first playthrough as a Sorceress, I think I'm at level 18.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Battle For Middle-Earth 2
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Naked_Lunch wrote:That's a pretty shitty enigma
i put mine into a breast plate, hardcore :che:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

boywoos wrote:Lightning, I'm pretty much just maxing out the initial lighning spell and warmth. It's only my first playthrough as a Sorceress, I think I'm at level 18.
Hahaha, putting points into Warmth? This won't get you out of Normal. You now are in the twisted world of Blizzard, where logic doesn't apply.
Also, cold is the best, hands down.

Go here and pick yourself up a build before it's too late.
Serious Business.
metallix
Regular
Regular

Post by metallix »

Single element sorcs are doomed. Unless you don't plan playing beyond Nightmare difficulty, that is -- which is pretty dumb, because Hell is where it's all at.

Bielementalist is the way to go, plus a merc for the pesky monsters taht are immune to both elements you are using.
Trielementalist is only for the seasoned players, because they are extremely hard to plan out and level.
CRPG.ru Staff
AKA Atrokkus
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Tri are impossible to make.

How many cold immunes are there on NM? I've been thinking of making pure Blizzardess, it's damage is crazy and it has three fucking synergies. This would be catastrophic proportions char(I don't care for Hell).
Serious Business.
metallix
Regular
Regular

Post by metallix »

How many cold immunes are there on NM? I've been thinking of making pure Blizzardess, it's damage is crazy and it has three fucking synergies. This would be catastrophic proportions char(I don't care for Hell).
NM is a cakewalk for a coldsorc. You could as well focus entirely on Frozen Orb, it's not much worse, really. Sometimes even easier to use.
Damage is not an issue in NM, so both spells will shatter almost everything in their way.
No cold immunes I can think of.

Cold sorc is perfect for a starting character when you need starting items bad. Just do quick NM baal-runs or meph-runs and you'll be well-stocked in no time.
Tri are impossible to make.
No. They are not as cookie-cutting, but it's possible to make one. Read some guides, eh.
CRPG.ru Staff
AKA Atrokkus