July 4th

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

July 4th

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

What are you doing on July 4th? My dad will probably find some task to do or something "fun" that we can do together.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Same thing you did on July 1st.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I'll pm Spazmo saying he's fat, and end it with a :salute: emote.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

my parents are probably gonna throw a party or something but me and my friends will just cheel in my basement and jack off
metallix
Regular
Regular

Post by metallix »

We don't celebrate July 4 in Kazakhstan, no.
CRPG.ru Staff
Concept artist at VoodooFusion
TeamX :: CGSociety :: RPG Codex :: TCancer :: ZBrushCentral
AKA Atrokkus
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

i would strip to my boxers and lie in front of the TV, nibble on some NJ cherries and homegrown tomatoes, then drink cranberry vodka and go to bed early cause July 5 is first day on my new job.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Lift overweight children on top of the firetruck so that they can scream and cry through the ride.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

refit the fallout shelter with booze and stims. prepare for ww3 which starts tomorrow. 1200 gmt.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

play FO2 and clean the apartment
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I'll post on DAC, business as usual B)
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Die of cancer. B)
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

I guess I'll do the same I did last year.

I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Antimeasure wrote:I guess I'll do the same I did last year.

Don't forget:

There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I will have a lot of "fun"
Serious Business.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

From now on, this thread is about the "foreign accent syndrome".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3235934.stm
The first case of foreign accent syndrome was reported in 1941 in Norway, after a young Norwegian woman suffered shrapnel injury to the brain during an air raid.

Initially, she had severe language problems from which she eventually recovered. However, she was left with what sounded like a strong German accent and was ostracized by her community.
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

aww
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Please, now people will think she's smarter and more cultured. What's the problem?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Antimeasure wrote:I guess I'll do the same I did last year.

If the US flag touches the ground it is required to burn it.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#5

*SUGGESTED PROCEDURE FOR INDIVIDUALS TO USE IN PRIVATE OR PUBLIC FOR DISPOSING OF A TORN, SOILED, OR BADLY FADED U.S. FLAG.

1. The Flag should be folded in its customary manner. (See current Program Chairman's booklet or VFW ritual.)

2. It is important that the fire be sizeable and of sufficient intensity to ensure complete burning of the Flag.

3. Place the Flag on the fire.

4. The individual (s) can come to attention, salute the Flag, recite the Pledge of Allegiance and have a brief period of silent reflection.

5. After the flag is completely consumed, the fire should then be safely extinguished and the ashes buried.

6. Please make sure you are conforming to local/state fire codes or ordinances.

The most dignified method of disposal for an old, torn or damaged flag is burning, but burying the flag is also acceptable, as long as the flag is placed in a closed container so it is never again exposed to the elements or public view. Throwing a flag in the trash is certainly not the right way to go about it.

Flag burning cermonies can vary; there is no one set ceremony used by all groups that regularly do flag retirement ceremonies. The key is that flags are usually burned in small, semi-private ceremonies and in a dignified way, so that this respectful ceremony can't be confused with some other kind of flag burning.

That said, flags can be burned in a wood fire or in a barrel, which might be better if you don't know what the flags are made of or what they might have come in contact with in the landfill. Polyester melts as it burns and the hot, sticky ash can stick to skin, so burning it in a barrel and keeping everyone a safe distance from it might be helpful for everyone's safety.

Nylon melts and then burns very quickly. Burning nylon can release toxic fumes; it may even be illegal to burn in some cities. Check with your local scouts and American Legion to see if anyone has a program for safely incinerating such flags.

If you want to have your own flag retirement ceremony, get the fire going strongly before you start. The National Flag Foundation suggests burning your fire down to a bed of embers before burning the flag so that little bits of the flag won't be swept away by the fire.

If your flags are folded, they should be in a rectangle instead of a triangle shape. Flags may also be cut into pieces to be burned, but be careful not to cut any of the blue field, which represents the Union and should never be severed.

Burn one flag at a time, though you can burn more than one in one ceremony. How you carry out your ceremony depends on you. You can salute each flag as they go into the fire, recite the Pledge of Allegiance, sing patriotic songs, or whatever you like. Remember to safely extinguish the fire when you are done.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

The issue in flag burning isn't the burning itself, it comes down to perceived lack of dignity. Here's an excerpt from the relvevant regulation:
AR 840-11 wrote:h. Unserviceable flags. Unserviceable flags will not be used for banners or any other purpose. When a flag is no longer suitable for display, it will not be cast aside or used in any way that may be viewed as disrespectful. If not preserved as specified in chapters 2, 5, 6, and 10, it will be destroyed privately, preferably by burning, shredding or by some other method that does not show irreverence or disrespect to the flag.
You will note, however, that this pertains to unserviceable flags, not for simply touching the ground. While there are plenty of mentions of not letting Old Glory touch the ground in AR 840-11 there is no mention of destroying it simply because it touched the ground. I also remember from my Sergeant's Board study guide that this was a common misconception.

OTB

PS Personally, I don't give a shit one way or the other. People can speak of how people have died for this flag or that one, but that's a crock: no dies for a rag...
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

My uncle died for a sock in Vietnam. :neverforget:
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>