Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

There are people in all sorts of forums across the web questioning Bethesda and pointing out what a shit pile FO3 is sure to be. And it hasn't even been announced yet. Unless the game they're making looks amazing, there's gonna be a huge uproar when the screenshots and videos start rolling in. And when the game released actually sucks, it'll tank like Tactics after the first week.

Nothing we can do will change their minds to make a proper Fallout. But fans are gonna hit them hard in sales numbers, maybe. And there's so many more than us few assholes at DAC, NMA, and Codex.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

VDweller wrote:If having a proper sequel is important to you guys, then get off your asses and go and demand the fucking answers. Don't ask Pete if he's ready to talk to you yet, ask him why the fuck the game is not turn-based and isometric. Instead of turning the rare developers visits into official DAC holidays, ask them about the game's fucking features. Talk to reviewers/previewers, ask them what they own expectations are, explain your points, create some fucking expectations for fuck's sakes. Don't have contacts? Establish them. And so on, and so on.
Which Vault Dweller is this again? In either case, he's not bullshitting.

I like to think that the Fallout fanbase is much bigger than assumed. Probably even bigger than NWN or TES fanbase(pre-Oblivion). Go to any gaming site that posts news about Fallout 3 and you'll see dozens of comments stating 'It probably won't be as good as the first two, but still might be a decent game'. It is these people you must activate. NMA and DAC forums is one medium but you have to come up with something more fraudulent than that to make Bethesda react.

Here's an idea; register Fallout3.com and transform it into a carefully orchestrated propaganda machinery dedicated to our cause. Explain the history, legacy and expectations of a product we know as Fallout. Then show the world how Bethesda is going to fuck it up; you know, the sort of business DAC is known of(trashtalking, art competitions, megatron etc.). Stalker: Shadow of Oblivion * 10. Put your heart into it and make the site known by all means necessary.

Or sit in your trenches and throw pebbles at eachother. You decide.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I've had that idea for a while, but it will require a team effort mangs. R U RDY!? :M
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

point grampa killzig in the right direction, I'll beat some sense into them with my cane.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

I dedicate the entirity of my complete lack of skill, talent or motivation to the cause of this Fallout 3 website. Find me on AIM or MSN or contact me by email =>
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Killzig wrote:you were dealing with a very different set of circumstances. Interplay hadn't released a "good game" in a while. Oblivion's hype is still strong to this day and Bethsoft is pretty much untouchable. I'm not saying not to try. I'm just saying you're way behind the curve at this point.
Oblivion hype isn't as strong as you think. There are a lot of complaints and unhappiness, and the fact that almost all die hard MW fans who were the community leaders joined the Codex and expressed their disappointments speaks for itself. Frankie, the self-proclaimed Bethesda fans #1, who listened and believed to every word the developers said, hates Bethesda with passion now. That's gotta tell you something.

Oblivion was sold on hype. There were a lot of promises and most of them were broken. Selling another Bethesda games won't be as easy this time. Selling Oblivion with guns might be a suicide mission.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

VDweller wrote: Oblivion hype isn't as strong as you think. There are a lot of complaints and unhappiness, and the fact that almost all die hard MW fans who were the community leaders joined the Codex and expressed their disappointments speaks for itself. Frankie, the self-proclaimed Bethesda fans #1, who listened and believed to every word the developers said, hates Bethesda with passion now. That's gotta tell you something.

Oblivion was sold on hype. There were a lot of promises and most of them were broken. Selling another Bethesda games won't be as easy this time. Selling Oblivion with guns might be a suicide mission.
I don't think that it will be such a suicide mission as you describe it VD.Yes,the die-hard fans are gone,most morons after spending time with the game and getting over the "Gr@ph1X!!1 is teh l33t" part realised that oblivion is merely a decent game not the legendary-groundbraking mesiah of gaming the media had forced and brain-washed them to believe,
but still, with all the mainstream gaming industry places cocksucking bethesda it's certain that fallout 3 will be a major success.Perhaps not as much as Oblivion,but certainly a big hit.It's not that hard to use the same trick twice.

Can't you see that it's already happening? Dozen of sites suddenly remembering how awsome was fallout and starting to use comments as "The legentary RPG series" ,"The most genre-moving RPG ever made" and such.All of a sudden,remembering fallout from the grave and how awsome it was.And all that without Bethesda announcing anything,not a damn screen,not a damn story/setting preview,nothing,not even having anounced the game officially.

