Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

What the fuck is going on here? TinyJewboy not banned, DriedNuts not asshatted, and who the hell are the new assholes inferMarie and SniperGuy??

Plus, I request new feature in Fallout 3: being able to urinate on anything and everything, being able to extinguish yourself if on fire. It needs to be real. Yes, thats right I played Postal 2 recently.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Alexander wrote:What the fuck is going on here? TinyJewboy not banned, DriedNuts not asshatted, and who the hell are the new assholes inferMarie and SniperGuy??

Plus, I request new feature in Fallout 3: being able to urinate on anything and everything, being able to extinguish yourself if on fire. It needs to be real. Yes, thats right I played Postal 2 recently.
the new guard is not as hardcore as the old guard. :chew:
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Bah! I bought both games when they were first released- before it became "cool" to like Fallout.

I'd go to friends houses to play the game when my comp was acting up. Lousy huh?

I'm old-guard with FO, new-guard in DAC.

Anyways- here's something that can be put in to keep the kids at bay with TB; record the combat and when the battle is over, you have the option to replay it sans interruptions. So it would be a battlerecorder/viewer. Note that this suggestion serves us first, and the consumer second.
a;lejkfna;rv
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

infirmaryblues wrote:Anyways- here's something that can be put in to keep the kids at bay with TB; record the combat and when the battle is over, you have the option to replay it sans interruptions. So it would be a battlerecorder/viewer. Note that this suggestion serves us first, and the consumer second.
2nd bestest idea that I've heard recently. That should keep the little buggers occupied.
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Alexander wrote:Plus, I request new feature in Fallout 3: being able to urinate on anything and everything, being able to extinguish yourself if on fire. It needs to be real. Yes, thats right I played Postal 2 recently.
And I want the ability to piss and shit whenever I need to; then expertly expedite the excrement upon the enemy's face. This only works if we get to play as the rhesus monkey race.
a;lejkfna;rv
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I like to shoot light bulbs. Every game should have the feature to shoot light bulbs. If i could shoot in every game light bulbs, then i could turn every game dark, which means, it´d rock!
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Dreadnought wrote:
infirmaryblues wrote:How about better implementation of addiction? Like high gambling skill = higher predisposition to gambling addiction.

Or when you rest, you wake up to find yourself, for some reason, at a slot machine or hunched over someone while holding a knife in order to steal for some jet.

I think in including addiction into a game, it has got to hold more power over your character, to the point where it is unpleasant. In FO1 and 2, you just threw up and lost some health at a post-apocalyptic rest stop.

Also your skills were affected.

But the idea is good. What would be great in relation to this, is beeing unable to rest/sleep if the need for drugs is too strong (after 24 h or so) causing further exhaustion and turkey and really bad shit like only negative speech options and after a while a reputation as JUNKIE (higher drug prices for you, people feel sorry for you, hate you or refuse speaking with you etc,)
In addition, if the addiction got bad enough, your character would be outside of your control. In order to shake the addiction, your only power would be choosing whether or not to use what you're addicted to.
For instance- You're character is addicted to Buffout and is nearly hopelessly addicted. You can't even control where he/she walks/runs, the character looks for dealers on it's own(the pathfinding AI would have to be worked for this). You can't control if your character buys the drug, only if it consumes the drug(notice I use the word IT).
You'd either be able to go cold turkey, stepping down your use(or else go into DT's) OR, if you had built a good relationship with NPCs, they would assist in helping you(I dunno, maybe paying for rehab? Then you escape of course!).
Additionally, you could switch to a different drug(like heroin replacing morphine addiction). No magical save-all cure-all nicorette arm-patch antidote potion found here.

It wouldn't necessarily have a global negative effect upon your character's reputation; if you had the NPC friends as said above, their view of your character wouldn't be diminished. They'd supposedly have insight into the true nature of your character, addiction only being a weakness.
Last edited by infirmaryblues on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a;lejkfna;rv
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

That's all very sexy, but in order to have to put up with all that shit, drugs actually ought to give a massive advantage in the game. In the previous games, they didn't really play a role at all.
Last edited by Frater Perdurabo on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

you're such a shit bag, all the negative effects of addiction but what about the good times? waking up next to strippers, police chases, fucking your best friend's mom...
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

infirmaryblues wrote:In addition, if the addiction got bad enough, your character would be outside of your control. In order to shake the addiction, your only power would be choosing whether or not to use what you're addicted to.
For instance- You're character is addicted to Buffout and is nearly hopelessly addicted. You can't even control where he/she walks/runs, the character looks for dealers on it's own(the pathfinding AI would have to be worked for this). You can't control if your character buys the drug, only if it consumes the drug(notice I use the word IT).
You'd either be able to go cold turkey, stepping down your use(or else go into DT's) OR, if you had built a good relationship with NPCs, they would assist in helping you(I dunno, maybe paying for rehab? Then you escape of course!).
Additionally, you could switch to a different drug(like heroin replacing morphine addiction). No magical save-all cure-all nicorette arm-patch antidote potion found here.

