System shock 3!

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Matt_Helm wrote:I'm curious, has any game ever been announced that the group here didn't decide sight unseen that it would suck?
Years and years of letdowns and horrible announcements result in a certain hardiness (connotations intentional). An outsider could never fully understand.
Subhuman wrote:Um, no.
A pity. It was a good memory and placing it in the correct compartment would further enhance it, especially considering that it perhaps could be reenacted.
Blargh wrote:Migration rates are usually stagnant.
Which tells us nothing of the migration rates. Information requires supplemental work. Or else :gnasher:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

TinyTeeth wrote:requires
Oh ? How quaint. :drunk:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Blargh wrote:
TinyTeeth wrote:requires
Oh ? How quaint. :drunk:
I find it appalling that insolence (which includes reluctance to respond to priority inquiries) of or even approaching this calibre is even mildly tolerated. :indictment: lol
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

EA's really looking to fuck some jobs over big time. They won't even sell one copy, therefore the developers are riduculed and never hired again. Then EA realizes they screwed over this liscense and sells it off for big bucks before other publishers start seeing the light.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

TheShodan wrote:EA's really looking to fuck some jobs over big time. They won't even sell one copy, therefore the developers are riduculed and never hired again. Then EA realizes they screwed over this liscense and sells it off for big bucks before other publishers start seeing the light.
Reminds me of the very worst optimists of the Fallout 3 "complainant choir", to borrow a term from nightmares.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

TinyTeeth wrote:find
Really ?

Personally, I find it indicative of some benevolent, perfectionist, higher presence that hilarity has been so efficiently distilled into a container in the image of that most impious of vegetables. Almost.

In spite of this potential disappointment, perhaps Mother rather than Destroyer, the intent persists. :drunk:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Blargh wrote:
TinyTeeth wrote:find
Really ?

Personally, I find it indicative of some benevolent, perfectionist, higher presence that hilarity has been so efficiently distilled into a container in the image of that most impious of vegetables. Almost.

In spite of this potential disappointment, perhaps Mother rather than Destroyer, the intent persists. :drunk:
Septicism.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

needless to say, the phrase "system shock 3" sounds almost as exciting as "Fallout 3", but what will becopme of these games only sewer midget know, which is a said, said truism.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Matt_Helm wrote:I'm curious, has any game ever been announced that the group here didn't decide sight unseen that it would suck?
Pretty much. Bioshock and the two new Warhammer games are the only things I've got even a borderline interest in.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

PiP wrote:what will becopme of these games only sewer midget know
I heard a rumour they're adding "But sometimes war does change." to the end of the Fallout 3 intro movie. I'll give it a 1 of 5 chance rating.
PiP

Post by PiP »

:lol:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

PiP wrote::lol:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

St. Toxic wrote:
I heard a rumour they're adding "But sometimes war does change." to the end of the Fallout 3 intro movie. I'll give it a 1 of 5 chance rating.
Capital offence warning is where it's at. May I suggest we forward it to them.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

TinyTeeth wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:
Capital offence warning is where it's at. May I suggest we forward it to them.
It's probably bullshit, even Bethesda wouldn't be that stupid (I bet they are actually going to disprove me now).
PiP

Post by PiP »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:probably
Aegeri
Regular
Regular

Post by Aegeri »

I'll just pretend it doesn't exist like Deus Ex: Invisible War or Thief 3.
I have returned from my dark slumber....
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Aegeri wrote:I'll just pretend it doesn't exist like Deus Ex: Invisible War or Thief 3.
And FO:POS
PiP

Post by PiP »

oh come on don't put these three on a par. Thief 3 is decent-to-good, Deus Ex is poor, and FoBoS is utter crap; in fact, don't mention this abomination again :chainsaw:
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

PiP wrote:Thief 3 is decent-to-good,
Ahem... third person mode.

It became like any other sneaking game when they included that.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Thief 3 provided me with another inside-joke to secretly gag at -- "AIMA' THIEF!" -- so technically I don't give a rats ass. It's sort of like Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, which is one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen, yet provided me with so many situtations to laugh at, that it's safe to consider it a prominent comedy, or, rather, a prominent farce. I'm pretty sure the same applies to a good number of worthless games, and, while I haven't played it in person, FOBOS might well be one of them.