Imagine what's going to happen when Gamespot/IGN/Gamebanshee/OXM starts slurping beths cock officialy. My best guess is Bukkake and not the cheap american ones,I am talking about Japan-style. :drunk:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

VasikkA wrote:Which Vault Dweller is this again? In either case, he's not bullshitting.
From the Codex.
Here's an idea; register Fallout3.com and transform it into a carefully orchestrated propaganda machinery dedicated to our cause. Explain the history, legacy and expectations of a product we know as Fallout. Then show the world how Bethesda is going to fuck it up; you know, the sort of business DAC is known of(trashtalking, art competitions, megatron etc.). Stalker: Shadow of Oblivion * 10. Put your heart into it and make the site known by all means necessary.
That's actually a great idea, but the domain is already taken.
Bloodlust wrote:I don't think that it will be such a suicide mission as you describe it VD.
Maybe, maybe not. Two years ago everyone believed that Oblivion will combine the best features of MW and DF. Today there are a LOT of former Beth fans who will think twice about buying a game before reading a review. I've seen my review circulating all over the net, being referred even at GameSpot forums as the only honest review. I was surprised at how many people agreed with my points.
Can't you see that it's already happening? Dozen of sites suddenly remembering how awsome was fallout and starting to use comments as "The legentary RPG series" ,"The most genre-moving RPG ever made" and such.
Of course. That's the hype that Bethesda had counted on, and that's the weak spot like in the Death Star. Create a strong anti-hype, make it impossible for someone to claim that FO3 is a Fallout game, and we'll see what happens.

The important point to realize is that it's already happening, like you said, while you guys are still waiting for something.
Imagine what's going to happen when Gamespot/IGN/Gamebanshee/OXM starts slurping beths cock officialy.
I remember when some shitty site posted a FOBOS preview and they've had that readers' rating thingy there. At first it was 9/10, then the link was posted at the community sites and the rating went down to 2/10 within hours. Do you think seeing readers rating "SHIT" doesn't affect people?
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

About Oblivion...
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 626605&hl=
Question: Is Oblivion the best RPG? (a year ago, the answers would have been "yes!" - VD)

Answers:
Oblivion best RPG ever? Hell no.
Oblivion is hardly an RPG at all (no choices etc.)
No.
Totaly agree, Oblivion is all about the graphics..
Oblivion is certinaly a very good action/adventure game, possibly the best I've played in the catagory. It's certainly not the best RPG; if only because for starters it is not an RPG.
There isn't a lot of depth to the game outside of a few areas and things are highly scripted. It is the kind of thing that initially looks great and gets great reviews but doesn't have the same level of depth as say a baulder's gate or a few other obsure pc rpgs.
Nope. In fact if you class it as an RPG it is the worst RPG of all time.
I dont really consider oblivion an RPG as much as i do an adventure/action game.

And so on.... Hype can take a game only so far.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

St. Toxic wrote:I've had that idea for a while, but it will require a team effort mangs. R U RDY!? :M
We're working on some odd ideas in NMA right now, some of its nearing completion. Despite that, I have some time left, if you need a hand, just ring.

fallout3.com is registered, as is .net by those sneaky poles. Only .org is left, which would make a lot of sense.
VDweller wrote:Selling Oblivion with guns might be a suicide mission.
Might be, might not be. If they're going to take the risk to again attempt to kill an old fanbase and start a new one, they might find out that doesn't work every time.
The important point to realize is that it's already happening, like you said, while you guys are still waiting for something.
True enough.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I've had that idea for a while, but it will require a team effort mangs. R U RDY!?
:aiee: :aiee:
I could prolly lend a hand somehow,
not sure how much tho' since I'm just beginning wrok on my masters thesis.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Mismatch wrote: I could prolly lend a hand somehow,
not sure how much tho' since I'm just beginning wrok on my masters thesis.
Same here. Wrote my first topics today...now I only need to fill the gaps with 30-pages of text...

but if you need graphical stuff, I might be able to squeeze it in. :salute:
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

St. Toxic wrote:I've had that idea for a while, but it will require a team effort mangs. R U RDY!? :M
I'm in :1967:

Fallout3.com and .net are already taken, but .org is still ripe for pickings...
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

1967...the Arab-Israeli war?
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

now youve done it. a humongous tidalwave of flashbacks approaches.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

How about .cx? :M
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Now we just need to sucker Shag into buying the domain like we did with Tcancer :giggle:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Naked_Lunch wrote:Fallout3.com and .net are already taken, but .org is still ripe for pickings...
Nah, it should be .com to lure as many people as possible. If the domain isn't owned by Bethesda, then why not make a bid for it?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I made a fanfic that had bethesda in it, it was Fallout Sitcom 40k 3 in 3-d or something. It was my first move of activism against the evil bethesda.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Then post it or dig it, nigga.