It wouldn't necessarily have a global negative effect upon your character's reputation; if you had the NPC friends as said above, their view of your character wouldn't be diminished. They'd supposedly have insight into the true nature of your character, addiction only being a weakness.
This is the very archetype of ideas that look good in feature naming threads on the internets but which no one really wants to be implemented once they realise their implications.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

You don't need drugs for good times. Hell, I woke up next to a stripper post nightly policechase after going cold turkey. Also note: Killzig is my best friend, connect the dots. :hug:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

St. Toxic wrote:You don't need drugs for good times. Hell, I woke up next to a stripper post nightly policechase after going cold turkey. Also note: Killzig is my best friend, connect the dots. :hug:
more like connect the interlocking anatomical features, amirite?
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Killzig wrote:you're such a shit bag, all the negative effects of addiction but what about the good times? waking up next to strippers, police chases, fucking your best friend's mom...
Oh yeah, they'd have to justly implement the benefits. Probably something like brilliant dialogue choices(we'd be talking about drugs wholly imagined in order for the addiction function to work), or like psycho, where you got added stats.

If the game stays with some sort of third-person view(isometric included), I wanna be able to see my character pass out and shit-faced. This would be like the military base in FO2 where you MUST stand guard for, what, 6 hours? You'd be forced to watch your character lay in his/her own vomit without being able to rest; you'd only be able to re-load.

At the same time, you'd be able to take screenshots.
a;lejkfna;rv
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Killzig wrote:more like connect the interlocking anatomical features, amirite?
Olol, he'll be here all night folks. :dance:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

infirmaryblues wrote:
Killzig wrote:you're such a shit bag, all the negative effects of addiction but what about the good times? waking up next to strippers, police chases, fucking your best friend's mom...
Oh yeah, they'd have to justly implement the benefits. Probably something like brilliant dialogue choices(we'd be talking about drugs wholly imagined in order for the addiction function to work), or like psycho, where you got added stats.

If the game stays with some sort of third-person view(isometric included), I wanna be able to see my character pass out and shit-faced. This would be like the military base in FO2 where you MUST stand guard for, what, 6 hours? You'd be forced to watch your character lay in his/her own vomit without being able to rest; you'd only be able to re-load.

At the same time, you'd be able to take screenshots.
in game negatives for out of game benefits? FAIL.
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

TinyTeeth wrote:This is the very archetype of ideas that look good in feature naming threads on the internets but which no one really wants to be implemented once they realise their implications.
Ah screw the technology, I wanna be able to do all of that. The pathfinding AI wouldn't have to be brilliant anyways; only as good as it already is, save for some potentially minor glitches associated with need. It'd be similar to AI in your average RTS.
a;lejkfna;rv
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

if you drop acid all your dialog should read like a 4too post.
infirmaryblues
SDF!
SDF!

Post by infirmaryblues »

Killzig wrote:in game negatives for out of game benefits? FAIL.
Wasn't too serious about the screenshot part
Killzig wrote:if you drop acid all your dialog should read like a 4too post.
That sounds pretty damn funny....oops on the double post... eh wait a minute here
a;lejkfna;rv
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

probably impossible to implement as it would 'encourage kids to use drugs', but a nice reward for taking drugs would be new game areas open in the game - positive resonse from some NPCs, new dialogues (not just new minor options in old ones), new quests (pusher career, stealing stuff for drugs, escaping cops, taking yr overdosed mate to the hospital while you're high yourself, etc, getting rid of that sex.-transmitted disease you don't remember how you got, etc.)
On second thoughts, this should be possible to implement if slaver career and mafia career are.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

It's not like you could become a drug dealer in Fallout. With drugs being as common as they are, you'd be a trader just like any other. For that reason, among others, I don't want chems to get too much attention, at least no more than booze or fruit.