Fallout 3 rumourmill - the inevitable, or more non-news

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Zymedax
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zymedax »

"1st person perspective in Fallout 3," if Bethsoft announces this I will drive to their headquarters and piss on their front doorstep and fling crap on their windows. The only thing that should be first person in F3 is during conversations with NPCs. Bethsoft should know this, and if they pull away from Fallout tradition they will be committing corporate suicide. Using the Oblivion engine, well, that means F3 is going to look better, right? I hope they won't forget that its the story, dialogue, music, and watching body parts fly in all directions when hit with a rocket, or being melted from a plasma shot, that was most enjoyable from the game. As well as quests and different ways to solve them, because if its going to be a RPG then there should be more than one way to find a solution. I'm starting to lose faith that Bethsoft will accurately portray F3 as a RPG, in the old school sense, such as character creation, and environmental and atmospheric elements that were in F1 & F2. Because, if there are no hookers, swearing, and theiving kids (to "punish") then they will have established themselves as a company that does not want your business. They will have essentially just flipped you off and told you to go back to your forums and vent your anger. If they are smart, they will have the option to turn off or on adult themed context and images. They will allow you the choice to see prostitutes on the street, the option to see bloody death animations, the choice to pimp your wife for extra money, etc. It started off as a game for adults and should continue on as a game for adults only. Trying to win the dollar from parents that want their brats to shut up in the computer store are not the customers Bethsoft should sell to.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm starting to lose faith that Bethsoft will accurately portray F3 as a RPG
By God, you're right! DO YOU HEAR ME DAC? YOU WERE FOOLS TO BLINDLY TRUST BETHESDA FOR SO LONG! Finally, someone says what everyone wanted to say all along.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Wait; There were people here who trusted Bethsoft?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Anyone with a brain knows FO3 is FOBullshit.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Wait; There were people here who trusted Bethsoft?
shh, that was irony, silly :chuckel:
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Playing a game for only 15 minutes and claiming to know what it's about is like claiming you have had a near death experience after getting a papercut.

Oblivion DOES have quests with multiple solutions.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
PiP

Post by PiP »

:salute:

:chuckel:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

PaladinHeart is back :dance: :sadblinky:
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Thinking back, I think I liked Morrowind better than Oblivion.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Thinking back, I think I liked Morrowind better than Oblivion.
I liked flying, except for those fucking bird-things.

Also the alien architecture.
And the underwater stuff.

In Oblivion the different building styles for different towns were slightly interesting but still pedestrian compared to Mwind.

I also thought it was odd that the center of a powerful empire would be so overrun with dangerous monsters.

Sure, there were police, but where were the patrols like in Mwind?
Just a few torchbearing horsemen.

meh
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

:gravedig:
VDweller wrote:
King of Creation wrote:Vault Dweller isn't really someone who's "rumors" I would tend to believe.
Why is that? Purely of curiosity.
Because you're not a game dev. I didn't mean any offense by it. But until recently, I had no reason to believe it.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>