bioshock 2: quest for the beard

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

There is non pre-rendered gameplay here in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ur1rmx95Co

I think it still looks pretty good, huh?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

PiP wrote:no, they have the balls to do a brutal trailer. That's about what we know for now. And don't tell me it's so hard to get brutal games..
Hah! In ye average game, you can kill people, sure, but for killing innocents you usually get punished(I.e. by Flaming Fist appearing out of nowhere rofl). And don't even start me on children. Did you see children in GTA?

Here we have a game in which you should kill innocent, and children at that.

YouTube never looks good :sadblinky:
Serious Business.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Koki wrote: Hah! In ye average game, you can kill people, sure, but for killing innocents you usually get punished(I.e. by Flaming Fist appearing out of nowhere rofl). And don't even start me on children. Did you see children in GTA?

Here we have a game in which you should kill innocent, and children at that.
I'm not talking about your 'average' game. Brutality? Violence? You don't need children for this. And GTA is a vivid example. Also that 50cent game and TruCrime and Condemned: Criminal Origins. And every FPS. Do you remember the first Soldier of Fortune? :evil_laugh: And the second one? And what about Postal, eh? BTW, didn't Postal have children? you could kick the dog for sure, and kill it with a spade. And piss on bodies, kick them and burn them.

Also, you get some punishment for attacking those freaky genetically-modified children in BS (lol bioshock = bullcrap)

Finally games are not good because they are violent.

Still I'm happy someone has the balls to make a game in which you can whack a girl-looking thing with a wrench.
[/quote]
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

You NEED kids for violence. Because in the gaming you can't have Arkanoid without blowing off limbs anymore. Nobody cares.
Serious Business.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Koki wrote:

YouTube never looks good :sadblinky:
So did you watch the video or what? It's got 14 minutes of gameplay footage, and the developer talking about it - he sounds a little bit stupid but it's not so bad.
PiP

Post by PiP »

did you read page 3 of this thread by any chance, you freaking fruit? Keep posting this link, keep posting :hammer:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

No I didn't read page three of this thread! Why do you ask hmm! :egypt:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

SuperH wrote:There is non pre-rendered gameplay here in this video:

that shit looks incredible.

i don't care about 'unscripted' gameplay so much, but it seems pretty clear that there are a multitude of solutions to everything, which is worth drooling over. some of the magical bio thingies seem unbelievably bit over-the-top, though, and some of the monsters seem a little silly. i hope the game is combat lite. but regardless, i think this is worthy of spending money on.

it would be nice if they incorporated bio AND tech into the game to make up for how ridiculous some of the bio stuff seems to me. think of cyberware/bioware in shadowrun for example. perhaps if you invested in one, your affinity for the other would be decreased. think of the character building possibilities.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PiP

Post by PiP »

atoga wrote:i hope the game is combat lite
:lol:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

:sadblinky:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Aegeri
Regular
Regular

Post by Aegeri »

PiP wrote:
:lol:
According to the developers you can finish the game without firing a shot. It would be IMMENSELY difficult to do however.
I have returned from my dark slumber....
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Aegeri wrote: According to the developers you can finish the game without firing a shot. It would be IMMENSELY difficult to do however.
What's the point of making it immensely difficult..?

Considering the ambush you're subjected to in the video, I don't see how you can get out of that one, without combat.
Testicular Pugilist
PiP

Post by PiP »

throw magic spells.. err splicers or something that will conjur majic helpers etc
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Goddamn scripted sequences.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

ot: any game where you can kill by vomiting acid/poison/nanomachinery/etc?
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

In Ultima VII you can force poison down people's throats :)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I think the pre-rendered trailer is more to highlight that what we commonly associate as the monster/bad guy in video games isn't as simple in this game.
PiP

Post by PiP »

and to give you shaky, heavy breething, FPP flood-of-emotions.
TriangleDragon
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TriangleDragon »

Meh, It's a step in the right driection but there isn't much we havn't seen before.

I hope they fix things so that everything isn't so identical. All the Splicers were the same, and the Big Daddys, and the Little Sisters... Plus the little sisters had like 3 sentences, which they just kept repeating. I'd like the addition to smash the windows and flood the places giving the sense of caution to firing bullets wildly. It looks too much like System Shock which is a problem because I thought SS was totally boring after the first 20 minutes.

-But yeah it's an improvement on the simplicity of "great shooters" like Doom 3. :flamed:
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Hey, how 'bout that? I found the correct thread instead of starting my own!
TriangleDragon wrote:I hope they fix things so that everything isn't so identical.
Just from screenshots I've been looking at, the developers are fleshing out the game more and more. I'm sure the "baddies" were pretty much all alike because of the stage of development at the time the demo video was released.
You've played System Shock 2, right? The gameplay will probably be a lot like that. SS2 was pretty good for its time on balancing "shoot-em-up" with "think-it-through."

Has anybody listened to the music of this game!? :yikes: It's pretty fucking great! Check it out:
http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/bioshock.html

Sounds like some of the creepier music in the Fallout games, but blown-up to about 100x the size. I've been listening to it for about 5 minutes continuously, and I'm still impressed.
Death to quotes.