Joker for the next batman movie revealed

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Image
Holy mackerel, Thor! I saw that one a couple of weeks ago. To the batmobile!

Lets hope they add this to the new movie:
Batman: The Movie wrote:Catwoman: Marry me, Batman!
Batman: But what about Robin?
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

they will make the ultimate batman movie. with everything dark, depressing and doomed. batman on antidepressants kickin brainfluids over the walls. mumbling a total of three words in the movie. 'suck properly boy-wonder.' otherwise it's nuclear holocaust raining down in every color ever invented.

Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Willem Dafoe would be an incredible Joker!
Heath Ledger is not a bad actor, he just makes crappy movies. Maybe this movie will give him some credibility among the male audience.
Brokeback mountain didn't help him any. Even though he was actually good in the movie.

All he's done are chick movies because let's face it_ he's a handsome dude. If I could act and I was not wierd looking I would do chick movies too. That's where all the money's at.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I was not wierd looking
I am not even going to bother with standard phrases. You know what I'm getting at.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Post pictures! I love weird looking people.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

atoga wrote:Post pictures! I love weird looking people.
www.mingers.com

A few years ago, we sent them the picture of this guy from our school, he even get the Minger Of The Week award, but I think that they've taken him down now :(
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

god's finest creations. nice hall of fame.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

http://www.mingers.com/images/coogan_minger.jpg

Why does he remind me of Blargh so much?
Rakkasan240B
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rakkasan240B »

I don't believe that casting is locked in. Especially since the director and script aren't locked in yet.

Regardless, Heath Ledger didn't make Brokeback, he only starred in it. I doubt he'll "gay up" anything, since actors have VERY little control over a picture. The director is the one who shapes the film (so as long as Ang Lee stays away, "teh gay" should as well).
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Actors sometimes put on a certain image for themselves, which is why they're typecasted. The moment Heath Ledger became a gay cowboy, it'll be what he's remembered for and often associated with. If this were a "Heath Ledger is rumoured to be the next superman" thread, the first thing in a variety of people's minds would be if supermans being in the closet was in line with his sexuality rather then his secret identity.

Christopher Nolan is confirmed as the director. Some of the casting has been locked in, such as Christian Bale.

Being that a number of sources have confirmed Heath Ledger, it's looking more likely. Supposibily it'll be announced at Comic Con, so I suppose we'll know if it's true later on this week.

Actors have a lot of control over the picture being that they're the FOCUS of the picture, they just don't have creative control.

While we're at it, while Ledger didn't literally make the movie - alot of people said he "made it" in terms of quality. Unfortunetly I just didn't see it and felt he was a terrible actor. I've yet to see Heath Ledger do anything of real merit, Brokeback being his best attempt thus far.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I think the older and more respected the actor becomes the more control they have in the creativity process. They have leverage because they are the star power that will drive people to see the movie and the director doesn't want to piss them off. It also just depends on the actor and director, if you got a newbie director he will probably get bossed around sometimes by the actors.

Kinda like Brando changing Colonol Kurtz from a hillbilly to an intelligent guy. Atleast that what all the reports say and Francis was willing to change the script around anyways to make it better fit brando's new improved image.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Brando didn't really improve over the years D:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

maybe, but he sure was hardcore in Apocalypse Now
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Just rewatched the Burton Batman flicks. Grabs me by the throat every time, to be completely honest. The actors, the plots, the scenery -- encaptures and adds to the Batman we got from Miller and makes me very sad about the current batman bonanza we got going on. A stiff, masked anti-hero detective fighting symbolic criminals, ala the original concept is on it's way back to the 60's WHAM and BAM routine of political correctness and sloppy sure-sale conceptuality. Or rather, was on it's way back and is pretty much there, since, hell, that Kilmer rattle from 10 years ago.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, and Keaton was the ultimate Batman.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I have to agree. Everything but the hair.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

arnold would be the best batman ever. fat or pumped up wouldn't make any difference. zang. lucid dream took over for a while. arnold as the wault dweller. emerging from the cave with ratmeat and hair stuck between the upper front teeth. arnold on combat amphetamines. the blast.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i watched apocalypse now, it's pretty good. I forgot how good. 5 hours in and I'd forgotten all about the tiger bit and all that jazz, boy oh boy.

they should make...CGI BATMAN! LIKE THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES LMAO
:chew:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

which version did you watch? reduc or olskool?

cgi batman... holy batnipples! exactly boywonder.