System shock 3!

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

System shock 3!

Post by Mr. Teatime »

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ea-do ... -gamer-uk/

It's clearly going to be fantastic!
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

:(
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

Godfather developers? A System Shock game, this does not make. It's probably gonna be GTA in spaaaaaaaace.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

It will most certainly suck.

The only memory I have from the games, however faint due to me being very young and perhaps not even from the System Shock series at all, is being inside a hangar housing some offices and armouries and such, whereupon the player would exit the hangar to play a tank minigame. Does anyone recognize this setting and/or event even at the slightest?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I thought this was old news? And is Bioshock still being made Irrational then, or what? Bioshock sounded pretty cool...

Also, GTA in space is a wicked premise.

Postscript: did anybody play the godfather game? horrible or at all decent?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

It's like a cross between "Punisher" and "Grand Theft Auto".

I'm all for non-linear gameplay, but we all know GTA clones tend to run out of things to do pretty quickly.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Indeed. Still, does it have any redeeming features? Is it at least really stylish?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

I would give it a B. Plus, it's the freakin' Don. Don't disrespect by not playing, capise? The premise of the game is beating people up, just like in GTA, except now you can do combo moves and break people's knuckles, saw off their fingers and stick it into every hole in their body, and a few that didn't exist before. Ok, not that complex, but it's pretty much like Spiderman 2.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Sounds decent. I kind of want a decent beat-em-up while I wait for The Warriors to come out on PC.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It probably won't come to pc. It would of happened already if it was going to be.
Last edited by POOPERSCOOPER on Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

That's what I have always feared, but I'm still a believer.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

You totally replied before I edited my post to make it more proffessional.
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

Oh well. Anyone with a brain can tell that EA's SS3 is going to suck teh big onez!!11!1 compared to Bioshock.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

TinyTeeth wrote:It will most certainly suck.

The only memory I have from the games, however faint due to me being very young and perhaps not even from the System Shock series at all, is being inside a hangar housing some offices and armouries and such, whereupon the player would exit the hangar to play a tank minigame. Does anyone recognize this setting and/or event even at the slightest?
Um, no.

I'm too tired to process whether this is good news or not, but if they do anything to fuck up one of the few game franchises I give a crap about, I will hurt somebody.
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

I'm curious, has any game ever been announced that the group here didn't decide sight unseen that it would suck?
-Do we have anything resembling a plan?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I don't know who these fucks from joystiq are but if they're HAPPY that EA is making it, well, fuck you with a ten foot pole.
Serious Business.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

I'm curious, has any game ever been announced that the group here didn't decide sight unseen that it would suck?
I'm very excited about Bioshock. Many people here are, too.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I would at the risk of insincerity feign fitting surprise. However, my caring dissipated long, long ago. Two, distinct camps. Ambivalence and cautious lack of outright pessimism. Migration rates are usually stagnant.
Matt_Helm wrote:I'm curious, has any game ever been announced that the group here didn't decide sight unseen that it would suck?
No*. As a Group and over time we've become so hideously dependant upon the resultant bon mots that we, as a Group, simply cannot envisage any other course. That would be denial on several levels. How I chortle as the burning behind my eyes recedes. For now. :drunk:

*The alternative would simply be so utterly galling that the relief of tradition would be entirely ruined. Ruined.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i posted this in the replay system shock 2 thread you jerks never read anything :(
:chew:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Old news. Just block the rape out while directing your eyes towards Bioshock.