best album ever?

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Loveless is crap.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

It's a great comic, doh. :che:
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Loveless is crap.
I just ejaculated blood in anger. I hope you're happy with yourself.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I donno, Loveless is pretty doye. baby arm may be onto somthing. certainly, 'tis more inventive (and unarguably better) than garbage's seminal works by a pretty high factor indeed.
Megatron wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:
atoga wrote:the best album ever is (prolly) 'scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires'.
By?
scientist!

was it on gta3?
Half of it was. On KJAH (da reggae/dub/whatever station).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Modern Talking - Let's Talk About Love

;)
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Gave Songs From the Victorious City a second chance, and, hey, turns out it's not all that bad after all. B)
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

London Calling - The Clash.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
DoctorComunis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DoctorComunis »

right now, <a href="http://www.bigupload.com/d=A9351D88" target="_blank" class="postlink">Cosmic Jokers - eponyme ('74) </a>
:clap:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Nevermind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - The Sex Pistols or
One Night in Birdland - Charlie Parker.

Alternatively "Blue Train" by John Coltrane is also a good choice.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

cosmic jokers is beyond dope,
have you heard the rest of ash ra tempel's stuff? a band after my own heart :salute:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DoctorComunis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DoctorComunis »

nope, sadly i haven't, just stumbled over the Cosmic following the trail of klaus Schulze, but thanks for the heads up, in fact I found a great swedish online kraut/prog-<a href="http://www2.recordheaven.net" target="_blank" class="postlink">shop</a> where i ordered tCJ CD last week, they had some Ash Ra temple stuff there also. But i havent heard anything else from Göttsching so i hesitated. Im kinda new to the genre, but listen a great deal to Schulze, Froese, TD, Pete Namlook, Michael Hoenig etc.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

That Cosmic Jokers album is pretty nifty considering that the musicians didn't even know they were recording an album at the time.

If you like that, listen to 'UFO' by Guru Guru. Plenty of wacky German wah wah pedal action.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
DoctorComunis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DoctorComunis »

pretty devious by that Rolf-Ulrich Kaiser guy.

guru guru - UFOs? thx will try to find it on t net :barf: (port22-block on network conn., bzzt - "Datenuebertragungsprotokoll sind korrumpiert!")
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

2pac and Outlawz - Thug Life B) ...perfect for my needs
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

UFO by Guru Guru changed my life

and I prefer Giant Steps to Blue Train, though his free jazz stuff above all but you really can't compare it to his other work :google:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

c. mingus - the black saint & the sinner lady
c. mingus - mingus ah um

only discovered these recently; both are fantastik from start to finish. the first is a bizarro jazz ballet. those jazz negroes in the 50s and 60s really had it down.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Hah, you only really just got into Charles Mingus? I figured you being a hep cat and all would be all over that shit, mang.

But yeah, Mingus was one helluva guy. Check out Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus for more beboppin free-jazzin' whatsamacallit fun :)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

back when i was a young buck i heard blues & roots and thought it was pretty good, juss' nothing special. those two, however, really beat the fuck outta me. and chyeah, i still have a lot of pre-black power movement jazz negro territory to explore. B)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

atoga wrote:c. mingus - the black saint & the sinner lady
This one is quite exceptionnal, and it's the first Mingus I listened to.
DoctorComunis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DoctorComunis »

found one guru-guru album, Hinten was the name, not that great, but I know there's more...

Ash Ra Temple, Schwingungen was right up my alley.

Also came across a Hungarian group called <a href="http://www.discogs.com/release/617418" class="postlink">Solaris</a>, and their album <a href="http://www.bigupload.com/d=9F173DFE" target="_blank" class="postlink">Marsbeli Kronikak</a> anno 1983. - really cool
Last edited by DoctorComunis on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.